C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Is this a Shane Wright thread or bashing Montreal fan base thread?

Another goal for Wright!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Is this a Shane Wright thread or bashing Montreal fan base thread?

Another goal for Wright!
I don't get why people would bash montreal regarding Wright. Three teams passed him over in the draft. And all 3 x teams had good reason for doing so.

Reactions: jfhabs

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
IMG_5951.jpeg

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
People have to get over the Montreal thing. Who cares!?

Minus the fact that he turned his back on Team Canada at Christmas, and that's something I need to get over, I am very happy for him - God knows, I'd lost hope. A lot of us did. He's proving us wrong.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Their kid got a hat trick, tonight. Sounds like everyone won. Time to just concentrate on the players.
Hat trick in the same night Slaf gets one. I’m sure that was in the back of his mind. It’s going to be interesting to see what Wright can do next year.

For the record, I wanted Montreal to take Wright. Also for the record- it doesn’t mean much because I don’t watch much of prospect games and was going if history and analysts reports. Slaf has done nothing but impress this year. As for Wright, I see no reason why he can’t kill it. Gonna be interesting to follow this.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Hat trick in the same night Slaf gets one. I’m sure that was in the back of his mind. It’s going to be interesting to see what Wright can do next year.

For the record, I wanted Montreal to take Wright. Also for the record- it doesn’t mean much because I don’t watch much of prospect games and was going if history and analysts reports. Slaf has done nothing but impress this year. As for Wright, I see no reason why he can’t kill it. Gonna be interesting to follow this.
I meant Slaf's hat trick. Wright only has one tonight.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
As far as I know the only fanbase I’ve seen seems death threats to a player just because their team drafted them is Montreal
Where is your source on this? There is only one reliable report confirming that there was backlash written by Arpon Basu, but it does not mention death threats. Any backlash towards a kid for simply being drafted is disgusting, of course, but pushing a narrative of death threats without backing it up is pretty reprehensible, too.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Where is your source on this? There is only one reliable report confirming that there was backlash written by Arpon Basu, but it does not mention death threats. Any backlash towards a kid for simply being drafted is disgusting, of course, but pushing a narrative of death threats without backing it up is pretty reprehensible, too.
There were numerous reports of people sending Sergachev death threats in 2016.
It literally takes 2 seconds to look up.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
There were numerous reports of people sending Sergachev death threats in 2016.
It literally takes 2 seconds to look up.
OK, please spend those two seconds showing me where people made death threats to David Reinbacher then.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It’s not that Habs fans are pissy about Wright, it’s that they’re obsessed with telling everyone how happy they are that the Habs didn’t pick him.
Habs fans are happy that they selected Slafkovsky. Nothing wrong with that. If take issue to that, that's on you.

As for Wright, i was always convinced he would eventually turn into at worst a 2C/3C. He has a high floor and can become a 2C/1C IMO. Glad to see him developing and changing peoples minds. Like the Slaf detractors, people will be eating crow about Wright.

I think all Habs fans share this opinion.

Reactions: Goldthorpe

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Please take all this hab bullshit somewhere...anywhere else, this thread is for Shane Wright and his future with an NHL team that (gasp) is not in MTL.

Reactions: Fuhrious

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Literally the first thing that comes up:

I feel bad for you that you blindly believe random sources with a history of fake news. As I said originally, in the post you responded to, not a single reliable source has confirmed "death threats".

Only fake news hockey rags like this one.

Despicable that some will leverage that to try winning internet arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: Foppberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad