C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I'm praying that he comes to BU and doesn't bolt to juniors. He would be the most highly touted player to play college since JVR, and with a new regime coming at BU, I think Quinn will do everything in his power to keep him here, even if he only stays for 2 years.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
If one of Nate/Dru got sent down (don't see it happening) the Moose would be favorite to win the Q next year as well with or without Eichel reporting..

I think the thought behind drafting him is that if he decides to come he can bring in that elite potential to follow the path of Drouin/MacKinnon...all the exposure those guys are getting this year can't hurt the desire for Eichel to report as early as next year...

With Eichel/Fucale alone next year they would be extremely strong again.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
If one of Nate/Dru got sent down (don't see it happening) the Moose would be favorite to win the Q next year as well with or without Eichel reporting..

I think the thought behind drafting him is that if he decides to come he can bring in that elite potential to follow the path of Drouin/MacKinnon...all the exposure those guys are getting this year can't hurt the desire for Eichel to report as early as next year...

With Eichel/Fucale alone next year they would be extremely strong again.

True. And their division will be even worse next season. They could easily win the division without MacK and Drouin.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
He's the kind of player that looks to potentially be ready from day one when he's drafted, like Seth Jones. Unless he was set on college for whatever reason this is probably the better way to get prepped for the NHL.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I find that surprising - he's a late birthday, no?...so has an extra year after before he's draft eligible - why not just play ntdp next year and then go to Halifax the year after?

you think he'd piss USA Hockey off big time doing this...although maybe he figures he's skilled enough it's not a big risk.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Wow...It's kind of weird to think that Drouin/Mackinnon and Eichel, likely won't play together. It seems like that would be part of the allure, but I guess he just wanted to go the major junior route regardless.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
@chrismpeters: Just heard from a direct source on the Jack Eichel rumors. No truth to him leaving the NTDP for Halifax next year. Unlikely to change.

Peters used to work for the NTDP and is highly connected there. Seems like a lot of false information out there and it's probably stemming from the rumored dissatisfaction of the '96 team with their coach Danton Cole.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Wow...It's kind of weird to think that Drouin/Mackinnon and Eichel, likely won't play together. It seems like that would be part of the allure, but I guess he just wanted to go the major junior route regardless.

One good thing for Eichel is that with Drouin and MacKinnon likely staying in the Pros, he can shift some more scouting spotlight directly on himself.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
One good thing for Eichel is that with Drouin and MacKinnon likely staying in the Pros, he can shift some more scouting spotlight directly on himself.

The scouting spotlights all his if he comes next year, maybe not the superstar spotlight however.

Heard there wasn't much truth behind this rumor, but I can't help but thinking how cool it would be for him to join us next year...

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com
I think he'll be there.

I don't see how the Moose will win the Q next year though. I didn't know they had that many returning players.

They need Eichel and Hayden to make a good run at it next year, and we'll have to see who the 2 Euro's they land are. If those 4 pieces come together with what they have in place, it's going to be another strong year. The defense and Fucale remains mostly intact.

Lewis-Murphy
Weegar-Hardie
Lovell - ???

Fucale

The offensive holes left by Nate, Jo, Frk, McCauley and Fournier will be the issue.

This is working under the assumtion their 20 year olds are ( Andrews - Ashley - Lewis )
I feel pretty comfortable assuming that, it leaves Duke, Beauchemin and Boudreau as the odd guys out. Some might argue for keeping Bouds, but I can't see it over the 3 I listed.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
When Eichel first committed, I was told by someone close to him that he was very committed to the college route. Obv things can change tho.

Source says Eichel hasn't decided anything yet. I guess we'll see what happens.

-Scott McLaughlin

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com
Looking at their 2012 draft, has to be John Hayden, another kid from the USNDTP. Big center with offensive talent. Should be a 2nd rounder in 2013 NHL draft.

Correct, correct and correct!

Just the type of guy Halifax is going to need to fill the roll that will be left by the departure of Fournier and McCauley.

To be clear, have heard nothing about his intent to join Halifax, just blind hope on my part right now.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Correct, correct and correct!

Just the type of guy Halifax is going to need to fill the roll that will be left by the departure of Fournier and McCauley.

To be clear, have heard nothing about his intent to join Halifax, just blind hope on my part right now.
You want some blind hope? hows...

Ryan - Nate - Jo
Ciampini - Hayden/Eichel - #6ovr Euro
Falkenham - Andrews/Hayden - Ashley
Lindsay - Lacroix
Alcalde

Lewis - Weegar
Murphy - #9ovr Euro
Hardie- Lovell

Fucale

Never really looked at the best case scenario for next year, but jesus.

Hayden, Eichel, Nate and Jo seem like longshots.. And frankly I don't know why we're talking about next year right now lol..

All we can do is hope Cam convinces Eichel to come play next year... Could be a pipedream, but I'd be pretty excited.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
You want some blind hope? hows...

Ryan - Nate - Jo
Ciampini - Hayden/Eichel - #6ovr Euro
Falkenham - Andrews/Hayden - Ashley
Lindsay - Lacroix
Alcalde

Lewis - Weegar
Murphy - #9ovr Euro
Hardie- Lovell

Fucale

Never really looked at the best case scenario for next year, but jesus.

Hayden, Eichel, Nate and Jo seem like longshots.. And frankly I don't know why we're talking about next year right now lol..

All we can do is hope Cam convinces Eichel to come play next year... Could be a pipedream, but I'd be pretty excited.

That team wouldn't lose a game.

I really think Eichel will be in Halifax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad