C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
No character, no discipline, bad habits off the ice, no leadership.

This kid is a troublemaker.

I can see him dropping after this.

:sarcasm:

Laughable how people think it's offensive a 18 year old is enjoying his youth.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
No character, no discipline, bad habits off the ice, no leadership.

This kid is a troublemaker.

I can see him dropping after this.

:sarcasm:

Laughable how people think it's offensive a 18 year old is enjoying his youth.

He must be taught a lesson by dropping way down in the draft. Wherever the Hawks pick is good for me. All in favor? Ok cool.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Big friggin' deal, 18 year olds gonna 18 year old. The only issue is that he's underaged in the US for alcohol while he'd be of legal drinking age in some provinces in Canada.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Big friggin' deal, 18 year olds gonna 18 year old. The only issue is that he's underaged in the US for alcohol while he'd be of legal drinking age in some provinces in Canada.

On a board like this of course people don't care, but underage drinking is a taboo for many people in the US even if it's a given. Something that while people might accept happens, is suppose to be out of sight out of mind. Not to mention it's actually illegal in the US, while in Canada it's not a criminal offense.

Nobody will remember this in three months, but Eichel should be more careful about getting caught on camera doing it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
On a board like this of course people don't care, but underage drinking is a taboo for many people in the US even if it's a given. Something that while people might accept happens, is suppose to be out of sight out of mind. Not to mention it's actually illegal in the US, while in Canada it's not a criminal offense.

Nobody will remember this in three months, but Eichel should be more careful about getting caught on camera doing it.

Underaged drinking in the US is extremely common, underaged drinking in college I'm sure is even more common. It is illegal and whoever supplied him with booze could get into trouble. That said it's not the end of the world and unless he was an idiot and drove a car while drunk I think that this is vastly overblown.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Underaged drinking in the US is extremely common, underaged drinking in college I'm sure is even more common. It is illegal and whoever supplied him with booze could get into trouble. That said it's not the end of the world and unless he was an idiot and drove a car while drunk I think that this is vastly overblown.

Not saying it's not common, just this type of attention shouldn't be unexpected. Also, not just the people who supplied him can get in trouble, Eichel could get arrested for it. That's why people make a big deal about it. Eichel just needs to know that he's a high profile athlete and people are going to make a big deal out of this (even if they shouldn't), and that he should avoid people taking videos or pictures of him drinking. I'm sure he'll know next time.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Geez, I'm so shocked you have a negative opinion on Jack Eichel. Shocked, I tell you.

Jack Eichel is a *********. There's no getting around that. I know people who have interacted with him in social settings. But it shouldn't have any affect on his draft stock or the general opinion. He's a kid and a moron. So's 2-time Cup winner Patrick Kane, and Cup-winner-slash-potential-Hart-winner Tyler Seguin. Hockey players in general are douches but what can you do?

No doubt about it. Great hockey player. Personally though, not a fan of those videos. It's cool if ya'll have differing opinions.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Love it, shows that he doesn't care what people think of him and is still having a normal college experience.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
speaking of this, why exactly is the Beanpot such a big deal? Two games in the middle of the season against teams you play all year in Hockey East, why is it a big deal? Seems quite silly IMO. Ya i get it has history, but why does it mean so much?

Imagine the Leafs, Habs, Red Wings and Bruins, along with all their fans, situated in the same city within a 10 mile radius of each other.

It's really about bragging rights. The games themselves mean little in terms of the standings and postseason.

BU and BC hate each other. two different types of student bodies and two different athletic programs. It's always been the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
Buffalo, Edmonton, Phoenix, Carolina don't worry about this guy. He seems like a bad apple. Leave him for the Leafs - you don't wanna risk it.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Would love for him to actually go to Buffalo with this. Leafs can win McDavid :D

But really, I love how some people are acting like this isn't how probably 99% of pro hockey players are with their boys :biglaugh: He doesn't HAVE to hold himself to a higher standard because you don't want your kiddies to drink alcohol

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah Its not a big deal now if he were smoking a couple of joints and doing cocaine off a hookers belly then yeah I'd be concerned but Bud light hahahahah.

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
QUOTE]

Hold on, are you implying that it is a CRIMINAL offense in some states to drink underage? Not some regulatory offense but a criminal offense? If so, that is just asinine.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He's a kid in college...college kids party. the made a song about it or something...

I'd like him better if he didnt drink or held himself to a higher standard but its not a problem unless he goes full Ryan leaf and gains 30 pounds well partying and acts like an ass.

Dont see how you can spin the video in a good way but if were serious it means very little on its own.

Shwaguy*

Didn't Toews and TJ Oshie actually get arrested for Underrage drinking and then subsequently tried to break out of the cop car when they were 18 in College :laugh:

Shwaguy*

Drink and smoke all the weed you want youngblood but learn not to get caught.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
How many of us commenting on this situation have......

1. Had a drink at lunch/dinner and drove our own car ?

2. Had a beer at a sporting event and drove home with our wife/ kids in car ?

If anyone answered no to both ?'s please send your resume to the Vatican !!!!!

P.S. - I know BC kids would be drinking some import or micro-brew beer and BU kids would drink just about any beer but....... NO BUD LIGHT

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
btw. I'm straight edge and dont drink, smoke, do drugs....so my opinion is clearly different than most haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad