Candidates for defensemen coach

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That's refreshing and surprising to hear he wants the best candidate possible regardless of language. Is he allowed to actually say that out loud? :sarcasm:

for asst coaches ,yes..lol
head coaches...no way..lol

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
NO thanks . Robinson was a very good player and a good coach in the past but it was ... in the past . Not want him to teach the modern hockey

A great D-Man who knows how to play D and who could coach. We would be lucky to snag Big Bird, he's no Breezeby.

Reactions: ottawa

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
yeah , 18 years ago ...
Yeah it's not like he's coached any decent d-men recently

Unless you include Burns and Vlasic

He was also around Niedermayer more than probably any other coach during his career but what would he know about PMDs that can join the rush

Well there was also that one time that he was one for about 15 years

Cups as a player, Assistant Coach and Head Coach

If he passes the senility test that's good enough for me

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He was also around Niedermayer more than probably any other coach during his career but what would he know about PMDs that can join the rush

He is now in St. Louis as Senior Consultant to Hockey Operations, but you can bet he talks to the likes of Pietrangelo and Parayko and Dunn, who benefit from his expertise. This is what I want Robinson in Montreal for. I don't need him to be the defense coach, I just want him within the organization. He's openly admitted to wanting to be here before he retires.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Nah he is done, he was a healthy scratch for the worst team in the league. Then again he might fit right in...lol

Montreal always picks off the scraps heap in Buffalo....lol

Crazy as this sounds, Gorges would be an upgrade on our dfense...I don't think he is done , just Buffalo syndrome...I would take him back for league minimum money... one thing we all know his heart is with Montreal.Only reason we got rid of him he made too much $$ for what he was...he had that one good season(offense) and got a pay day for it .....750,000-850,000 k for 1 year ,I would try it out.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Robinson really should be brought back into the fold. And this Kitchen dude sounds like the best candidate.

That's refreshing and surprising to hear he wants the best candidate possible regardless of language. Is he allowed to actually say that out loud? :sarcasm:
I'm convinced the vast majority of Quebecois are much better than these petty issues.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Robinson's in his mid-60s -- older but not old. Brains, experience, credibility, the guy's got it all. It's shameful Bergevin dropped the ball with him the first time around. If he's interested and motivated I can't imagine anyone better.

Reactions: Forum93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad