C Cody Glass - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2017, 6th, VGK)

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
If we pick 5~ and this guy's on the board and Benning takes Petterson instead I might cry.

I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with Petterson though, him and Dahlen are a dynamite combo already. I really like Glass too though, and I wouldn't be sad if we drafted him instead.

Glass seems to be flying under the radar a bit, no? Suzuki as well

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I don't see the Bergeron comparison. His offensive IQ is very good, but I don't see the same level of anticipation or strength in the defensive end that we saw from Bergeron at the same age. Ryan Johansen still seems the best comparable for me.

This is a stylistic comparison only, and not one based on skill level, or talent.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't see the Bergeron comparison. His offensive IQ is very good, but I don't see the same level of anticipation or strength in the defensive end that we saw from Bergeron at the same age. Ryan Johansen still seems the best comparable for me.

Honestly, i think stylistically Glass probably has more in common with Krejci than he does Bergeron.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with Petterson though, him and Dahlen are a dynamite combo already. I really like Glass too though, and I wouldn't be sad if we drafted him instead.

Glass seems to be flying under the radar a bit, no? Suzuki as well

The thing about Pettersson is that he's just so thin. I think based off of skills and smarts alone, he's definitely up there, but he's going to need a couple of years to get bigger and stronger. Him being extremely lanky, while also not being one of the youngest players in the draft (late 98 birthday in fact) should definitely be of some concern. And him adding weight could also potentially hurt his game. Would you pick a player like that at 5th? He's probably going to need 3 years before he's ready, at least. He could be a great top10 pick, but since he isn't really near NHL-ready, he shouldn't be a top5 pick IMO. You need patience if you're picking Pettersson, he's somewhat a project, and we all know patience isn't Benning and CO best traits.

Not an expert on Glass, but i really like what i've seen of him. Kinda wondered why there wasn't more talk about him. I'm also a Nucks-fan, and i definitely hope that he's being considered if they miss out on Patrick-Hischier. Based off what i've seen of him, i would put him in the same tier as Vilardi and Pettersson. Could see him overtaking the much more hyped Pettersson at the draft.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Feels like the type of kid the Jets would draft in the 1st round but I doubt he is still on the board when we pick.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If Jets win in the lottory and jumps up to nr 3 spot, this is the guy they pick.. Smells Jets all the way. Looks very intressting and should be a solid pick for any team.

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
Not yet announced but glass is joining Team canada at the u18s. Wont play this afternoon but should be good to go for mondays game

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not yet announced but glass is joining Team canada at the u18s. Wont play this afternoon but should be good to go for mondays game
Just to confirm.

Will be interesting, a strong performance here and maybe he locks himself in to the top 5. Kid has a great skill-set and a projectable frame.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Is he physical player like a power forward or some one a bit more defensive rather than physical?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Is he physical player like a power forward or some one a bit more defensive rather than physical?
He's not that physical, but he uses his size to win battles. He seems quite lanky (like Scheifele and RyJo were at the same age) compared to bigger kids who have already filled out at that age (Matthews, Patrick, and Eichel). Central scouting has him listed at 6'2 but only 178, so maybe he plays with more physicality as he fills out.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
He's pretty skinny for a hockey player, but I don't think that's an issue, or at least not at this level:

(I feel weird posting this photo, but it's on his public Twitter, so I figure it's okay.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad