Proposal: Buffalo Proposals for Hanifin (Merged)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Would Carolina be willing to move on Hanifin for Reinhart and a 3rd round pick? Carolina gets a center with potential, I think he would thrive in Carolina with the proper wingers. Buffalo can start to rebuild the rebuild by actually building from the back end out (thanks Murray).

EDIT: I would be willing to discuss ROR for Hanifin +

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't think any of the Canes top 5 would be given up for Reinhart.

Hanifin is quickly becoming the Canes best offensive dman, this might've had some people going in the summer but right now Hanifin for Reinhart looks bad.

I would more likely think a swap that involved Rask or Lindholm would be more realistic. Might not be what Buff needs.

Reactions: Unsustainable

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Hanifin is a top 4 D at worst right now. He's trending towards becoming an every day top pairing guy in the next little while.

Sam Reinhart hasn't even proven that he could be a legit top 9 forward on an NHL playoff team.

Both are young, both are high potential.

My take - Carolina laughs and hangs up.
47 last year, he's definitely a top 6 forward at least

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
As of last night:

j9HJd4xEXBPTcaH9ivmDOUIyR8M306UI5IISyLIjom4zMiMyp2sVrq_amBmQXkpECama2xLdVtyag0bk2rEOgG9TvUGpXyAGmx25hDvle4o1m-hmcBwJffVcnqgyKJU_mgplR8ai37M7ucJxBKpHB5L4mo-w_qgPGRqqQ1dlRwe20uxoHOTzhkem_gzaVayOLSPtrT-pwf_BvfK3DlHU2xc0Tev2ACC8nXHI3SP5-5n3rtAynwQfLUoEad3Y0eQnJHZxDFmk6qRbCMwf1W45eZOKe7sFBChmNylaDURw7xXkHUWGRwxPgidmi5mVVAXhaxygzsndWL4ZIeJyCV4EK2GnCZ7l2Rdx96izGsPmioBKa43b5Rb9bgjFykBQGjoJraelwZgQCg8MEM-sAs36fUi2Og0PwFV3VnSIeNsWSpZ6u-PrwDt2La3zSFIUHVE_DJtHtjRI694Pgak0Fc1-79i-xp7M3AMrogvv40q9av6bzL2c3PA1lbUjPpa2Ch8hbhR19oAcfhDTSjAp9BW94c8uCLoXBEdZaHeCfmXt7E6Nfbbfj3D_Avd5nfpzHqe-ci48arg-1eRU0oS98rcR7WTvFsUNIwF1PRrJEeuCUA=w1392-h304-no

Source --> NHL.com - Stats

The forward group would be better, potentially, but how much of an impact would that result in if the team’s current primary puckmover on a defensively oriented blueline goes back the other way?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Hanifin is a top 4 D at worst right now. He's trending towards becoming an every day top pairing guy in the next little while.

Sam Reinhart hasn't even proven that he could be a legit top 9 forward on an NHL playoff team.

Both are young, both are high potential.

My take - Carolina laughs and hangs up.
I agree lance pelf here what do you think about getting diaz?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
ROR for Hanifin + ?

With the Canes D, I think Hanifin is on the outside looking in especially since Slavin burst on the scene.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
ROR for Zykov+Hanifin? Maybe some cap dump if needed coming our way.
I haven’t watched Hanifin enough this year to gauge his value. Carolina fans might see him as their most important d for the future along with Slavin.
What I do know is that us retaining some of the contract next year could be a factor. 1st july is the last large bonus for ROR. Then it’s 5 mill bonus and 1 mill salary I think - less than his cap hit at least.

I’d be willing to retain a lot next year and maybe even the year after that to save Carolina some money.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I haven’t watched Hanifin enough this year to gauge his value. Carolina fans might see him as their most important d for the future along with Slavin.
What I do know is that us retaining some of the contract next year could be a factor. 1st july is the last large bonus for ROR. Then it’s 5 mill bonus and 1 mill salary I think - less than his cap hit at least.

I’d be willing to retain a lot next year and maybe even the year after that to save Carolina some money.
Retention lasts the length of the contract and is the same % throughout.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

What?
Botterill won't be retaining on any long term contracts, and that's a fact. He's not dumb enough to handcuff the organization cap wise long term. He's known for his cap prowess from Pittsburg.
And if ROR is traded, that add to Hannifin will be substaintal.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
What?
Botterill won't be retaining on any long term contracts, and that's a fact. He's not dumb enough to handcuff the organization cap wise long term. He's known for his cap prowess from Pittsburg.
And if ROR is traded, that add to Hannifin will be substaintal.
Sometimes it’s good to read a post before posting, you know. And if you have problems with reading comprehension, maybe you shouldn’t start your response with a: ”What?”

I haven’t written anything about retaining long term unless you consider the next season and possibly the one after that long term.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Would Carolina be willing to move on Hanifin for Reinhart and a 3rd round pick? Carolina gets a center with potential, I think he would thrive in Carolina with the proper wingers. Buffalo can start to rebuild the rebuild by actually building from the back end out (thanks Murray).

EDIT: I would be willing to discuss ROR for Hanifin +

Hanafin doesn't get traded for a C with "potential"

Hanafin only gets traded for a legit #1C, or he doesnt get traded. The end.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You can get Fleury for Reinhart, not Hanifin.

Yeah. Sam Reinhart seems closer to getting you a Hadyn Fleury sort of centerpiece. But even then, i'm not sure Carolina actually does it. Reinhart probably isn't even exactly what the Canes need in the first place, and young defencemen are such a valuable commodity around the league. If Fleury continues to establish himself as a decent NHLer with a bit of upside, and if you think that's the direction you think he's headed...it might not be long at all before the plus is on the Buffalo side of that ledger on a Fleury deal as well, if not already there just on speculative "value".

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Reinhart is boring for Carolina, too much of what they already got.
They need someone who can drive offense.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->