Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i heard him call Kuznetsov, Kuznutsov. all i could think about was this guy skating around with no nuts. not the visual i wanted.

also laughed when Howie mentioned a Butchism, and butchie said "not you too!" i really do like these guys (Butchie and Howie), and think they are one of the best pairings.

Butchie drives me a bit nuts with his constant insistance that the chip-and-chase is the best way, but he is far from being the worst.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Time and space time and space time and space time and space time and space time and space.
Take your time and space and shove it in your dirty area with your hockey sense.
And I am a 42 year fan since the beginning. He's paid to talk yet he can't do it.
He should be coaching . Why ? Because he can.
Let's go islanders!

Pnut

I know its not Butchie butchering a word or well known phrase, but didn't he say half way through the third, "Okposo has good training, good positioning......and other stuff". I was actually waiting for him to say something else intelligent there. Should have known :laugh:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Butchie reminds me of Yoda, except he is not quite as smart, not quite as powerful, and not quite as adept at the English language... :D

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
i heard him call Kuznetsov, Kuznutsov. all i could think about was this guy skating around with no nuts. not the visual i wanted.

also laughed when Howie mentioned a Butchism, and butchie said "not you too!" i really do like these guys (Butchie and Howie), and think they are one of the best pairings.

Butchie drives me a bit nuts with his constant insistance that the chip-and-chase is the best way, but he is far from being the worst.

Kuznutsov sounds very painful :naughty:

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Anyone hear Howie laughing hysterically at Butch tonight?

Pretty sure it was in the 3rd period..... I want to say that Butch made a comment and was speaking as if Denis Potvin and Howie were both there. Something along the lines of "See, you guys, that was a breakout play by the Isles".

For a good solid minute, Howie could barely get through a sentence.

Obviously, the 1st period callamari mention, rather than Camalleri, was pretty much expected heading in.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Anyone hear Howie laughing hysterically at Butch tonight?

Pretty sure it was in the 3rd period..... I want to say that Butch made a comment and was speaking as if Denis Potvin and Howie were both there. Something along the lines of "See, you guys, that was a breakout play by the Isles".

For a good solid minute, Howie could barely get through a sentence.

Obviously, the 1st period callamari mention, rather than Camalleri, was pretty much expected heading in.
Butch ended the night with a reference to his 1st period Butchering of "calamari" by saying something was "fishy" and they both chuckled.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Made fun of himself last night, saying he couldn't allow himself to butcher Boroweicki's name or he would be laughed at all over Twitter.
Butch is well aware that he is the object of amusement for his killing of names and mis pronouncements.
Pretty funny, laid back kind of guy who doesn't take himself so seriously.

LaF16

Jun 28, 2004
plus he asked Howie how many breakaway goals he had when talking to Gillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad