C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I'm not going to reply to everyone individually.

My post was taken way out of context, and now people are taking it too far.

I said should... I didn't saying and I didn't knock either side.

Surefire 1st rounders get "perks" to say the least...

CHL has a pro style schedule and helps with the transition to the pro's.

It's all about the travel.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The most interesting part of this rumor is that Eichel only signed a 1yr deal with the NDTP, don' think i've heard this happening before with the NDTP

guess will know more about this in the summer.

I have a terrible memory, but maybe Rabid or Bonney or Cagney can comment on that, but I remember a few players signing 1 year deals as it was agreed upon by both sides. I cant remember the specifics but I know it has happened prior..you just do not hear much about it as the USNDP wants 2 year commitments from these kids which you can understand.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm not going to reply to everyone individually.

My post was taken way out of context, and now people are taking it too far.

I said should... I didn't saying and I didn't knock either side.

Surefire 1st rounders get "perks" to say the least...

CHL has a pro style schedule and helps with the transition to the pro's.

It's all about the travel.

now isn't that easier to say?

if you would have put that originally I would have agreed with much of it.

the CHL has its pluses zero doubt about it...scheduling being one of them..

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
I have a terrible memory, but maybe Rabid or Bonney or Cagney can comment on that, but I remember a few players signing 1 year deals as it was agreed upon by both sides. I cant remember the specifics but I know it has happened prior..you just do not hear much about it as the USNDP wants 2 year commitments from these kids which you can understand.

All NTDP contracts are now one year contracts.

NEhockeycoach

Sep 9, 2012
Wouldn't it be great if you didn't lose your NCAA eligibility for playing major-junior? Just couldn't receive any money from those teams.

I think it would help EVERYONE develop much better!

Maybe one day......

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
Wouldn't it be great if you didn't lose your NCAA eligibility for playing major-junior? Just couldn't receive any money from those teams.

I think it would help EVERYONE develop much better!

Maybe one day......

The issue, according to the NCAA, is that you are playing against players that have signed professional contracts. I don't see that changing.

NEhockeycoach

Sep 9, 2012
I understand....and I don't want this topic to take over the thread, I just felt it needed to be stated. haha

The NCAA is such a money making organization it makes me sick. Hockey is the least of my issues with them.

I just hope that Jack, and other top New England kids have a great future in this game. Little tidbit of info for you Moncton fans out there. Jack played on the same Team Mass 96' team with Connor Garland.

checkmate3

May 5, 2012
All NTDP contracts are now one year contracts.
Not true at all. Sorry to step in, but that's not true at all. They are indeed 2 year contracts with much influence on signing on for an additional 2! This is a fact!

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The NCAA is such a money making organization it makes me sick. Hockey is the least of my issues with them.

And the CHL isn't? At least the NCAA gives players a legitimate option for a high end education if hockey doesn't work out.

uggstown

Nov 16, 2011
Not true at all. Sorry to step in, but that's not true at all. They are indeed 2 year contracts with much influence on signing on for an additional 2! This is a fact!

Signing on for an additional 2?
Not sure that is even possible as it is a 2 year program.
Where would the players be for the additional 2?

checkmate3

May 5, 2012
Signing on for an additional 2?
Not sure that is even possible as it is a 2 year program.
Where would the players be for the additional 2?
Unfortunately to the guy above, your "in at the NTDP" who is a USHL head scout, is misinformed. And he would say that to attract players to his team that may have already expressed interest in the NTDP program. 1 yr vs 2 yrs would be quite appealing to most, but its incorrect period! And yes uggs, you sign for 2yrs which is the U17 program and the intent is to sign for an additional 2 for the U18 program! The 2 teams play within the USHL. The program ends with U18s. There is a Mens U20 Team which is not part of the NTDP and allows selected players to participate in the Ivan Hlinka Tournament which includes Americans that are signed to an OHL Team. Peter Ward, who runs the NTDP, is a very close friend of mine so these are the facts!

Last edited:

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
The issue, according to the NCAA, is that you are playing against players that have signed professional contracts. I don't see that changing.

Meanwhile, college guys can pay their way to go to NHL camps to train with and play against guys signed to professional contracts, many of whom have years of NHL experience, and be coached by an NHL coaching staff, all without retribution. Hmm...

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
What are the chances he grows another 5" or 6" so we can call him "The Eichel Tower"? :sarcasm:

Speaking of that, just how big is this guy? I've heard conflicting reports.. I've heard he's big, I heard he's small lol... I could check eliteprospects but I don't know how accurate it is.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Meanwhile, college guys can pay their way to go to NHL camps to train with and play against guys signed to professional contracts, many of whom have years of NHL experience, and be coached by an NHL coaching staff, all without retribution. Hmm...

the bigger farce is when college kids get to go play in the WC against paid professionals!! I have no idea how playing in the WC against professioanl athletes is okay, but once you play a single game in the CHL you lose eligibility. You cant have it both ways, and though I like the fact the NCAA knuckleheads let these kids play for their countries in international tournaments, they simply are wrong on the CHL issue.

arsmaster*

And the CHL isn't? At least the NCAA gives players a legitimate option for a high end education if hockey doesn't work out.

Lots of good Canadian Universities out there, and lets not pretend most of these hockey playing kids on scholarships are there to take blow off courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad