C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluejaysfan*

Who does Eichel compare best to in the NHL? Just curious, I have heard different rangin comparisons so I'm not really sure.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Who does Eichel compare best to in the NHL? Just curious, I have heard different rangin comparisons so I'm not really sure.

from his skating and stick handling reminds me of Jonathan Toews, (who is also around 6'2).

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Yup. That's how good of a skater Eichel is. Most powerful, effortless stride since 66.

When I watch Eichel, I do see an excellent skater, but I'm not sure that I'm seeing "fastest skater in the NHL" potential like MacKinnon is. I'm not convinced that he's as fast as Marleau either. I actually like your Lemieux skating stride comparison, but I don't feel that Lemieux was as fast as MacKinnon or Marleau. Another guy who Eichel reminds me of in skating stride is Sundin, he was another guy who was deceptively fast with an effortless skating stride.

Again, whether it's McDavid or Eichel, let's just wait and see how things play out before we compare them to Crosby or one of the greatest players to ever play in the NHL (# 66).

To be fair, he was comparing skating stride to Lemieux, which was just about the only part of Lemieux's game that wasn't generational.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Anyone who watched MacKinnon enough knew he would be the #1 pick unquestionably, there were just not other players available who came close.

By the end of his draft season, MacKinnon was a consensus #1, but he wasn't a clear #1 throughout his entire draft season. Throughout 2012-2013, many scouts had Jones ahead of him at varying points, and some even had Drouin ahead of him. But my feeling is that most NHL teams had MacKinnon #1 by the time draft day came. I know for sure that Tallon has gone on record saying that MacKinnon was Florida's #1, and during a Philadelphia draft review video, you could also see that MacKinnon was #1 on the Flyers' board.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
It's UFC for me too. :help:

Go for link 4 and just wait, that's what I did :) Turn off ad block if you use that.

Edit: Hfboards didn't like that I put "ad" and "block" together :)

Last time I saw Eichel was during the World Juniors so it's awesome to finally see him again. So good.

Bps21*

Eichel scores with a tip in front. The last goal was scored with him screening in front too.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
I'm going to throw out a new player for an NHL comparison: Zetterberg.

Everything he does reminds me of Z: skating, stick handling, IQ, puck protection, etc. Maybe it's just me. I wonder if the comparison hasn't been made because Z is Swedish and not North American.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden

Everything he does reminds me of Z: skating, stick handling, IQ, puck protection, etc. Maybe it's just me. I wonder if the comparison hasn't been made because Z is Swedish and not North American.

That's actually a pretty good comparison IMO :) Haven't thought about it. I don't think they look like each other that much stylistically but I can see what you mean. I guess it has something to do with puck protection as you mentioned.

Edit: Just wanna say that I agree with AmericanDream, I've always thought that Getzlaf is the best comparison.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I don't see it at all. Eichel is bigger, faster, stronger, and a much better skater. Zetterberg is a much better 2 way player and plays more intense hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille