Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Leafs, Thursday Oct 26th at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Hope JVR is okay but I really hope he is traded instead

Almost perfect lineup now. I would just switch Marleau with Brown. Marleau would be better with two playmakers (bozak and marner), without being on a matchup line, able to go against the other teams third line, and focus on scoring while being defensively responsible for the line. While brown is perfect being on the shutdown line and working hard and still scoring as shown last year when he scored 20 and kadri scored 30.

And i also really like leivo and glad he is playing. I wouldnt even mind if he takes komarovs spot in the future.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Be careful what you wish for. JVR's production has been great. Josh Leivo is no JVR.

This Cane's team is built to give us fits. They'll be a pain in our Aho's for sure.
Well hopefully we can Staal them long enough to pull out the win.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
5 goals and 9 points in 9 games. I wouldn't wish that at all.
It's as if some posters can't break themselves of the habit of waiting to trade good players away for magic beans.
I hope it's nothing serious but I hope he sits a game or two just so Leivo and co. Can get some burn

Reactions: LeafsNation149

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
A perfect chance to see how the team would play if we traded JVR for help on D... I really like the look of Brown - Bozak - Marner if Mitch can keep that fire under his butt like last game.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Sounds like Leivo will get his shot and we get a taste of what Leafs without JVR looks like.
Will he or will Fehr join the Moore/Martin line?
This is a good opportunity to guage a Brown-Bozak-Marner line.
Now JVR could return tomorrow but we'll see.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
22s
Lines at Leafs practice
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Brown-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Leivo
Fehr
Absent: JvR

hilarious that I know that I'm not the only one that sorta is hoping for injuries just to see what some other kids can do.

Oh yea, super funny wishing someone is injured.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
scoring more goals than you allow is more important, something JVR struggles with

Better than not scoring at all? He's at a PPG... he's doing something, which is a lot more than a big portion of the league.

I don't understand why he gets flack when there could be a lot to be said about other players.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Better than not scoring at all? He's at a PPG... he's doing something, which is a lot more than a big portion of the league.

I don't understand why he gets flack when there could be a lot to be said about other players.
He won't be PPG all year. If he could put up those points and show a pulse at the other end no one would have a problem with him.

Reactions: Rogie

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Will he or will Fehr join the Moore/Martin line?
This is a good opportunity to guage a Brown-Bozak-Marner line.
Now JVR could return tomorrow but we'll see.

Leivo not directly replacing JVR on that line is certainly interesting. Wonder if Fehr going on waivers changed anything with the extra forward(s)? Leivo might be ahead of him now; Leivo in when the need is wing, Fehr only in if the need is C.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
22s
Lines at Leafs practice
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Brown-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Leivo
Fehr
Absent: JvR

hilarious that I know that I'm not the only one that sorta is hoping for injuries just to see what some other kids can do.

Wait, Fehr has been called back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad