WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Now just few more firepower pieces, but this is already gold medal contender

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
2017-2019 teams had more firepower up front. But we might get there after the first round exits are done.

Lets hope so!

Kempe and Nyquist would give us two excellent lines

Still no word on Leo….

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yes, the only issue might be how they distribute ice time. Dahlin, Karlsson and Hedman are all used to be THE guy ans play a lot of minutes. But hopefully they can sort it out
Hallam is not Grönborg. So I assume he will be smarter with his utilization of the quality.

2017-2019 teams had more firepower up front. But we might get there after the first round exits are done.
Still need that top 6 center.. Lindberg is far from ideal. I could see him doing well in a secondary scoring role though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Burakovsky - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Zetterlund - Lundeström - Holtz
M.Johansson - Lindberg - Olofsson
Sörensen - L.Johansson - Friberg

Hedman - EK65
Brodin - Dahlin
M.Pettersson - Salomonsson

Gustavsson
Ersson
Wallstedt

C'mon now, Leo, the stage is set for you!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Not easy to be Sam Hallam right now:

Marcus Johansson - Joel Eriksson Ek - Lucas Raymond
André Burakovsky - Leo Carlsson - Alexander Holtz
Marcus Sörensen - Oscar Lindberg - Dennis Everberg
Isac Lundeström - Linus Johansson - Fabian Zetterlund
Victor Olofsson - Pär Lindholm - Max Friberg
Joakim Nygård - Adrian Kempe - Gustav Nyquist
Pierre Engvall - William Nylander - Jonatan Berggren
Samuel Fagemo - William Karlsson - Viktor Arvidsson
Axel Jonsson-Fjällby - David Gustafsson - Simon Holmström
Calle Järnkrok - Pontus Holmberg - Emil Bemström

Victor Hedman - Jonathan Pudas
Henrik Tömmernes - Rasmus Dahlin
Marcus Pettersson - Erik Karlsson
Jonas Brodin - Timothy Liljegren
Patrik Nemeth - Lukas Bengtsson
Oscar Fantenberg - Tim Heed

Gus/Ersson/Wally

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
M.Johansson - Lindberg - Olofsson
Sörensen - L.Johansson - Friberg

Hedman - EK65
Brodin - Dahlin
M.Pettersson - Salomonsson

Gustavsson
Ersson
Wallstedt

C'mon now, Leo, the stage is set for you!
Is it not better to pair Ek with Pettersson who played together in Pens? Then Hedman with Salomonsson? That would give offensive freedom for Ek and Hedman with strong stay at home ds as Pettersson and Salomonsson paired with them.

Add Nylander and this team is cooking.
Need some center

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
You and me both. He is possibly the only option in Europe that is good enough both ways to handle NHL quality opponents without falling apart. Save for Tömmernes maybe.
Me too. And he is physical. So no need for Nemeth, Fanta etc. Salomonsson can bring that.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Kings is out. Call in all of them. Arvidsson, Kempe, Englund, Grundström.

Kempe - M.Johansson - Arvidsson
Grundström - L.Johansson - Friberg
Olofsson, Nygård

M.Pettersson - EK65
Brodin - Dahlin
Hedman - Englund
Salomonsson - Heed

Gustavsson
Ersson
Wallstedt

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Kempe is keen on going.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Is it not better to pair Ek with Pettersson who played together in Pens? Then Hedman with Salomonsson? That would give offensive freedom for Ek and Hedman with strong stay at home ds as Pettersson and Salomonsson paired with them.

Need some center
Forget that. Give me EK - Hedman pairing.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
To ensure a lot of minutes for EK, Hedman, Dahlin and Brodin they should all be slotted on the top two pairings. Maybe roll 3 pairings evenly the first few games. But, our top guys need a lot of playing time to be at their best and thats also where we have most of our firepower. To win they need to play a lot.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
To ensure a lot of minutes for EK, Hedman, Dahlin and Brodin they should all be slotted on the top two pairings. Maybe roll 3 pairings evenly the first few games. But, our top guys need a lot of playing time to be at their best and thats also where we have most of our firepower. To win they need to play a lot.

Pettersson has been excellent this season. I'm not sure how much better Brodin is than him right now, that it would be enough to split Pettersson and Karlsson up.

But no matter if Pettersson or Brodin ends up on the third pairing, they should get heavy PK duties.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Pettersson has been excellent this season. I'm not sure how much better Brodin is than him right now, that it would be enough to split Pettersson and Karlsson up.

But no matter if Pettersson or Brodin ends up on the third pairing, they should get heavy PK duties.
Granted, I base my opinion of Brodin mainly on reputation and past accomplishments. But,my viewings of Pettersson this season has not convinced me he's a lock with EK on a top pairing.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
If we get two of Kempe, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Nyquist our winger situation looks awesome.

Well awesome for everyone except Holtz. While I'd personally cut Olofsson, it seems like he has been promised a spot while Holtz is on a try-out

If we get all four wingers it look awesome, with Arvidsson+Kempe, Forsberg+Nyquist, Raymond+Burakovsky with Zetterlund on the 4th line. Olofsson would be on the bench in this case I hope. But to get all 4 is probably a bit too optimistic, but I think 2 of them is realistic

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
If we get two of Kempe, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Nyquist our winger situation looks awesome.

Well awesome for everyone except Holtz. While I'd personally cut Olofsson, it seems like he has been promised a spot while Holtz is on a try-out

If we get all four wingers it look awesome, with Arvidsson+Kempe, Forsberg+Nyquist, Raymond+Burakovsky with Zetterlund on the 4th line. Olofsson would be on the bench in this case I hope. But to get all 4 is probably a bit too optimistic, but I think 2 of them is realistic
With a skilled passer to set up Olofsson, he can still produce. But, his usefulness is limited. Only playing him on the PP is not an option either.. Hoping his play will be inspired, playing for another NHL contract etc.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
With a skilled passer to set up Olofsson, he can still produce. But, his usefulness is limited. Only playing him on the PP is not an option either.. Hoping his play will be inspired, playing for another NHL contract etc.
Yeah, as the roster is constructed right now, playing him with Burakovsky as the set up guy is probably the best.

But I have low expectations on Olofsson. Maybe Hallam can figure out how to utilize him, but my bet is healthy scratched come the knock-out round

Reactions: Slimmy and EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

A wild fan that came into this thread when JEE told VF he would play said Brodin had basically been playing the best hockey of his career for most of this season.

krutais23

May 1, 2023

Brodin prolly will be 1st pair LD and Dahlin 1st RD

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Just noticed they've adderad Jesper Frödén to the Czech Hockey Games roster. I guess he is filler since Burakovsky and Raymond miss the first game. Can't imagine Frödén winning a roster spot with the wingers we already have + potentially more

• Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad