C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Very encouraged by this call-up so far as a Wright keeper league owner. 4 shots on the net in the 1st tonight.

It will be very interesting to see if they have him play 10 games (so 4 more) and burn the 1st year of the ELC if he keeps playing well. Business wise, it's hard to support such a decision when you are this late in the season. But the optics of sending him down after 9 games played in that scenario would be bad.
next contract should be much cheaper if they burn his 1st year this year rather than next.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Wright's development, or I guess moreso the stuff surrounding it, is really odd. Good luck to him though. I saw most of his game last night and he looked better than I remembered. If he's willing to keep his motor up he'll be fine.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Wright's development, or I guess moreso the stuff surrounding it, is really odd. Good luck to him though. I saw most of his game last night and he looked better than I remembered. If he's willing to keep his motor up he'll be fine.
Scoring I'd definitely going to help his confidence, but he did also get beat bad on the Carlsson goal.

stenlis

Feb 23, 2010
When his parents announced they had to take him off social media because reading people's opinions about him was upsetting him I was sure he would be a big bust 1st overall.

Being developed away from spotlights did wonders for him and so does playing a dozen games in the NHL with no pressure. I hope he can keep it up.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
When his parents announced they had to take him off social media because reading people's opinions about him was upsetting him I was sure he would be a big bust 1st overall.

Being developed away from spotlights did wonders for him and so does playing a dozen games in the NHL with no pressure. I hope he can keep it up.
Montreal fans would have ruined him for sure. He’ll fly under the radar in Seattle and have a solid career.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Scoring I'd definitely going to help his confidence, but he did also get beat bad on the Carlsson goal.

I hope Hakstol doesn't dwell on that, it is much more important that Wright keep his newfound confidence. Just tell him to focus on scoring and work on the defense later.

I take it for granted that almost all players are reading what people say about them and most of them are getting upset about it from time to time, especially those under 25.

We don't ruin anyone. Mentally fragile players usually won't fare well here, but that's the reality of playing in a big market.

Reinbacher received death threats. You don't have to be a mentally fragile individual to be badly effected by that.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
We don't ruin anyone. Mentally fragile players usually won't fare well here, but that's the reality of playing in a big market.
Your fans literally sent death threats to Reinbacher and let’s not even get started with Drouin who’s suddenly looking like a top 6 player away from Montreal.

Like Toronto, there are some real loonies who cheer for them.

Reactions: Blueston

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Your fans literally sent death threats to Reinbacher
Everyone is at risk of receiving death threats on the internet these days. I presume that this is due to a total lack of consequences combined with perceived anonymity and ease of access to public figures (it happened in the past too, but not nearly as often). All it takes is for someone to feel mildly annoyed by something (not even necessarily something you did) and there is a very real chance that they will send you a death threat.

We live in death threat culture. It's everywhere. It's in sports, it's in video games, it's in cinema, it's in live streaming, it's in politics, etc. You're out to lunch if you believe that those Montreal fans are alone in this. Some of your favourite team's fans, maybe even you, have almost certainly done it as well.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Everyone is at risk of receiving death threats on the internet these days. I presume that this is due to a total lack of consequences combined with perceived anonymity and ease of access to public figures (it happened in the past too, but not nearly as often). All it takes is for someone to feel mildly annoyed by something (not even necessarily something you did) and there is a very real chance that they will send you a death threat.

We live in death threat culture. It's everywhere. It's in sports, it's in video games, it's in cinema, it's in live streaming, it's in politics, etc. You're out to lunch if you believe that those Montreal fans are alone in this. Some of your favourite team's fans, maybe even you, have almost certainly done it as well.
Weird take. Death threats are very far from normal, let's keep it that way.

I hope Hakstol doesn't dwell on that, it is much more important that Wright keep his newfound confidence. Just tell him to focus on scoring and work on the defense later.
D'accord. :)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

As far as I know the only fanbase I’ve seen seems death threats to a player just because their team drafted them is Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal fans would have ruined him for sure. He’ll fly under the radar in Seattle and have a solid career.
I think he would have done well in Montreal. He doesn't seem weak minded in any way. I think Seattle has developed him properly by having in the AHL working on his game.

At the draft, Habs were looking for a more dynamic player.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008

No but I would guess that you have by how non-chalant you are about killing someone because of the team that called their name at a podium.

If you’re siding with people sending death threats, you really need to see someone about that.

Edit: Let’s not forget Sergachev in 2016.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad