Candidates for defensemen coach

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
1 - Mike Kitchen
2 - Jay Leach
3- Todd Nelson
4 - Alain Vigneault

Vigneault is still being paid by NYR for 2 more seasons at $4 mil per. If he takes another job it will void his salary. I don’t see it happens for 3 more seasons. Highly doubt Habs will pay their coaching 9 mil between Julien and Vigneault.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Could be. But the notion that Bergevin is just going to hire a friend, while firing two lifelong friends in the last month is just playing the same boring narrative. It's preaching to the choir at this point.

Maybe I got that wrong, but wasn't it just JJD's contract not being renewed? Two very different things.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Semantics. Not that different at all in a world where coaches get new contracts all the time.

There's a huge difference between :

-You're so bad we're gonna pay you to stay at home.

and...

-We had a down year, the boss wants some change and thus we unfortunately can't renew your contract.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Just for something different. I would really like it if we are going to go with a former player we could try someone who wasn't a bottom pairing D man in his career. No guarantees that is the way to go, but you know, like give it a whirl. See what happens.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
So many interesting names. Big Bird? Sure. I mean Jacques Laperriere coached defensemen until he was about 200 years old so age is not that important. It'd be amazing to see him back in Mtl but I doubt he'd be interested at this point. There's one guy I think would be a great coach. He spent his whole career giving the puck to his partners and telling them where to go. Never coached but he always was somewhat of a player-coach during his long career despite being the worst skater in the league. He was all about positioning. Hal Gill is very bright and respected by all. Plus he'd bring a bit of fun in this very drab dressing room.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
J. Bouchard is not coming in as an assistant coach, lol. Unless the Habs make him very rich by investing a lot of $$$ in his team, which would be kinda weird.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
J. Bouchard is not coming in as an assistant coach, lol. Unless the Habs make him very rich by investing a lot of $$$ in his team, which would be kinda weird.
I think Bouchard is getting Laval

But D Coach i can see it being someone Claude is close to since he never got his own people

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

No way he goes assistant ! for me he is going Assistant Gm + Rocket GM + director of Developpemet

So many interesting names. Big Bird? Sure. I mean Jacques Laperriere coached defensemen until he was about 200 years old so age is not that important. It'd be amazing to see him back in Mtl but I doubt he'd be interested at this point. There's one guy I think would be a great coach. He spent his whole career giving the puck to his partners and telling them where to go. Never coached but he always was somewhat of a player-coach during his long career despite being the worst skater in the league. He was all about positioning. Hal Gill is very bright and respected by all. Plus he'd bring a bit of fun in this very drab dressing room.

Big Bird said that he doesn’t want to be coach anymore but I would bring him as consultant ! And for Gill you have a really good point ! He help alote of young D like Subban and he know how work a PK ! He is an option that they need to consider even if I think that the best candidate is Trent Yenway

Reactions: BobbyShehan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->