Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaF16

Jun 28, 2004
ah. did not know that. should've figured butchie started the whole thing.

Goal4Ziggy

Dec 2, 2014
Was it just me, or did Butch call Shannon fat?

Howie made a joke about her winning a gold medal, but then did say that she was a swimmer to which Butchie replied, "She swam near the bottom of the pool." and Howie awkwardly said, "wow"

This happened right before the Dubinsky play if anyone has the game recorded.

Last edited:

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
I got home from my nightshift a little while ago and decided to read some Islander threads before going to bed and ended up in tears from laughing so hard at these posts, as you guys made my day, but not sure if I could even sleep now, although I will try, as I'm goring to bed now.:biglaugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Was it just me, or did Butch call Shannon fat?

Howie made a joke about her winning a gold medal, but then did say that she was a swimmer to which Butchie replied, "She swam near the bottom of the pool." and Howie awkwardly said, "wow"

This happened right before the Dubinsky play if anyone has the game recorded.

Yeah, I think he said something similar earlier in the season. Howie said that Shannon used to swim and Butch said "Yeah, like a rock."

I have a feeling it's just good natured ribbing and Butch and Shannon probably give each other crap. I don't think Butch has a malicious bone in his body.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
"Loobineer Visnovsky"

"Bonnie Joypuck" instead of Johnny Boychuk.

Last edited:

beLIever

Mar 5, 2011
New York
It is hilarious when Butchie butchers the language, but I have to say that I do love it when his hockey knowledge is on display. He can be very interesting about specifics of the game as well as entertaining as Mr. Malaprop.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I think at this point, Butchie is just terrified by all names. He said he has trouble with the duo of "Neuvirth" (which is fair) but he's still complaining about Halak? It's been 7 months!!

LaF16

Jun 28, 2004
ok i think ive heard two quotes from Butchie tonight. I could've sworn he said muff instead of month and power of tower. anyone else hear this?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I think it was the pre game vs the ducks Howie mentioned
That Shannon was a good swimmer butch said "where down
South" Then Howie said something like no butch she swam in college
Then butch said " like a rock". I was shocked he was so rude towards
Her.
Wed 11/5/14
This is when he did it the first time. More important with the dion / Joffrey / tsn tweets out there
Can Shannon take legal action against Butch. He is a repeat offender with the same comment so he must really mean it. For myself she is so cute when we are winning. She has really improved 1000 percent since the season started. It shows in her work. ( the Anders Lee forgot your name aside).
If we don't re new her deal for brooklyn ( I don't know her contract, it could be 10 years for all I know)
Maybe she comes back to these comments.
Didn't Sean Avery have things to say about Dions girl too. I know they dated. Where there is smoke there's usually fire . I just don't like Phaneuf after the Okposo hit.
The world has come a long way since -
"What's the strangest place you ever made whoopie?"
Answer- " in the a-- bob" ( newlywed game TV show )

How about a drunk Joe Namath trying to kiss Suzy kolber (espn ) on television during an interview.
And telling all of America " I want to kiss you"

To many lawyers in the world . You just keep on mispronouncing Butchie. it will all be used as
evidence in your concussion lawsuit against the NHL . ( shakes head) Too many lawyers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad