Center | Shoots Right | 6'2" | 194 lbs
Born: 1996-10-28 | Chelmsford, MA, USA

Stats: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=191959

Previous Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=92178533

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Off and on night for Eichel and he still should have ended the night with 1g and 2a. It's going to be interesting to see how his season progresses as BC had two players following him around a lot (I imagine that will be the norm this season) and there's not a lot of offensive depth on the BU squad.

Rodrigues moved up to the Eichel line once Oksanen (converted D) was hurt. He had an interesting game - beautiful move on his first goal, missed two open nets off of beautiful Eichel setups and then got a lucky break on his second goal. :laugh:

Slick13

Nov 22, 2013
Watched bits and pieces of the game at work and it seemed like Eichel never came off the ice and always seemed to be in the right position in the offensive zone.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I recorded the game just too see Eichel. I've never seen him play before. It would not have mattered if I never heard of him, he was hands down the best player on the ice. He just makes it look so easy. If you ever get a chance to watch one of his games, do it. It just shows why he is such a highly rated prospect.

I tried to think of a comparison for him, and it wasn't easy. If I had to make one, I would probably say John Tavares. The puck follows them both everywhere they go. The big difference is skating, as Eichel is a near flawless skater. JT probably has a better shot in addition to some other things.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Off and on night for Eichel and he still should have ended the night with 1g and 2a. It's going to be interesting to see how his season progresses as BC had two players following him around a lot (I imagine that will be the norm this season) and there's not a lot of offensive depth on the BU squad.

Rodrigues moved up to the Eichel line once Oksanen (converted D) was hurt. He had an interesting game - beautiful move on his first goal, missed two open nets off of beautiful Eichel setups and then got a lucky break on his second goal. :laugh:

Baillargeon had a nice year last year but hasn't been quite as good this season (early), so they do have "some" depth, but you are right not a lot.

Could see them moving O'Regan to a different line with the thinking that Eichel will make anyone look good, so put your 2nd and 3rd best Fs together and see if that line can get going too.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
ingenious right?:sarcasm:

What are you trying to accomplish here?

I recorded the game just too see Eichel. I've never seen him play before. It would not have mattered if I never heard of him, he was hands down the best player on the ice. He just makes it look so easy. If you ever get a chance to watch one of his games, do it. It just shows why he is such a highly rated prospect.

I tried to think of a comparison for him, and it wasn't easy. If I had to make one, I would probably say John Tavares. The puck follows them both everywhere they go. The big difference is skating, as Eichel is a near flawless skater. JT probably has a better shot in addition to some other things.

Near perfect observation. :handclap: He has his own style of course, but the first thing I noticed was his skating.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Last night was the first time I've watched Eichel this season, and he did not disappoint. He was dominant, and he had the puck on a string all night long. He created many scoring chances for BU by himself all throughout the game, and his puck protection was outstanding. Amazing vision and patience with the puck as well. David Quinn seemed to be double shifting him the whole game, and he did not seem to tire at all from the extra ice time.

Eichel was not blazingly fast, but he definitely was mobile and moved around the ice very well, both with and without the puck. I actually think Hanifin is a better skater than him from what I've seen, but Eichel was clearly the better player last night.

With the way he was able to hang onto the puck and protect it so well and with his vision and patience with the puck, he actually reminded me a lot of Alexei Yashin at his peak (the earlier years when he was the runner-up for the Hart Trophy, not the later years when he played lazy and priced himself out of the league).

Would have liked to see him get a little bit more involved defensively and be a little more physical than what I saw last night. His defensive positioning was good for the most part, though, and he did finish his checks from what I could see. He definitely didn't initiate much contact, though, and I most certainly agree with those who wouldn't call him a power forward at all.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Eichel with 3 assists through 3 periods. Anyone watching the game? how has he looked beyond the obvious points?

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Eichel with 3 assists through 3 periods. Anyone watching the game? how has he looked beyond the obvious points?

Overall a good performance. Although he was on the ice for a few UConn goals, however, those were more the result of the failure of the defense to pick up their man. Better on face offs than a week ago. He leads Hockey East with 13 points.

Video highlights, a bit strange in that all the BU goals are shown first and all the UConn goals follow. Not the actual sequence, which had UConn score late on a PP after Eichel sent O'Regan in alone for a 4-3 lead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmxUaBnLUl4&feature=youtu.be
Box score helps with sequence
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-hockey/stats/2014-2015/uc-bu118.html

Jackson12

Feb 28, 2008
Ottawa
This guy is so good. I hope a rivalry develops between him and Mcdavid that turns out to be like Magic vs Bird.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
This guy is so good. I hope a rivalry develops between him and Mcdavid that turns out to be like Magic vs Bird.
One-on-one rivalries like that don't really happen in hockey, and if they do they're probably more in the minds of fans than the players.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
One-on-one rivalries like that don't really happen in hockey, and if they do they're probably more in the minds of fans than the players.

I dunno, I feel like Ovechkin/Crosby was relatively real to both players for a couple years. They would go after each other and certainly seemed to care about who had more points.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I dunno, I feel like Ovechkin/Crosby was relatively real to both players for a couple years. They would go after each other and certainly seemed to care about who had more points.

This.

Up to the Winter Classic this was the biggest rivalry team or player in the sport. It was even more intriguing because both flip flopped several times as the worlds best player. Ovi won rookie season, Sid year 2, Ovi 3, 4 and 5, and Sid since, with Ovi adding another Hart when Sid got hurt

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
The way he holds his stick reminds me of Hossa, anyone else notice this?

Oct18_MH9_Maya-Devereaux.jpg

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He had a goal and 2 assists last night in BU's 3-1 win over Maine. He's tied for first in scoring in the NCAA with 15 points in 8 games with 1 less game played than Sam Ana's the co-leader.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Can anyone that watches BU avidly tell me if O'Regan, even though he's getting a boost in production, isn't exactly being carried by Eichel and that he is a great player in his own right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad