C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

americanscout09

Oct 11, 2012
Many believe McDavid is a clear first overall pick for the 2015 draft but many believe Eichel may very well be the number 1 overall pick in 2015. Had a very strong u17 world challenge for the fours games the Jack played.

is Eichel a top 2 or 1 pick in 2015?

Let me know what you guys think.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I can't see him chanllenging for 1st, but 2nd for sure. It's a shame he didn't report to Halifax this season. Would've been awesome to see him with the likes of Mackinnon, Drouin, Ciampini, Fournier, etc.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Idk where he ranks as I do not know alot about the 2015 draft class at this point. However, he has to be high because he was as good if not better than McDavid when the USA played Ontario. They were both dynamic players with the puck and made the defense look as if it was their first day on defense. I hope he goes the NCAA route so I can see him more and he looks to be a good one.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time to go before we can definitively say that he can or can't challenge for #1. He is an elite prospect and probably the most skilled American I can remember since Patrick Kane.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
It's a shame he didn't report to Halifax this season. Would've been awesome to see him with the likes of Mackinnon, Drouin, Ciampini, Fournier, etc.

First of all... Huh to the bold lol

And yes, it would've been awesome to see him here... Makes Ciampini expendable for trade and I'm sure Eichel would have a great impact even as a 16yo.

There's always..... 2014 :(

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
"The Jack", huh?

I don't see how anyone could have have above McDavid at this point and the only list for 2015 I've seen his him sixth (ISS).

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
First of all... Huh to the bold lol

And yes, it would've been awesome to see him here... Makes Ciampini expendable for trade and I'm sure Eichel would have a great impact even as a 16yo.

There's always..... 2014 :(

:laugh: I was really just naming names for the sake of naming names, no one specific.

arsmaster*

I have never heard of him before. Is he a 97 or a late 96? Who did he play for in the tourny? Thanks in advance.

USA.

Drafted by halifax mooseheads, and supposedly the Mooseheads are trying to get him to come this year.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I have never heard of him before. Is he a 97 or a late 96? Who did he play for in the tourny? Thanks in advance.

He's a late '96. He only played 2 1/2 games at the U17 tournament as he was injured against Quebec. He's got one of the better skill sets I've seen amongst US forwards in years. Very exciting potential.

The NTDP U17 team has a tournament in Finland against many top European teams coming up in February and I'd like to see him get healthy and participate in that. Afterwards it'd be nice to see him join the U18 team for the rest of the season and play in the U18 wjc's.

americanscout09

Oct 11, 2012
They're pay lists, so no go.
They have some rankings in their U17 preview though, which is free when you sign up for an account on their site.

Can you name the american forwards that are listed in the first round for 2014. I already saw the 2013 list.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
:laugh: I was really just naming names for the sake of naming names, no one specific.

No I know what you were doing haha.

Mooseheads made some moves this past month to make a strong team next season, really hoping he can become one of the first (not sure if it's ever happened) to leave the USNT in the middle of his stay there ..... One can dream lol

Heard he had a really good showing at the U17's as our GM traveled there to watch him. As good as McDavid? Maybe not, but still impressive.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
What are the chances this kid upholds his commitment to BU? Really likely?

i was coming to ask the same question.

one thing that comes to mind, assuming he does 2 yrs at ntdp, he'd be going to Halifax for '14-'15. Drouin/MacKinnon are both in the '13 draft. i'm assuming MacKinnon will go to the NHL right away and Drouin, at worst, would go starting fall '14. that means they'd both be gone when Eichel would be showing up in Halifax. Will the team still be desirable then (if neither mackinnon nor drouin are there).

...on another note - is eichel looking to be the best forward to come from ntdp since kane?

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
i was coming to ask the same question.

one thing that comes to mind, assuming he does 2 yrs at ntdp, he'd be going to Halifax for '14-'15. Drouin/MacKinnon are both in the '13 draft. i'm assuming MacKinnon will go to the NHL right away and Drouin, at worst, would go starting fall '14. that means they'd both be gone when Eichel would be showing up in Halifax. Will the team still be desirable then (if neither mackinnon nor drouin are there).

...on another note - is eichel looking to be the best forward to come from ntdp since kane?

Impossible to know what players will do. John Gibson was locked in to play for Michigan and then suddenly over night he was heading to Kitchner. I'm not saying I have any idea or suspicions why that may have happened. No idea, none. Not the faintest clue. Other guys resist the urge like Jake Trouba. Other guys who are given a damn good excuse to leave the NCAA, still don't, like Nick Kerdiles. It all comes down to what Eichel wants to do and I'm not even sure he knows what he wants.

I would say Eichel is the most skilled forward to come out of the program since Patrick Kane, yes. Of American forwards only Alex Galchenyuk can really make a claim and he didn't go through the program.

arsmaster*

Is the young Tretiak any good? Like his grandfather?

Not the game I watched, he was the single reason Pacific stayed in the game.

gave up 5 goals (mostly saveable) and got pulled in the 2nd....Russia still lost.

He didn't look great.....

....but Jack Eichel did, dynamic with the puck, very dangerous offensive player. Watched USA vs Ontario, and he stuck out like MacDavid did. Not saying he's as good as MacDavid, but he's damn good, and I wish I could see him more.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Thought i'd bump this thread so my american friends could comment on how he looks so far.

as impossible a question as this is...how do you think he projects re '15 draft?

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
And to think, he could be playing 4th line minutes right now for Halifax :sarcasm: .... I really hope he comes to play in Halifax someday ... I wish .

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He'll be at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships later this month with Team USA.

He's been playing up with the U-18 squad for the last 14 games and has 15 points in that span (8 goals, 7 assists).

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He'll be at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships later this month with Team USA.

He's been playing up with the U-18 squad for the last 14 games and has 15 points in that span (8 goals, 7 assists).

has he given any indication of how serious he is re ncaa (comp to QMJHL)...or are we still a year early for that question?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
has he given any indication of how serious he is re ncaa (comp to QMJHL)...or are we still a year early for that question?

We'll probably know more this summer when I'm sure Halifax will start a full court press again. Eichel was accelerating his schooling to enter BU as a 17 year old but if there are any issues with that the QMJHL obviously becomes a much better option. Also, if he wins gold at the U-18s this month, he may feel like he's ready for another challenge as well. Plus, if either of Drouin or MacKinnon return next year, that would be enticing as well.

I still think Eichel stays with the NTDP next year as well and it's too far to say what he'll do over a year in advance. Too many unknowns including Halifax possibly moving him if he will/wants to report to another team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino