Candidates for defensemen coach

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
It still kind of makes me laugh when people think Robinson is a defence only guy. His background as a defenceman pigeonholes him into people believing he's just good for D but many people in the Devils organization praised him as a coach for his work on the team offence.

That said, he doesn't want a heavy responsibility job like being on the bench anymore, but he's always been open to Montreal. Montreal hasn't been open to him.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Am I the only one who's happy we at least have Julien who can formulate a thought and discuss issues with the team without deflections or buzzwords? Everytime I hear or read Julien's comments I feel he's the sole sane mind on this team, he's a very good hockey mind (with a style we can agree or disagree with but still). Pretty shitty move from MB to throw him under the bus saying the team had a bad attitude, implying Julien had all the elements he needed to make the playoffs and that he failed to motivate them.

I love how CJ was not at ease with the term "attitude" and tried to circle around the fact his team just didnt have the firepower to accomplish anything. He's "entre l'arbre et l'écorce" like we say here. He doesnt want to make his boss look bad but he's under pressure from the media to explain the lackluster season and MB puts him in a delicate situation...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Am I the only one who's happy we at least have Julien who can formulate a thought and discuss issues with the team without deflections or buzzwords? Everytime I hear or read Julien's comments I feel he's the sole sane mind on this team, he's a very good hockey mind (with a style we can agree or disagree with but still). Pretty ****ty move from MB to throw him under the bus saying the team had a bad attitude, implying Julien had all the elements he needed to make the playoffs and that he failed to motivate them.

I love how CJ was not at ease with the term "attitude" and tried to circle around the fact his team just didnt have the firepower to accomplish anything. He's "entre l'arbre et l'écorce" like we say here. He doesnt want to make his boss look bad but he's under pressure from the media to explain the lackluster season and MB puts him in a delicate situation...

His recent comments make it sound like he's been freed a bit and not under Bergevin's thumb.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
His recent comments make it sound like he's been freed a bit and not under Bergevin's thumb.

Which makes me think Bergevin really isn't 'the man' like he once was, control freak was stripped of his control, while still being a freak.

(ok the situation may not be as drastic as I made it out to be, even if I hope it is)

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Which makes me think Bergevin really isn't 'the man' like he once was, control freak was stripped of his control, while still being a freak.

(ok the situation may not be as drastic as I made it out to be, even if I hope it is)

If they do hire Bouchard for AGM, I think that is the beginning of the end of Bergevin. You don't bring in Bouchard unless you expect him to be a GM soon.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If they do hire Bouchard for AGM, I think that is the beginning of the end of Bergevin. You don't bring in Bouchard unless you expect him to be a GM soon.

Pretty sure Bouchard wont be a yes man. He'll speak his mind freely. I think he could be the right guy for MB. There will be fire but at least MB will be challenged.

Reactions: jaffy27

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Mike Kitchen still want to be assistant in the NHL he's the guy. I mean lot of experience. Was a coach for 4 teams only in almost 20 years. So if the plan is to eventually have Ducharme has hc then having an experienced guy like Kitchen as an assistant is a good idea.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Yeah it's not like he's coached any decent d-men recently

Unless you include Burns and Vlasic

He was also around Niedermayer more than probably any other coach during his career but what would he know about PMDs that can join the rush

Well there was also that one time that he was one for about 15 years

Cups as a player, Assistant Coach and Head Coach

If he passes the senility test that's good enough for me
You really think that Burns ,Vlasic and Niedermayer needed Robinson to be what they were ? funny

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Mike Kitchen should be pretty high on the list

they other candidate I have are:

Chris Chelios
Phillipe Boucher
Wade Redden
Marty Wilford
Jay McKee
Mike Komisarek
Bring back Coach K!

injured-player-mike-komisarek-of-the-montreal-canadiens-takes-on-a-picture-id83858613

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Robinson really should be brought back into the fold. And this Kitchen dude sounds like the best candidate.

I'm convinced the vast majority of Quebecois are much better than these petty issues.

I'm sure the vast majority are fine with it also, it's just the vocal minority outside and inside the organization that's being unreasonable. For instance like what they did to Cunneyworth, that was despicable.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Montreal always picks off the scraps heap in Buffalo....lol

Crazy as this sounds, Gorges would be an upgrade on our dfense...I don't think he is done , just Buffalo syndrome...I would take him back for league minimum money... one thing we all know his heart is with Montreal.Only reason we got rid of him he made too much $$ for what he was...he had that one good season(offense) and got a pay day for it .....750,000-850,000 k for 1 year ,I would try it out.

It goes both ways...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Am I the only one who's happy we at least have Julien who can formulate a thought and discuss issues with the team without deflections or buzzwords? Everytime I hear or read Julien's comments I feel he's the sole sane mind on this team, he's a very good hockey mind (with a style we can agree or disagree with but still). Pretty ****ty move from MB to throw him under the bus saying the team had a bad attitude, implying Julien had all the elements he needed to make the playoffs and that he failed to motivate them.

I think Julien himself is somewhat an outdated coach who made bad decisions this year, but I definitely trust his judgement more than Bergevin or Therrien. At a minimum, he’s a lot more honest, and while he has a grinder fetish, he at least isn’t openly jealous of skill the way those two clowns are.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
While this looks good, it's odd that an assistant coach who doesn't even talk to the media was even brought up in the 'must speak french' conversation.

It's kind of obvious.
This issue, makes us go around and around in circles...sad, we are the only team in the league that has to deal with this....why can't Molson straiten this crap out?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think Julien himself is somewhat an outdated coach who made bad decisions this year, but I definitely trust his judgement more than Bergevin or Therrien. At a minimum, he’s a lot more honest, and while he has a grinder fetish, he at least isn’t openly jealous of skill the way those two clowns are.

The Habs need to see that teams ain't trying to win 2-1 in the playoffs now..look at the scores. Ducharme his system ,is what we need in 2018...Jacques Martin , Therrien , Julien , system very much a like, lower scoring teams........we need to ramp up and be able to put the boots to people offensively ...enough of getting shutout and lose...lets lose 5-4 if we have to lose....not 3-0 ...20 times ..lol i want the feeling if we get down 1 or 2 that we can actually come back.....

Reactions: Forum93

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
You really think that Burns ,Vlasic and Niedermayer needed Robinson to be what they were ? funny
What's funny is if you don't think Robinson had any impact on those guys then we don't need a D-coach

He worked a lot with Burns when they moved him from forward back to D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad