Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
1 minute into the second period vs Detroit.

" It's not pronounced Detroit, it's pronounced de Troy it .if you read the last 5 letters troit. Troy it. Duh"

I made the( Troy it ) just to make the point of what he said. I can't believe he said DUH to Howie.

Butchies rule. . If you ever talk yourself into a corner because you make no freaken sense
Just add the word scenario and carry on as if nothing went wrong.

Questions for Butch.. Why won't you let the fans on TV enjoy the game?
Why must you talk all the time?
Does Mrs Goring not let you speak at home?
Just like we have outgrown the " dumpster dive " players
I think we have outgrown Butch.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
End of first in minnesota. We are winning 2-0 things are great.
Except.

Why can't this guy just sell insurance like most other ex sports stars.
Really takes away from the game with his non stop rambling .
Actually called Nino " the neid" . I guess he forgot the rest of his name.

LaF16

Jun 28, 2004
Paraphrasing....Brock Nelson's uncle is Dave Christianson from team USA

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
"Anders Lee used to play football, so he is familiar with the alley-oop play."

It's another name for a jump ball play in American Football (QB throws to a spot in the field, usually in man coverage, which is a 50/50 ball for the receiver/defender. Usually done with a physically imposing receiver like Chris Carter or Randy Moss). This one made sense.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
my roomate always cracks up when he says e-mc squared line. he said when we move out of our apt in a few months, hes going to watch isles games just to hear butch :laugh:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Ok 7 minutes in vs the Jets no score.
Here's my rant.

Why is it always and I mean always Johnny Boychuk.
It's tavares passes to strome to Martin to Dehaan to johnny Boychuk
Why can't he be Boychuk like all the others are announced.
Johnny Boychuk ,Johnny Boychuk,Johnny freaken Boychuk.
Is it in his contract? Not just this game . It's every game .

Still upset we couldn't unload Butch at the deadline.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
It's another name for a jump ball play in American Football (QB throws to a spot in the field, usually in man coverage, which is a 50/50 ball for the receiver/defender. Usually done with a physically imposing receiver like Chris Carter or Randy Moss). This one made sense.

Alley oop is all basketball bro, lol.

NYI13

Dec 9, 2009
Long Island

What is 'the fade'?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
What is 'the fade'?

Back corner of the end zone route usually. WR will be one on one and he will throw up a "jump ball" to the back corner where basically only his WR can catch it. Usually WR's are much taller then corners/safety's so not hard to put it up high for them.

Edit: easier to watch with a video lol.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
As much as I like Howie, he doesn't even show up for pregame skates. I'm sure it's in his contract. Maybe the Islanders suggest it's time for a change. Maybe let Howie retire to Florida for the winter. The Mets are his passion.

I love Butchie, horrible diction and all. Keep him. I like Dave Starman, who lives on Long Island and calls NCAA games. Let's let a guy who is hungry do PBP. Jiggs can't make trips to Edmonton for much longer.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
25 seconds left in the first period vs Columbus. Right after Prout gets the extra 2 min vs Lee.
Isles already up 3-1.

" if the isles can find a way to score here, it would really put the Kai bash on the Columbus
Offense."

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I think Butch is more entertaining than anything.

Painful is listening to a Sirius/XM NHL radio shows with Phil Esposito prior to this season, or with Phil as color commentator for Tampa's radio broadcasts (I'm often stuck in the car during Eastern Conference games). You want an argument about repeated hits to the head, listen to him doing color commentary. I get they want to throw him a bone, but it's painful to listen to.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
During tonight's game when Kulemin made that defensive play..."Kucherov, er Kulikov...Ka-Ka. Ah there's so many Russian players playing in this game" or something to that effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->