Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well... Everyone having fun?

Gold medal game tomorrow.

Canada vs the Czechs.

Most predicted Canada would be here. No sane person picked the Czechs before the tournament.

All the Czechs have do to win gold is beat Canada twice in Canada? Serious question... Has that ever happened? Edit:. US in 2017.

Canada is an overwhelming favorite. Their story is first back to back in a decade or so.

Czech story is we have silver and broke out medal draught! Killed 4 monkeys too. Last gold was 2001 so about 22 years without one.

Good luck Canada... Go Czechs go!

Last edited:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I’m very disappointed in myself that I called CZE silver medal before the tourney and didn’t commit it to text anywhere.

They’ve been the best team this tourney and even though it’s against Canada, in Canada, it won’t surprise me to see the Czechs walk out with gold medals tomorrow.

Hoping for a Canadian win, Milic will likely beed to be huge again, and the secondary scoring will need to step up like they did today.

Still, despite the Czechs being really good, I think Canada takes this one. I’m just hoping for a close, fun game either way. Been a great tournament, let’s cap it off with an all time great final.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Looking a clean, hard fought game, where none of the teams have to resort to try and score by cheating, like in the semifinal.

Last edited:

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
It's Czechs if Canada is gonna play like they did against Slovakia and the US, however, you know Canada has another gear, hopefully it's a good one with top notch performance from both teams

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Well... Everyone having fun?

Gold medal game tomorrow.

Canada vs the Czechs.

Most predicted Canada would be here. No sane person picked the Czechs before the tournament.

All the Czechs have to to win gold is beat Canada twice in Canada? Serious question... Has that ever happened?

Canada is an overwhelming favorite. Their story is first back to back in a decade or so.

Czech story is we have silver and broke out medal draught! Killed 4 monkeys too. Last gold was 2001 so about 22 years without one.

Good luck Canada... Go Czechs go!
USA did it in 2017

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
kevin-hasbu.gif

end of the road CZE

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
We’re due for an upset. I think the Czechs cap off their fairy tale run with Gold.
Honestly if we’re going to lose I’m really glad it’s the Czechs.

I love a good fairy tale run and for a decent chunk of their team it will be the hockey highlight of their life time, as some likely don’t make much of a career out of hockey

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I actually think the Canadians will come out less anxious as they did against the US, and I expect them to be flying early, get a couple goal lead, and then try to hold on.

4-2 Canada

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
10/10 on the backhanded compliment here! You nailed it!
I think you took that the wrong way.

I genuinely am serious I really wouldn’t be that upset to see them win. They’ve worked their ass off and showed a lot of people wrong

It’s not a factually incorrect statement to say a decent chunk of them will not make a career out of hockey, so having that memory for the rest of their lives would be amazing.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think you took that the wrong way.

I genuinely am serious I really wouldn’t be that upset to see them win. They’ve worked their ass off and showed a lot of people wrong

It’s not a factually incorrect statement to say a decent chunk of them will not make a career out of hockey, so having that memory for the rest of their lives would be amazing.
I legit thought you nailed it. Most Czech teams it's true. This one should produce a lot of extraliga guys at a minimum.

My guess ... In 5 years
5 in NHL
5 in extraliga
5 in higher leagues in Europe

Half the team is drafted.. undrafted guys include Suchanek, Sale, Szturc and Marcel.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Canada has Roy and Beck, so go Canada.

However, you can't deny what a story it would be for the Czechs to win. Not the best game against the Swedes, but they've played very well this tournament.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Beating Canada twice in the same tournament is pretty rare, not saying it hasn't been done before but its rather unusual. Canada at home, with a historic player in Bedard breaking all the records, a chance to go b2b at this tournament for the first time since 2008 and 2009, and a chance at redemption against the team that beat them in the first game..all lining up for a great story for Canada.

Of course it's also a great story if the Czechs could pull it off.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I really enjoyed watching Czechs play. Awesome group of players.

I'll go with an 6-5 OT win for Canada.

One of those classic thriller games we will be referencing for years and years.
Czech hockey culture is something I like and have liked for decades. They stress skill but don't shirk physical contact. But yes, some superlative players had long careers. Jaromir Jagr and Martin Straka made me very happy as a long time Rangers fan, but Slegr, Svboda, Lang (top of my head) and I'm no doubt missing so many others.
Nothing to do with the game at hand, I realize. Just a comment on how good their hockey development can be. Their young players are getting better and better again.

This tournament I was already thinking how much of a threat they are, even before it began. It's going to be one of those games where I will be on pins and needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad