C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Add me to the list of people who don't like it.. sure when i was his age i was doing the same thing.. but the kid needs to know that this time next year he's gonna have little kids idolizing him.. i don't care if he goes out and parties but for god sakes don't let someone video tape you, that could jeopardize a lot in my opinion.. He needs to learn where to draw the line, this crossed the line in my opinion
Funny coming from someone who's a fan of the team that has Toews and Kane.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Hes a 18 year old top athlete in college. Hell, that's some tame beer drinking videos.

You guys are acting like he was snorting coke of some stripper

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Hes a 18 year old top athlete in college. Hell, that's some tame beer drinking videos.

You guys are acting like he was snorting coke of some stripper

Funniest part is I wouldn't be surprised if some of his teammates were :laugh::laugh:

Seriously these team parties (or any party in general) get really crazy really fast but we all probably know that. I've heard some ****ed up stories about guys in the junior systems and their parties. If anyone is concerned about that then sucks to be you lol.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Funny coming from someone who's a fan of the team that has Toews and Kane.
Toews has always been a good leader, plays hard every night, wears the C for a reason and does all the right things. Kane has matured over the years aswell.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Toews has always been a good leader, plays hard every night, wears the C for a reason and does all the right things. Kane has matured over the years aswell.

Who's to say Eichel isn't a good leader? Toews was known to party it up when he was on college as well...

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010

jonathan-toews-beer-bong.jpg

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Who's to say Eichel isn't a good leader? Toews was known to party it up when he was on college as well...
I never said Eichel wasn't a good leader. I don't know if he's a leader for BU, he's 18 while some guys like Rodrigues, Grzelcyk, O'Regan, Oksanen are good players and have been with BU for a couple of years now. I doubt he's the one to tell them wake up because even in the NHL rookies don't exactly speak up in the locker rooms to some veterans.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Imagine social media was around in the 80s when Mark Messier and the Oilers were rolling over the NHL. Messier would scoff at any "antics" by players in todays age.

David Krejci*

Add me to the list of people who don't like it.. sure when i was his age i was doing the same thing.. but the kid needs to know that this time next year he's gonna have little kids idolizing him.. i don't care if he goes out and parties but for god sakes don't let someone video tape you, that could jeopardize a lot in my opinion.. He needs to learn where to draw the line, this crossed the line in my opinion

Those kids need to learn that professional hockey players aren't deities. They're human beings, just like the rest of us. They have friends, just like the rest of us, and they have emotions, just like the rest of us. They just happen to have awesome jobs.

Just about everybody in college drinks. Jack Eichel wasn't hurting anyone by getting wasted and celebrating a big win with his friends and teammates. It's not his responsibility to teach anyone's kids right from wrong, no matter what you say about him being a public figure or anything like that.

ZeroPT*

The one thing that pissed me off about those videos was the girls annoying laugh

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I bet McDavid never touches alcohol! :sarcasm:
(I hate that I need that sarcasm emote btw)

Also I get that Connor is of legal drinking age where he lives, I don't think that would stop him as a 17 year old either, nor is it consequentially different than what Eichel did.

Anyways... Yeah, hockey players drink.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I bet McDavid never touches alcohol! :sarcasm:
(I hate that I need that sarcasm emote btw)

Also I get that Connor is of legal drinking age where he lives, I don't think that would stop him as a 17 year old either, nor is it consequentially different than what Eichel did.

Anyways... Yeah, hockey players drink.

No he isn't.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

tumblr_m9wpugl8Qp1qeut89o2_400.jpg

toews-kane-party3.jpg

Let's not act like this is the worst offense in all of hockey. Toews had fun in college, Kane had fun when he was college aged, Eichel is having fun in college. If it includes some alcohol, not a big deal. As long as he's not getting into a car, fights, or anything else insanely criminal, I don't see "underaged" drinking as a big deal.

And like you said, Kane has matured*. So plenty of time for Eichel to mature.

*Not as much as you think. He still has plenty of fun in the summer, he's just more discrete about it now

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
And? When Toews was 18 and 19 there were plenty of party pictures of him.

KevinBXA

Professional Caveman
Nov 4, 2010
The Roxy
I'd love to see McJesus and Eichel get into an all out tank the tank war where they both make themselves look terrible to drop out of the Buffalo/Edmonton sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia