C Alex Galchenyuk - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 draft) (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Galchenyuk has officially made the team out of camp. How many games he gets is anybody's guess though. We'll see how he adapts to the speed of the NHL. Worst case scenario he gets a couple of games of NHL experience and gets sent back down to Sarnia to get stronger and work on his first step quickness/acceleration.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Galchenyuk has officially made the team out of camp. How many games he gets is anybody's guess though. We'll see how he adapts to the speed of the NHL. Worst case scenario he gets a couple of games of NHL experience and gets sent back down to Sarnia to get stronger and work on his first step quickness/acceleration.

He's only made the team when he plays his 6th game. He will be sent down.

Terrible idea.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Terrible idea.

That's why I said he officially made the team out of camp...He will probably be sent down after 5 games or less. Why is it a horrible idea? What harm will it do? If you see he's really behind the play and not ready, you send him back to juniors.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He never came from a wealthy family, and his family was basically living off his sponsors cheques he was getting every month.. He was making enough off that for them to have a middle class house in a nice neighbourhood in Sarnia. I can only imagine he is their only support of income at the moment.

Wasn't he living with the Galchenyuks when he was in Sarnia? I thought his family was back in Russia then.

I remember reading something where Elliotte Friedman said his family was very wealthy.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
That's why I said he officially made the team out of camp...He will probably be sent down after 5 games or less. Why is it a horrible idea? What harm will it do? If you see he's really behind the play and not ready, you send him back to juniors.

Shame that if he doesn't make the team he can't play with Hamilton. I don't think he gains anything by finishing the year in Sarnia.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Shame that if he doesn't make the team he can't play with Hamilton. I don't think he gains anything by finishing the year in Sarnia.

No shame at all, Hamilton's coaching staff has the intelligence of a neanderthal and wouldn't be surprised to see Gally playing like 5 min a game or getting scratched if he was in Hamilton.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
well ill have my eyes glued to him tomorrow night to see how far he has come for sure. I think it would've been best if he stayed back but let's see what happens.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
At this point, I think he's up to stay. The only injured Hab is Nokelainen. Gallagher is on the roster too, and doesn't exactly "ideally" belong in the NHL either. So I'll be surprised if Galchenyuk goes back. Very surprised. He'll have to really look godawful IMHO, and while I don't expect him to do anything, I also don't expect him to be "godawful" either. The Habs seem to have a marketing strategy with him, and they don't have (m)any viable alternatives at this point, so it's almost case closed that he stays.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
At this point, I think he's up to stay. The only injured Hab is Nokelainen. Gallagher is on the roster too, and doesn't exactly "ideally" belong in the NHL either. So I'll be surprised if Galchenyuk goes back. Very surprised. He'll have to really look godawful IMHO, and while I don't expect him to do anything, I also don't expect him to be "godawful" either. The Habs seem to have a marketing strategy with him, and they don't have (m)any viable alternatives at this point, so it's almost case closed that he stays.

agreed, i am guessing he's done with the OHL.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
The whole team looked pretty bad, but he did ok I guess, no glaring mistakes but looked overwhelmed, so after 5 games or so and the team continues poorly, he'll be back in sarnia so they make a push and he can get some playoff hockey under his belt

Canuck71*

They are. This guy has no clue.

Good for Galchenyuk. I hope he sticks.

You actually are the one without the clue. He lived with the Galchenyuk's in Sarnia his first year over here then his second year over here he moved his whole family. Don't know where these wealthy family rumors are coming from.

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
Watch the Toronto game, Gally looked pretty lost out there. Nevertheless it was only his first game of his young career. Only a matter of time before he becomes a stud center man. All he needs to do is get more comfortable and the points will start coming:handclap:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The whole team looked pretty bad, but he did ok I guess, no glaring mistakes but looked overwhelmed, so after 5 games or so and the team continues poorly, he'll be back in sarnia so they make a push and he can get some playoff hockey under his belt

Yea he did alright, but in his first NHL game as an 18-year old he was probably pretty nervous out there.

Had a wicked wrist shot that almost led to a goal though!

waingr0

May 14, 2010
BBDzIYCCEAA-RhZ.jpg:large

*crump - photo credit

Galchenyuk and Komarov's first NHL game together was cute :)

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he's going to get sent back. there's not much for him to learn in the O but he's not insulated on a team with a thin top 6. he's not a winger nor should he play the wing. too much pressure for him to produce with gionta and plekanecs. unless they feel he can play 3rd line minutes and pp time.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think he looked fine for a first game. Way better than yakupov. If you think galchenyuk looked lost, watch a replay of the oilers game last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad