C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
One of the best players on the ice in the first game a long with Rasmus Dahlin and Erik Brännström.

Finished with 1G and 1A but could have definitely gotten some more points on the board. Hit the post on a wrap around and a few missed chances by teammates.

For those that didn't follow the game on Swedish TV: Every time he touched the puck the commentators couldn't help but chuckle or throw out a "wow, he's smart".

Rasmus Dahlin and Elias Pettersson showed a lot of chemistry tonight.. makes one hope for Dahlin just a little, little more.

Excellent start to the tournament.
Thanks for reporting this thats great news for Nucks fans :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
So seems he has not played much Center at all this year, wing on Vaxjo and Sweden. Can we say his expected position in the NHL is as a winger as well?

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
So seems he has not played much Center at all this year, wing on Vaxjo and Sweden. Can we say his expected position in the NHL is as a winger as well?

It seems very possible that he will play as a winger. Canucks fans were just hoping he'd play center because the Canucks are still lacking that true franchise center (no disrespect to Horvat).

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

He will play center in the NHL if the Canucks don't jeopardize it by rushing him into the league like Carolina did with Elias Lindholm. Let him play another year in Växjö at center and he will be a contributor from the get go in 2019/20. He won't be physically ready to play next season anyway.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If they wanted him to develop as a C, he wouldn't be playing W for Växjö.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
If they wanted him to develop as a C, he wouldn't be playing W for Växjö.

So you are saying they don't want him to develop as a C? Playing top line minutes for a good SHL team is great for your development, regardless of which position you play.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Canucks sure did draft a gem. I hope he becomes something special for Vancouver.

I see lots of Mats Sundin in him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
apparently his last 2 SHL games he played centre.

he had 4 assist in one followed by 0 points.

so far 3 points in 2 games as a centreman for Sweden.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, it's not like C's wins you championships......wait...

People don’t seem to understand that the Blackhawks were a team built around amazing wingers and a dominant defenceman.

Yes they had one good centreman as well, but look at who their 2C was when they won their cups. It’s rather humourous that people seem think you need Crosby and Malkin to win cups.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Whether he likes it or not, Canucks will play him in the middle. He'll likely not be taking faceoffs for awhile though.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
hmm..

It's odd..

I remember Elias Pettersson playing at center for an entire season for Timrå.. last season.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's JasGripen hating away again. :D

I'm sure Pettersson will end up playing down the middle of the ice. Nice that he can do an incredible job on the wing though. Can't complain.

Against the Czechs i was really impressed with his defensive game. Something that's never really brought up. The stat sheet is always too shiny to think about other aspects.

Reactions: travis scott

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
If he stays at 168 pounds, sure he could end up playing the wing in the NHL...

But he’s already gained 7-8 pounds since the draft. That’s a pretty good indicator he should easily be able to get to at least 185-190, in which case he will most definitely end up playing center.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
hmm..

It's odd..

I remember Elias Pettersson playing at center for an entire season for Timrå.. last season.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's JasGripen hating away again. :D

I'm sure Pettersson will end up playing down the middle of the ice. Nice that he can do an incredible job on the wing though. Can't complain.

Against the Czechs i was really impressed with his defensive game. Something that's never really brought up. The stat sheet is always too shiny to think about other aspects.
....What did I "hate" on now? DDR stated that people have an obsession with centers, I argued that C's tends to win you championships. Some of you nucks fans are so sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad