Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Leafs, Thursday Oct 26th at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
Very similar system, minus the offensive depth.
Jaccob Slavin et. al back there are good at turning the puck over and stopping a forecheck dead in its tracks, so it'll be important to wear them down early and dominated the third like we usually do.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Ugggh.. these Babcock clones always give us a tough time and the Canes as bad as they have been for the last half decade seem to always be the team that starts something bad for the Leafs..

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hate Thursday games.

Who's Babcocks protege?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Hope JVR's alright. At the same time, Leivo definitely deserves a shot. If he draws in I'd like to see:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Martin-Moore-Komarov

(Seems like Komarov won't get moved down the lineup no matter how bad he is though)

Reactions: TheBigThree

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
22s
Lines at Leafs practice
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Brown-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Leivo
Fehr
Absent: JvR

hilarious that I know that I'm not the only one that sorta is hoping for injuries just to see what some other kids can do.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was fully expecting Fehr to take line rushes instead of Leivo... because Babcock.

But at least he's get to play and hopefully get a groove going.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I bet babs will say in his press today it was a precaution and JVR will take his place tomorrow night. I would love to see leivo though. Although the fact babcock has shuffled a few lines could be a sign JVR will be out otherwise Leivo would of just slotted into LW where JVR came from

edit: would love most of all JVR traded, for the talking points and the chance for a marlie or leivo to get an extended shot

Reactions: Rogie

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Carolina is a dangerous team, top to bottom, especially if new guy can be better than Ward (which really shouldn't be hard). One of my favorite underdog teams right now, full of young talent that plays the right way.

Leafs will have to be sharp.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
22s
Lines at Leafs practice
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Brown-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Leivo
Fehr

hilarious that I know that I'm not the only one that sorta is hoping for injuries just to see what some other kids can do.

Like I said a couple days ago, you never wanna see injuries, but guys like Kapanen, Leivo, Johnsson, etc have to be playing with some sort of voodoo doll if they have any chance of playing in the near future.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He took maintenance days all the time last season, along with Bozak. He'll probably play.

Normally maintenance days doesn't change the lines. Like someone mentioned, Leivo would have been put on the Bozak line as a place holder.

Looks to me like JVR is out for at least the next game. Could be a game time decision and this is just to prepare for that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
JVR out pending trade call???

Lol....I wish.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
22s
Lines at Leafs practice
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Brown-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Leivo
Fehr

Would be nice if Leivo and Komarov switched places.

Also on your point about Carolina. They seem to be a good posession team, good overall team speed and good depth. Where it looks like they lack is they dont have one truly elite player and it looks like they lack shooters or have trouble finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad