C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Were talking about prospects here, Toews, as good as he was, isn't in the equation

I'm not saying talent wise, just how important to a franchise he is and how important those guys are as well.

And apparently, keeping with the Eichel drunkenness, my hands apparently weren't working either:laugh:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Sure underage drinking is illegal, he was 18 drinking out of the Beanpot. Seguin was 19 when he was drinking out of the Stanley Cup…big whoop. He's in college let the kid live a little!!!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Sure underage drinking is illegal, he was 18 drinking out of the Beanpot. Seguin was 19 when he was drinking out of the Stanley Cup…big whoop. He's in college let the kid live a little!!!

exactly. heck any if you guys out there who didn't do any under age drinking is not a man.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

except you're allowed to drink in Canada when you're 18/19 depending on the province. As for the eichel drinking it isn't a big deal.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
except you're allowed to drink in Canada when you're 18/19 depending on the province. As for the eichel drinking it isn't a big deal.

If he was in Alberta he could get tanked and it'd be all good as long as he wasn't driving or being an idiot. I can't speak for everyone here but I drank some before I was of legal age. Now that I am old enough to drink legally I rarely drink and when I do it's a couple of drinks at the most. Underaged drinking doesn't bother me as much as what the kids are doing while intoxicated, of course if they are quite a bit younger than 18 then it becomes a different story.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It was Bud Light.

Let's be real here. :laugh:

I remember tanking Coors Light and Bud Light draft beer in my late teens, literally pitchers of it and not getting hammered but I'm a pretty big guy too. Stuff really has no kick to it.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
For those holier than thou folks who chose to weigh in on the "atrocity" of an "underage" 18 yr old drinking a Bud Light, what are your thoughts on the fact he is legal age to go to war if he chose to serve his country? Could it be that the people deciding what you can and can't do at a certain age are the greater issue?

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Like McDavid, he projects to be better than both.

I think he's a better prospect than both Tavares and Stamkos were in their draft years, but I'm not sure I project him to be a better NHL player than what they are now. To me, both Tavares and Stamkos developed better than expected, Tavares is a perennial Hart Trophy contender, and Stamkos is arguably the second-best natural goal scorer of the last decade. Both of those are pretty hard to beat.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I think he's a better prospect than both Tavares and Stamkos were in their draft years, but I'm not sure I project him to be a better NHL player than what they are now. To me, both Tavares and Stamkos developed better than expected, Tavares is a perennial Hart Trophy contender, and Stamkos is arguably the second-best natural goal scorer of the last decade. Both of those are pretty hard to beat.

Stamkos has overachieved for sure, but Tavares is only beginning to live up to his Crosby like pre draft hype

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Because Eichel is a centerman, I feel like he's a lock at 2nd overall behind McDavid, but Mitchell Marner is starting to close in the gap between him and Eichel. Kid has been dominating like crazy in the CHL lately.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Because Eichel is a centerman, I feel like he's a lock at 2nd overall behind McDavid, but Mitchell Marner is starting to close in the gap between him and Eichel. Kid has been dominating like crazy in the CHL lately.

Marner is indeed closing the gap between them. But that gap is still huuuuge. Marner is my favorite in the draft, I hope he doesn't get too overrated because of his numbers.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Marner has been awesome, but he isn't closing any gap between himself and Eichel. Eichel is not just a "centerman," he is 6'2, perhaps the best skater in the draft, incredibly powerful, and scoring over 1.5 PPG as a true freshman in college. It would be like Drouin closing the gap on Malkin. Not happening.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Eichel scored BU's first and last goals last night in a 6-1 win to clinch the Hockey East regular-season title. First one shorthanded on an end- to-end rush; second on a power play. Finishes regular season with 55 points (18Gm 37A) and +36 in 32 games, both tops in NCAA D1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWBc0T7XtjM
http://*******.com/opvmsf5

The first goal by Eichel is what a down-and-out team's GM dreams of. Defensive zone start on the penalty kill, Eichel wins the takeoff, collects the puck himself, powers through a check, blows past the whole team up the ice and scores a goal. No one else touches the puck.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Marner has been awesome, but he isn't closing any gap between himself and Eichel. Eichel is not just a "centerman," he is 6'2, perhaps the best skater in the draft, incredibly powerful, and scoring over 1.5 PPG as a true freshman in college. It would be like Drouin closing the gap on Malkin. Not happening.

Wouldn't it be more like Drouin closing the gap on Mackinnon during their draft year but still be very far from him.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Eichel scored BU's first and last goals last night in a 6-1 win to clinch the Hockey East regular-season title. First one shorthanded on an end- to-end rush; second on a power play. Finishes regular season with 55 points (18Gm 37A) and +36 in 32 games, both tops in NCAA D1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWBc0T7XtjM
http://*******.com/opvmsf5

Let's try that second link a different way
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/sta...on&eligible=on&free=on&stats=scoring&sort=pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad