GDT: Canada vs Česko

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I'd really like to see the Czechs win this game but I just can't see them beating Canada twice in one tournament. If they do that will be next level legendary, an all time WJ moment for sure.

Reactions: Czechboy

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Maybe a between the legger too!
Nahh, I was just kidding. After loosing to CZE, the storyline was that Canada can't michigan its way to a gold medal. Would just be funny if that happened lol. Hoping for a nail-biting OT game

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nahh, I was just kidding. After loosing to CZE, the storyline was that Canada can't michigan its way to a gold medal. Would just be funny if that happened lol. Hoping for a nail-biting OT game

I haven't tuned in to the games, has there even been an attempt at one since that first game? Or have they smartened up? :laugh:

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I haven't tuned in to the games, has there even been an attempt at one since that first game? Or have they smartened up? :laugh:
No, but would be funny if they scored one that ended up being the game winning goal :laugh:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
If Czechs can avoid the penalty box and Canadas lethal PP? I believe they will win and give us the biggest upset in a while.
But that's a big if. Give Bedard 3 chances and he will probably score 2 or more.

Would love to see Sapovaliv, Sale or Spacek get the winning goal.
But... Question is, some players in the Czech team looked bit gassed yesterday, especially Svozil. He wasn't good yesterday.
Svozil, Jiricek and Spacek need to be better than all canadian defenders.
Suchanek needs to maintain his form. Sale needs better shot accuracy, reminds me of Kemell in the way that they shoot a lot, but sometimes they are just to unfocused on hitting the net.
Can Kulich be as important as Bedard for his team in the final game?
Can Sapovaliv keep on delivering under the radar?

Can Milic be just as good as he was in the semifinals? Because i wasn't convinced after the first period, especially when the defenders didn't manage to help him.
Will Roy have the same energy tonight? He was a bulldozer last game with skill to his game. He has a winning type of game imho, a lot more than a flashy and skilled Cooley.
But let's seec beause now he's only getting 24 hours of rest after that impressive and energetic performance.

I hope they've all rested well and ate a lot and that we get a exciting final!
And that the ice won't suck too much.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Should be a good game. I think it will likely be Canada, especially with Milic in net, but the Czechs have been so resilient this tournament. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take Gold.

Win-win for me as a Canadian. Either Canada wins, but if Czechia wins I won’t be too upset. The country deserves it.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I think Canada will probably have their best game of the tournament tonight. They will want to get Czechia back fro the early loss

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What CZE has done has been amazing, but a lot of factors are working against them;

- CAN will be taking them very seriously after being beat by CZE earlier

- home crowd will be REALLY loud and supportive of CAN

- this is more my opinion, but CAN's big, heavy, fast, forecheckers are the antidote to CZE's strength on the back end. It's tough for any Dman to compete if his nose is pasted to the glass.

- Bedard

- Milic

Again, just my opinion, but CZE has a chance if;

- Milic and Bedard have off games

- CAN gets carried away with their physical play, and the refs call them on it.

- Jiricek beasts, and he, Svozil and Spacek can shrug off the forecheck.

- some forward(or three) step up. Kulich, Sale, ?

- The Czech's go nutz with their forecheck. I think the CAN D are vulnerable down low below their goal line. The big defenders are looking kind of clumsy, and the "skilled' dmen careless. Creating turnovers in the O zone will lead to goals.

Last edited:

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Backwards way of thinking but I think it’s better Canada is playing the Czechs a team they lost to, rather than Sweden a team they beat. They know they have to bring their game to another level to get a different result.

Reactions: jj cale

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Great storyline: Either the opening-game loss to Czechia ends up being a good thing for Canada, a tough lesson that they have to play a complete, team game and/or the payback motivation, or the opposite motivation for Czechia who now believe (rightly so) that they can beat Canada.

My completely useless prediction (I was just ousted in the NHL triple elimination tournament in four games): Czechia hangs in there for awhile but Canada takes over in the third. 4-2 Canada.

Reactions: novisor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad