Proposal: Buffalo Proposals for Hanifin (Merged)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He's also a victim of of not working on his skating.

Do you know this for fact? Or are you just assuming it?

The reason I ask is I know for a fact that Victor Rask has worked hard on his skating, spent a lot of time with the Canes powerskating coach, etc...but he's still not a very good skater. That's why I ask.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Do you know this for fact? Or are you just assuming it?

The reason I ask is I know for a fact that Victor Rask has worked hard on his skating, spent a lot of time with the Canes powerskating coach, etc...but he's still not a very good skater. That's why I ask.

Sam's skating has definitely improved since when he was drafted. And he was never an awful skater like, say, Griffin is. He's more or less a league average skater. He's never going to be an ankle-breaker or burn anyone with his speed, but it's not really a meaningful knock on him as a player either.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Sam's skating has definitely improved since when he was drafted. And he was never an awful skater like, say, Griffin is. He's more or less a league average skater. He's never going to be an ankle-breaker or burn anyone with his speed, but it's not really a meaningful knock on him as a player either.

It's absolutely a knock on him. For a player with his skill set, the inability to maintain space with his skating is his fatal flaw. If he were able to box people out, or create space another way, it wouldn't be an issue, but he can't.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
with Sam I can't say but it's documented that Griffin told the isles " my skating is good enough" TWICE. refusing to work with a skating coach.

It was my personal opinion he was trying to force a trade back to western canada

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
ROR for Hanifin + ?

With the Canes D, I think Hanifin is on the outside looking in especially since Slavin burst on the scene.

I think by the end of the season, Hanifin will have surpassed Slavin as the Canes #1d. He's blown Faulk out of the water so far in terms of driving the offense.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
ROR for Hanifin + Roy + 2018 2nd

You would have to think ROR would help Carolina reach the playoffs.

Seriously?

Why on earth do you think we’d have to add a good prospect and a high second to Hanifin?

I wouldn’t even trade him straight up for ROR given position, age and contract. Your proposal is just brutal value for the canes.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I think by the end of the season, Hanifin will have surpassed Slavin as the Canes #1d. He's blown Faulk out of the water so far in terms of driving the offense.

To be fair, that's as much (if not more) on Faulk simply struggling offensively as it is Hanifin developing.

Reactions: Unsustainable

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Yup, send the paperwork.

Kind sire. If I could I would. For too long playing against the Canes is a light skating work out with minimal physicality. Kane woukd change that dynamic. I woukd gladly make the trade and think it is very fair as of today. 2 years from now this is a fleecing with Buffalo being the victor.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Just to be clear, bluedevil58 does not represent the consensus of the Canes board, heck, he doesn't even represent the minority. He likes to make posts to get a reaction out of people.

Nobody in their right mind would trade 20 yo Hanifin for a rental so before you go off and say "A Canes fan would do Kane for Hanifin", be forewarned.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Just to be clear, bluedevil58 does not represent the consensus of the Canes board, heck, he doesn't even represent the minority. He likes to make posts to get a reaction out of people.

Nobody in their right mind would trade 20 yo Hanifin for a rental so before you go off and say "A Canes fan would do Kane for Hanifin", be forewarned.

But from what I hear he likes serious debates so there is that.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017

Ok..

Aho for Kane then :huh::huh::laugh:

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I did not realize Kane had 1 year left.... if that's the case there needs to be a stipulation that he resigns. Otherwise something else comes our way if he doesn't. Perhaps the 2018 first?

We do not know if Hanifin will be an elite d man yet or not or take the route of Tanabe. He is showing signs he will. But it doesn't happen until it happens. I woukd rather acquire a proven too 6 player that can score even strength goals and hit..... just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I wouldn't say Reinhart is better than kane either. I think what you see is what you get with him. kane has his issues, but 30 goals is his upside, Reinhart is 20, in a good year if that. Just don't see a whole lot of potential for more there.

Poor defensive awareness and a shot percentage that's tanked since his rookie year. Could be linemates. But with Eichel and ROR ahead of him that's not gonna change

To me he's a player going nowhere fast... He needs to either be moved and given more responsibility to help him grow if he can or he'll stagnate into a plug. Useful but nothing special

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I wouldn't say Reinhart is better than kane either. I think what you see is what you get with him. kane has his issues, but 30 goals is his upside, Reinhart is 20, in a good year if that. Just don't see a whole lot of potential for more there.

Poor defensive awareness and a shot percentage that's tanked since his rookie year. Could be linemates. But with Eichel and ROR ahead of him that's not gonna change

To me he's a player going nowhere fast... He needs to either be moved and given more responsibility to help him grow if he can or he'll stagnate into a plug. Useful but nothing special
Then your opinion is wrong. Reinhart is a better hockey player than Evander Kane.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This trade sort of makes sense, Hanifin would be one of Buffalo's top D and they'd also have to make Ristolainen untouchable if they were to acquire Hanifin. But I wouldn't understand Reinhart's purpose in Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad