GDT: Canada vs Česko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Czech team was out swimming in the Halifax harbour this morning (literal poison)

They’re soooo f***ed

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
Well Canada will be hungry for a "revenge". It all depends on several factors - how much energy we have left, if Suchánek will have this day again and if the team spirit withstand + we need a bit of luck. Because we will face probably the strongest opponent supported by home crowd and to be honest, after I saw what refs did with us in semis, maybe also the refs (sorry , but refs were the weakest part of our SF game against Sweden). I really hope it will be an epic final, for me, our guys are already gold, because they pushed our ice hockey a bit back to its previous positions. Of course, question is what if Russia played in this WJC, our performance reminds me a bit of their game, but who knows what would happened, the fact is we were quite successful against them on last WJCs (4-3 and 2-0 at 2019 and 2020 WJC).

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Somehow I do not believe this is going to be an equal match similar to what we have seen with CZE vs SWE. Either CAN steamrolls and give a beating or CZE manages to pot a quick one or two and we get to a game similar to the one in round robin.

Anyway Go Czechs! I'm already really happy with the team no matter what happens in this match.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Canada dummied some of the worlds best hockey nations in their last games. It ain’t gonna be a blowout if Czechia does win.
The only good team they dummied was Sweden (and destroyed a couple of minnows). They lost to the Czechs, barely beat Slovakia and were outplayed by the US. For a team that was touted as "the best team ever" coming into the tourney, they haven't lived up to those expectations.

I don't think the Czechs will blow them out (but the did beat them by 3 last game so suggesting 4 isn't a huge stretch). I can see a very close game where the Czechs hold a lead and then get one or two empty netters.

Reactions: Czechboy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Posters from other countries NEVER have anything good to say about us - hell, most Canadian posters NEVER have anything good to say about Team Canada.

You'd think Canada was the least talented team in the tournament.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Both teams deserve to be in this final. The USA didn't outplay Canada and Czechia deserved to win their first meeting.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Both teams deserve to be in this final. The USA didn't outplay Canada and Czechia deserved to win their first meeting.
The US was the better team yesterday. Not suggesting by any means that they were robbed or that Canada doesn't deserve to be playing for gold. That's hockey.

Aug 3, 2010
The only good team they dummied was Sweden (and destroyed a couple of minnows). They lost to the Czechs, barely beat Slovakia and were outplayed by the US. For a team that was touted as "the best team ever" coming into the tourney, they haven't lived up to those expectations.

I don't think the Czechs will blow them out (but the did beat them by 3 last game so suggesting 4 isn't a huge stretch). I can see a very close game where the Czechs hold a lead and then get one or two empty netters.
Got a link for the bolded? Haven't seen that anywhere at all from any media outlet.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Got a link for the bolded? Haven't seen that anywhere at all from any media outlet.

TSN was touting them as possibly being as good as the 2005 team before the beating by Czechia. They toned that down heavily following that game.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Posters from other countries NEVER have anything good to say about us - hell, most Canadian posters NEVER have anything good to say about Team Canada.

You'd think Canada was the least talented team in the tournament.
By far the most talented players.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I saw Luke Hughes ragging the puck inside the Canadian blue line in the 3rd period. I'm saying to myself let him skate around in circles he's killing the clock lol.

Looking good isn't always the way to win a hockey game.

Aug 3, 2010
I don't think so. As a Czech-American I root for Canada whenever they're playing anyone else. Love their game.

Really? I heard that numerous times on NHL network.
Strange. All I ever saw was mostly bits from the beginning questioning the Canadian strength (or lack thereof) in goal. The forward group was highly touted but never saw mention of the team as a whole as being flawless in any way.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm still recovering from last night's game, with this one on after midnight, it better at least be worth drinking through the hangover :)

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Czechia for gold! :win:

Czechia's team reminds me of team Finland in 2014, Kulich = Teräväinen, Jiricek = Ristolainen, Svozil = Pokka, Spacek = Lindell, Suchanek = Saros. Just like Finland, after a long drought everything has clicked in Czechia's team. Czechia has nothing to lose and Canada has all the pressure, they not allowed to lose in their home turf.

In 2014 Finland was in the same place against Sweden, their house and their loud fans. And coach Kivi said before the game "Sweden has already planned their victory party and our job is to ruin it", and Finland silenced the whole Sweden. Some players needed therapy to get over the loss.

Czechia is going to silence the whole Canada tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saablic

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Based on what, puck possession, shots on goal?

Canada didn't really generate a lot of good chances compared to the US, their defence had been letting other teams skate through them all tournament. The game came down to goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad