Player Discussion: Bryan Little

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I stand by this. Underrated and underpaid for a good portion of his tenure here. When they came to Winnipeg, obviously he started to get noticed a bit more. Maybe he was never a true 1C but he played above his pay grade for many, many years. Of course when he signed that contract you knew it potentially wouldn't age well but I always thought he deserved it, especially because it wasn't a huge raise and he wasn't making 10+ mil.

Best of luck to him, if this is the end of his career. LOVED Litts. First hatty in 2.0's history.

Agree absolutely. One of those players that did so many of the little things well and was noticeable by his absence. Also a great character guy -- still remember him signing stuff for a good hour when my kid's team had their their MTS game just after a Jets practice one cold January.

Hope he finds a way to stay in the game. Sad news.

Last edited:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Little was playing so solidly just prior to his injury that I think he’d had a great season, and he was so close to returning... Still hoping he can resume playing.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
LTIR today. I think it's safe to assume that he is unofficially retired. Shame that our Games Played franchise leader has to finish his career like this, but at least he'll be handsomely paid and isn't trying to mount a comeback that could affect his post NHL life.
I need to check from a different angle, but I’ve heard otherwise.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I need to check from a different angle, but I’ve heard otherwise.

Little was placed on LTIR last night. It's how the Jets managed to be under the cap.

Further Little can't fly as a result of his injury. Road games are an impossibility last I heard & even home games come with great risk.

He's 33 and hasn't been on the ice since 2019. He's collecting a $5 million+ NHL salary until the summer of 2024 & will spend the rest of his life living comfortably.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Little was placed on LTIR last night. It's how the Jets managed to be under the cap.

Further Little can't fly as a result of his injury. Road games are an impossibility last I heard & even home games come with great risk.

He's 33 and hasn't been on the ice since 2019. He's collecting a $5 million+ NHL salary until the summer of 2024 & will spend the rest of his life living comfortably.

Yup, he's done. Chevy has essentially alluded that every time he's spoken about it the last year.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
In hindsight it is now clear that he was unfairly maligned when Laine was playing with him (and in those last 3 years in general). Basically no other Center on either the Jets or the CBJ has looked good playing with Laine other than a brief stint with Stastny in the regular season.

Additionally, it doesn't seem like the guys we got as "upgrades" on Little were that much of an upgrade (Hayes, PLD). This season many of us are hoping PLD hits 50 points in that 2nd line role which Little hit pretty much every season.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
In hindsight it is now clear that he was unfairly maligned when Laine was playing with him (and in those last 3 years in general). Basically no other Center on either the Jets or the CBJ has looked good playing with Laine other than a brief stint with Stastny in the regular season.

Additionally, it doesn't seem like the guys we got as "upgrades" on Little were that much of an upgrade (Hayes, PLD). This season many of us are hoping PLD hits 50 points in that 2nd line role which Little hit pretty much every season.
Scheifele looked great with Laine. I never blamed Little for any of that, they didn't work well together and it kept being forced. That's not on either of them.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

50 pts from Dubois? That would be pretty disappointing, playing with Ehlers.

Classic16

Sep 4, 2016
As someone who is just getting over vertigo and honestly scared to do anything slightly physical, I can't see him mentally coming back and his was 100x times worse.

Reactions: buggs

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Could you imagine (I know there's no chance) if he got cleared and came back in time to win a cup with us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad