C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic, Connor, Foley....

Trouba, Copp....

Appleton and Glover are off to good starts, too.

The Jets' US-based scouts are killing it.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Jets are killing it at the draft table! Roslovic 5 goals in 8 games and some real beauties as well. Rookie of the month!

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I thought the Jets made a fantastic pick with Roslovic. They have just been killing it at the draft table in recent years.

They're going to end up with a very good American duo from last draft.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
A bit of an update is needed, I guess. While not as highly heralded as a certain other freshie in the Jets' system, Jack pulled together a rather strong rookie campaign, going .74ppg on a rather low scoring Riverhawks team and becoming their leading point producer with 25 points in 34 games. He is also up for NCHC Rookie of the Year honours and was named to the All-Rookie team for this year. Pretty decent for a late 1st rounder.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He was PPG through 20 games if I remember well... which means he didn't do much in the last 1/3 of the season. Still a prospect with a pretty high ceiling IMO.

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
Excited to read that, realized in all the Connor hype I'd completely ignored Roslovic for a bit.

It seems a bit of a shame that I can't ever see him slotting in though. IDK. Jets are married to Lowry and Scheifele, obviously. Lowry will never 2C but neither will Roslovic likely. I can see him being developed into a key piece for a trade down the line but I can never see him making the impact he should on the Jets. Unless they really take their time and he grows to be that 2nd center around when Little is on his way out, but I don't know if he'll ever be that guy. Could he?

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
Freshman forward Jack Roslovic (Columbus, Ohio/USNTDP) from the Miami hockey team was placed on the National Collegiate Hockey Conference’s All-Rookie Team, the league office announced on Tuesday.

and also

Jack Roslovic (Columbus, Ohio/USNTDP (USHL)) is a finalist for NCHC Rookie of the Year.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Excited to read that, realized in all the Connor hype I'd completely ignored Roslovic for a bit.

It seems a bit of a shame that I can't ever see him slotting in though. IDK. Jets are married to Lowry and Scheifele, obviously. Lowry will never 2C but neither will Roslovic likely. I can see him being developed into a key piece for a trade down the line but I can never see him making the impact he should on the Jets. Unless they really take their time and he grows to be that 2nd center around when Little is on his way out, but I don't know if he'll ever be that guy. Could he?

I don't know if he's played center this year, but when I watched him last year he was a RW every time... So I wouldn't worry with the idea that you have already your centers.

Tigerscout

Feb 21, 2016
He could end up being a complementary piece on a 1sr or 2nd line (similar to Kunitz)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think this kid is going to be a good one. Connor definitely outshone him in his draft +1 year. But don't count Roslovic out. He may turn out to be another terrific pick by the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad