GDT: Canada vs Česko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
As a Canadian there's been a huge stain on this tournament with the hockey canada cover ups and sexual assault allegations. I've had a very hard time supporting it. I'll be happy to see this years tournament come to an end. Hockey Canada should not have been rewarded with sold out arenas and now potentially a gold medal. It's disgusting. I feel for the players on this years team, they had nothing to do with the incidents in the past. But any proceeds from this tournament by hockey Canada should be donated to charity that supports sexual assault victims.

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
Pulling for my canadian boys but will always have a soft spot for the Czechs. Won't be terrible butthurt if the Czechs pull it out. Team has some balls

Reactions: Czechboy

Sideline

May 23, 2004
He reminds me of a potentially solid 2C down the road like a RNH (for most of his career) or in Ottawa, a Radek Bonk (who put up points with great players but never seemed to stand out himself).
Radek Bonk is a great comp. Really solid player that doesn't look bad next to high end talent. If Wright didn't have the prior hype train to live up to he'd be getting much more favorable comments from fans and media.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I have been very positive about my team, predicting the quarterfinal and semifinal victories. But I think beating Canada twice at the same tournament when they are playing at home is probably a step too far. They are definitely huge favourites to win. But I have been very impressed with how the Czechs have played, and I think they have an upset in them. The Slovaks certainly showed that the Canadians are not unbeatable say, but more likely than not they will win.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Looking a clean, hard fought game, where none of the teams have to resort to try and score by cheating, like in the semifinal.
The team who was cheating to score goals in the semi-final is playing in the bronze medal game.

We should be okay in this one.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
As a Canadian there's been a huge stain on this tournament with the hockey canada cover ups and sexual assault allegations. I've had a very hard time supporting it. I'll be happy to see this years tournament come to an end. Hockey Canada should not have been rewarded with sold out arenas and now potentially a gold medal. It's disgusting. I feel for the players on this years team, they had nothing to do with the incidents in the past. But any proceeds from this tournament by hockey Canada should be donated to charity that supports sexual assault victims.
PFO

I’m getting drouin vibes from S.Wright….
With far less skill

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Just getting to post now. Was at both games today.

I was disgusted with the Czechs today. They inexplicably played a shallow 3/2 at the redline and deserved to lose. I am a coach and loathe attacking coaches but if they play a straight up game against the Swedes they win 5-1. How they couldn't see that forechecking and pressure was the way forward was beyond me. Atrocious game until Jiricek tied it up and then we got 3 on 3 OT which the Swedes dominated until Kulich saw Wagner playing D and he did the smart thing.

Much respect for winning at least a silver but if they play the 3/2 crap again Thursday I hope they lose 7-1.

The Canada USA game was 60 minutes of chaos and entertainment and more than made up for the crap played early in the afternoon. USA looked like they would run Canada out of the rink until Beck bumped some bodies and Del Mastro made a play to Bedard. Canada got a foothold and Mr. Milic was the difference maker. Props to Fantilli as well.

Let's do what the 2003 group couldn't. Get Halifax a gold medal. What a crowd... so positive and so knowledgeable.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Czechs will win this one, i can already see it. Upset in Canada, Slavic warriors came and swept the floors with Canadians.

Also people need to stop talking about previous games. Muhh muhh Czech was this or Canada was that. It doesn't matter, it's the final. Oh i've seen it many times, it's never an easy win. Canadian players and coaches are smart but unfortunately fans often aren't, they fail to see the big picture and that's why they are caught off guard if Canada loses even though their players have the coolest skates, tape jobs and the highest amount of 1st round draft picks.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just getting to post now. Was at both games today.

I was disgusted with the Czechs today. They inexplicably played a shallow 3/2 at the redline and deserved to lose. I am a coach and loathe attacking coaches but if they play a straight up game against the Swedes they win 5-1. How they couldn't see that forechecking and pressure was the way forward was beyond me. Atrocious game until Jiricek tied it up and then we got 3 on 3 OT which the Swedes dominated until Kulich saw Wagner playing D and he did the smart thing.

Much respect for winning at least a silver but if they play the 3/2 crap again Thursday I hope they lose 7-1.

The Canada USA game was 60 minutes of chaos and entertainment and more than made up for the crap played early in the afternoon. USA looked like they would run Canada out of the rink until Beck bumped some bodies and Del Mastro made a play to Bedard. Canada got a foothold and Mr. Milic was the difference maker. Props to Fantilli as well.

Let's do what the 2003 group couldn't. Get Halifax a gold medal. What a crowd... so positive and so knowledgeable.
Great post.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Being Canadian I want Team Canada to win. Bedard, Roy, Stanky & Milic have been great.

BUT Czechia has been a great complete team in this tournament. If they win the Gold that will be an amazing story (it already is you know what I mean). Will not be upset, Silver is NOT bad.

I also want to mention Slovakia here, if they had Slafkovsky they probably would have medalled. Played great as well.

May the better team win. If Czechia wins please Czechs send me some of your delicious beer to drink my sadness away.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Being Canadian I want Team Canada to win. Bedard, Roy, Stanky & Milic have been great.

BUT Czechia has been a great complete team in this tournament. If they win the Gold that will be an amazing story (it already is you know what I mean). Will not be upset, Silver is NOT bad.

I also want to mention Slovakia here, if they had Slafkovsky they probably would have medalled. Played great as well.

May the better team win. If Czechia wins please Czechs send me some of your delicious beer to drink my sadness away.
It's hard to hate Czechia.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Expect Czechia to back check the <bleep> out of Canada. We have not handle it very well so let's hope the coaches make the necessary changes.

Reactions: Czechboy

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I really hope for Czech victory, such a great hard battling team, but I have to say that Canada is a big favourite on their home ice and with a possible generational talent leading them. Hopefully it will be a high quality match, exciting till the end.

Reactions: Goodman68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad