Jun 2, 2012
I think it was the pre game vs the ducks Howie mentioned
That Shannon was a good swimmer butch said "where down
South" Then Howie said something like no butch she swam in college
Then butch said " like a rock". I was shocked he was so rude towards
Her.

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
Called the 1980's player (Brock Nelson's uncle) Dave Christian "Dave Christensen" during the Kings game.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Anyone catch right before the game started, talking about Doughty...Doo Doughty.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I heard "Jason Richards" earlier in the game (talking about Mike Richards).

I heard that as Jeff Richards (combining Mike Richards and Jeff Carter) and was about to post it, but I'm sick right now and started to doze off so I assumed I just heard it wrong. Guess I'm not crazy

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Butch was in pretty poor form last night...making up words and names from the jump. Think he ran into a few old friends from his Kings days for happy hour? Discombooobilated, not 1 or 2 times, but over and over again. hahaha

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
They both struggles last night...there was a part in the game both couldnt figure out who had it, then Butch rattled off every Kings player that wore a no in the 70s on the roster...it seemed like all 3 cali teams had press boxes in the clouds LOL

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
They both struggles last night...there was a part in the game both couldnt figure out who had it, then Butch rattled off every Kings player that wore a no in the 70s on the roster...it seemed like all 3 cali teams had press boxes in the clouds LOL

I remember him saying something like "There's too many 70s out there. I can't tell who's who." :laugh:

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
puffin some of the devil's lettuce and watching the game last night made me realize how bad butchie is at color commentating. With all due respect of course, I love butchie. He is ENTERTAINING which i suppose makes him good in some way, but his analysis is whack for the most part. I know I could do better!!!

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Howie couldn't pronounce Cogliano correctly. I had to go to Wiki to make sure a player named "Coliano" wasn't on the roster.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I got the LAK feed, not the NYI feed.
LAK guys were very respectful of the Islanders, talking all night about our team speed, how we move the puck p ice so fast that the pressure is always on, and can recover back because of great speed.

Did Butchie call him Chads Johnson?

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I wanna hear Butchie say 'Toy boat' and 'Unique New York' each 10 times fast.

He might have a stroke.

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
#WordsWithButch

This is incredible. We need to start brainstorming words for him to use.

At least he gets it and pokes fun at himself. Jiggs was playing along all night.

They even talked about a Butchie spelling bee.

As for WordsWithButch, how would he pronounce the word Melee?

Butch should get together with his fellow MSG Network colleague Clyde Frazier for some vocabulary.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
At least he gets it and pokes fun at himself. Jiggs was playing along all night.

They even talked about a Butchie spelling bee.

If I remember correctly, Jiggs and Butch discussed the possibility of having a spelling bee after Butch used the word "tertiary" and Jiggs challenged him to spell it. Butch has used that word several times after someone on Twitter taught him the word last year. He used "third-ary" and someone corrected him, and ever since then he has been eager to show off his knowledge of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad