Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky to Colorado for COL 2nd and ARIZ 3rd (both 2020) and Scott Kosmachuk

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So how much cap space do we have to play with to replace Bura? Gotta think around 2.5 after we sign all the RFAs. I wouldn't mind Perry on a cheap 1 year contract for the 3rd line.
God no, stay away from Perry. Slow as hell at this point, a poor possession player, and unproductive at even-strength despite getting soft ice time with favorable linemates. There's about 10 UFAs who would be better fits at 3RW than Perry.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I wonder who slots in at 3RW now. I guess Connolly is still possible if he takes a discount but I assume GMBM has his eye on someone else at this point.

Better return than expected.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Bunch of disjointed thoughts on this:

Both of Wilson's roommates are now gone (Burakovsky and Latta)

Caps trade with Colorado a lot, under both GMGM and GMBM (and various GMs on their side). Up with with St. Louis as one of the better trade relationships the Caps have

Kinda highlights how underwhelming the return for Johansson was. GMBM painted himself into a corner with that one. Even with an apparent cap crunch here, GMBM was able to get a nearly identical return for a less proven player with similar amounts of team control.

Hopefully this means GMBM has had productive discussions with a potential 3RW during the interview period. Donskoi? Williams? Pominville?

Bring back Jagr at this point. Pommer is completely done as an effective NHL player and his hot streak at the start of the last year was so random.

Donskoi has like 1 goal in last 300 games.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
3 years of not breaking the 12 goal mark = see ya
just never got over the hump, maybe a move will do him good and he can break out, WSH gave him plenty of time/chances

Welp, the powers that be have 3 months to figure the rest of the lineup out, maybe in < 1 week's time we'll be greeting our new 3rd line winger

Reactions: Sam Spade

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The difference between what I would have asked for and what they got for Bura is equal to what they traded for Jensen.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Figuring out this from Sakic’s point of view is head a scratcher.

He essentially moves out 23 goal, 49 point guy in Soderberg, who played great in the playoffs for 12 goal, 25 pt guy in Burka. Cap savings is 1.25, not that the Avs are cap strapped. They also obviously take on 7th D man Cannauton at 1.25.

I clearly don’t understand this “GMing” thing.

As a huge early Burakovsky supporter I’m just happy the Caps are moving on. Wishing him nothing but the best in Colorado.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Nice return. Potential doesn't win championships, but a couple of goals in the ECF surely helped. There's a chance Bura blossoms in a new environment, but I'm comfortable the odds are against it.

In BMac we trust! Now let's see what he moves he conjures up to fill that cap space.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Bring back Jagr at this point. Pommer is completely done as an effective NHL player and his hot streak at the start of the last year was so random.

Donskoi has like 1 goal in last 300 games.

Pominville still had 29 even-strength points last year and 27 the year before that. And he's still effective at driving play forwards, albeit in much softer match-ups now. Buffalo was a decidedly better team with him on the ice than without him.

Donskoi has had back-to-back 14 goal seasons in a bottom 6 role with 13 of those goals coming at even strength in both. He's a great fit as a depth scoring 3RW replacement for Connolly.

Klargplutte

Sep 15, 2012
As a Swede it's sad to see him go but not surprised at all finished strong several seasons wich gave me the feeling that he would take the next step the following season but it never happened (plus a few injuries) I wish him the best in Colorado.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Thanks Bura! I wish you the best and keep your eyes on the ice and not the ladies in the crowd. All joking aside, you helped the Caps win a cup and sad to see another contributor on that magical run leave. Look forward to seeing your future and reunited with Grubs.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad