Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky to Colorado for COL 2nd and ARIZ 3rd (both 2020) and Scott Kosmachuk

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
One well-timed save from Holtby, no? Or does that run afoul of the party line?

Or how about the loss of Kempny and Oshie, any effects? Or Carlson and Niskanen having trouble keeping up? Nah, couldn't be.

Yea...a save. Yup. The subject was secondary scoring. Kempny and Oshie were not capable of making any plays after they were injured as opposed to
Vrana, but yea. You are right. All right. But we were talking about secondary scoring. I am sorry that I irritate you so much.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Yea...a save. Yup. The subject was secondary scoring. Kempny and Oshie were not capable of making any plays after they were injured as opposed to
Vrana, but yea. You are right. All right. But we were talking about secondary scoring. I am sorry that I irritate you so much.

If the subject was strictly secondary scoring, then what do Kuz and Vrana have to do with it? You said they were the reason the Caps lost. On what planet is Kuz, the 2017-18 playoff scoring leader, a secondary scorer?

What was your point then? We didn't get enough secondary scoring because our primary scorers didn't score enough? That's gibberish. We wouldn't need secondary scoring if our primary scorers scored enough? Well, we wouldn't need secondary scoring if any number of other areas were better, so it makes no sense to single out one and not the rest of them.

In any context, saying that Kuz & Vrana were THE reason the Caps lost is nonsense, when most of the team underperformed, across pretty much all roles.

Reactions: Jags

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
These great news brought me out of my summer hibernation. :popcorn:

He wanted to be traded because he thought he deserved to be in the Top 6? The fool!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
This will likely make the Caps a lesser team for next year unless BMac parlays those assets into a speedy scoring player with similar cap hit. Likely not going to get that in always inflated free agent market.

We a need speedy scorer at an affordable cost. I hope bmac has something he can pull off bc I agree with him in that I’d preferred to keep him for this year.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Orpik
Niskanen
Beagle
Burakovsky
Chaisson
Grubauer
Connolly (likely)
Smith Pelley (most likely)
Bowey (technically)

The team is increasingly different to that which won the cup - not just on the ice, but off it. Guys like Niskanen, Orpik, Burky, Beagle and Smith Pelley were important in the room. And it’s hard to imagine 2019 Gudas, Jensen, Hagelin and Dowd achieving the same level of play that the others managed at their 2018 best. I really don’t think we can underestimate how much greater the changes to the caps lineup have been in the last 12 months vs any other time in the last three years.

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Orpik
Niskanen
Beagle
Burakovsky
Chaisson
Grubauer
Connolly (likely)
Smith Pelley (most likely)
Bowey (technically)

The team is increasingly different to that which won the cup - not just on the ice, but off it. Guys like Niskanen, Orpik, Burky, Beagle and Smith Pelley were important in the room. And it’s hard to imagine 2019 Gudas, Jensen, Hagelin and Dowd achieving the same level of play that the others managed at their 2018 best. I really don’t think we can underestimate how much greater the changes to the caps lineup have been in the last 12 months vs any other time in the last three years.

I mean...really?

We're really doing this?

This is the cap era. You lose pieces. Most teams lose bigger pieces than we have and sometimes in shorter order.

We literally have zero idea how Jensen, Hagelin, Gudas, or anyone else will impact the dynamica of the team longer term. But what you're talking about is a reality of a hard cap league.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Am I the only one that hopes we can resign Brett Connolly? Not that Bura was a heavy depth scorer but him and Connolly gone I can see our depth scoring drying up a bit.

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Am I the only one that hopes we can resign Brett Connolly? Not that Bura was a heavy depth scorer but him and Connolly gone I can see our depth scoring drying up a bit.

I honestly kind of hope we don't.

I don't think much of Connolly's overall game. You don't really notice him much out there unless he's unleashing that disgusting wrister. He got a lot better elsewhere on the ice, but his two way game is still pretty much average on a good day and he's an okay forechecker but there are tons better.

I loved Connolly at $1.5 million. I don't love him at $3.5 million at minimum (that would be his discount price), but someone is going to offer him more and probably with term. He loses so much of his appeal the more you pay him.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

I don't think much of Connolly's overall game. You don't really notice him much out there unless he's unleashing that disgusting wrister. He got a lot better elsewhere on the ice, but his two way game is still pretty much average on a good day and he's an okay forechecker but there are tons better.

I loved Connolly at $1.5 million. I don't love him at $3.5 million at minimum (that would be his discount price), but someone is going to offer him more and probably with term. He loses so much of his appeal the more you pay him.
I agree with this 100% and defensively he’s trash but not sure who else is going to fill his shoes.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I’m kinda with you...wouldn’t mind some new blood. He’s aight....but not at $3+ IMO.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I'm super excited. BMac didn't have to accommodate Burt, and I believe he would not have done it if he didn't have an idea of how to fill out the third line. Can't wait to see what he does.

exactly, he likely has a deal in place but cant say anything

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
Bura seems like a good guy. Everyone seems to agree. I wish him the best. But if he "breaks out", I'll be surprised. His 10 cent head, his lack of muscle, and the fact that it take him a week and a half to wind up and release that wrist shot stands in his way. If he fixes that stuff, good on him. I'm glad that the Caps have moved on at this point.

I also agree that it's time to move on from Connolly. Fantastic shot (Bura could have learned from him), but not much else. I feel that this group needs as much fresh blood as possible.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Burakovsky is pending UFA? Could he resign with Caps July 1st if he can't reach deal with Avs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad