C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Would be interesting to see him in SHL. It's a much better league than NCAA.

I my opinion he'd be one of the top players on his team even if he played in the KHL, he's a heck of a lot better prospect than players like Dan Sexton or Steve Moses who are a point per game in that league and age seems to be no barrier to him just so much poise and maturity. Even Charlie Coyle who ripped up the Q ( albeit a year older than Eichel now ) didn't have near as much impact as Eichel is having, so safe to say Eichel would be tearing apart the Q.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He's very unique. A true power forward with an array of talents.
From the McDavid thread.

I don't really see Eichel as a power forward, I see him more as a big, skilled playmaker. Eichel doesn't have a mean streak but he'll use his size for puck protection, I have no idea where the "powerforward" label on Eichel came from, because he's big and a strong skater? McDavid is more physical than Eichel IMO, McDavid is the more feisty player, aggressive player.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
From the McDavid thread.

I don't really see Eichel as a power forward, I see him more as a big, skilled playmaker. Eichel doesn't have a mean streak but he'll use his size for puck protection, I have no idea where the "powerforward" label on Eichel came from, because he's big and a strong skater? McDavid is more physical than Eichel IMO, McDavid is the more feisty player, aggressive player.

I compared him to a better skating Spezza. Same patient approach, lets the game come to him and Spezza also has a cannon of a shot when he uses it.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
"On the latest round of strength testing, he front-squatted 320 pounds, cleaned 335 pounds, had a close-grip bench press of 250 pounds, a pull-up max of 25 reps, and body fat percentage of 6.3 percent."

My goodness. Can we get a topless pic of the lad? Must be built like a brick ****house!

Sangoku Galchenyuk

Sep 8, 2014
I don't know much about Eichel and I must admit I'm too lazy to browse the whole thread but I was wondering : where does Eichel get drafted in the last draft?

Before or after Mackinnon?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I don't know much about Eichel and I must admit I'm too lazy to browse the whole thread but I was wondering : where does Eichel get drafted in the last draft?

If we're talking last year's draft, he'd definitely be taken after Mackinnon. Before Ekblad.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

That is very tough..similar players.

It would be like...

1. McDavid
2A. MacKinnon
2B. Eichel

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How would you guys say Eichel compares to say a Tyler Seguin at the same age?

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Oh god, I'm tired, but seriously in term of prospect, where does he fit? Something like Mcdavid, Mackinnon, Eichel, Drouin, Barkov?

He isn't perhaps as good as a skater as McKinnon but IMO possesses better hands, vision and size so I'd say he would be taken over Mackinnon and certainly over Drouin/Barkov....I think Eichel would have went 1st the last four drafts...he's that good of a player. The only problem is that his draft year had to coincide with another player who happens to be the best prospect coming down the pipe this side of Crosby and I dare say he might be even better than Sid....yes Mcdavid is that good.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
He isn't perhaps as good as a skater as McKinnon but IMO possesses better hands, vision and size so I'd say he would be taken over Mackinnon and certainly over Drouin/Barkov....I think Eichel would have went 1st the last four drafts...he's that good of a player. The only problem is that his draft year had to coincide with another player who happens to be the best prospect coming down the pipe this side of Crosby and I dare say he might be even better than Sid....yes Mcdavid is that good.

He's a better skater than MacKinnon. And he's better at everything else than MacKinnon.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I have only seen him play at the World Juniors where I was impressed (but not blown away), but his stats so far in the NCAA are ridiculous for a freshman... well just for anyone.

Is this a case of beating up on lower teams so far, or is this kid actually just a once-in-every-few years talent like McDavid, Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I have only seen him play at the World Juniors where I was impressed (but not blown away), but his stats so far in the NCAA are ridiculous for a freshman... well just for anyone.

Is this a case of beating up on lower teams so far, or is this kid actually just a once-in-every-few years talent like McDavid, Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby?

He's a once in a decade prospect, which is hard for people to grasp because there are two of them. He would've went 1st every year outside of Crosby IMO.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
He's a better skater than MacKinnon. And he's better at everything else than MacKinnon.

Have to disagree, I give the skating edge to Mac, both in terms of top end speed and acceleration...I'd still take Stamkos (a better dynamic scorer) and Taveres (better hands, vision) over him but for sure he's over Hall, Hopkins, Yakupov and Mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad