Player Discussion: Bryan Little

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I love Little, he’s such a solid hockey player that does so many things right, most of which go under appreciated. I think he’s suffered every bit as much with his usage and can still be a 50+ point player if he’s optimized. Wheeler is an obvious line mate for him but I also agree Perreault and Connor would work as well.

Here’s to Little!!

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I probably come off as a Little hater in some of the Laine threads, but that's not really the case at all. In fact, last November when Laine was potting crazy amount of goals, I was at one point more happy for Little. After all the crap, it just seemed like he really deserved to be part of a line that played nice hockey. He made some really nice plays on some of those goals as well! I really think Little has still a lot to offer for the Jets, though I don't think 2nd line center is what he should be playing, unless the lines get juggled to give him a set of wingers that complement his play.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
By having Wheeler on the 3rd line?

Well Lowry's line came out second basically every game and got more 5 on 5 time over the Little line. If you put Wheeler and Copp on that line they are in the 2 hole at worst as they would be matched up against top lines.

Seems like more of a line they would use if the RFA's are out to start the season. But it would work fairly well when you look at the 2 scoring lines you could create on top of that.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Quality player that gets some shade he doesn’t always deserve. Hope he kills it this year to silence some of the noise.
giphy.gif

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Isn't this thread a fresh breath of air. I don't know Little that much since he's not really in that many interviews (at least in "my sources") and haven't seen him in the past that much like you most have. I get the feeling he's one of those good guys that don't complain, just fills his role what's asked and maybe doesn't speak about himself that much (not to say that he couldn't when asked). Just a steady worker bee. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bryan Little is still an excellent hockey player. 31 teams could use such a versatile guy who does everything well. He can check, he can score, he can create offense, he's good on PP and PK.

I have always loved Little and his consistency is really impressive. Never seems to get too high or too low.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Bryan Little is still an excellent hockey player. 31 teams could use such a versatile guy who does everything well. He can check, he can score, he can create offense, he's good on PP and PK.

I have always loved Little and his consistency is really impressive. Never seems to get too high or too low.

He's an unsung hero. First goal last night came off a clean draw won by Little. He's a 2nd PP, PKer, versatile player. I am glad he chose to stay here. I like the Jets with Scheif as #1, Lowry as a shutdown #2, Little as a #3C. I hope the Jets use him to help Roslovic grow as a pro.

Reactions: Jet and Hobby Bull

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You just can't not like a guy who never complains , how many other players wouldn't complain when the team is trading for centers to push him down the lineup ? Love his work ethic and his sense of humor , ya i'd like to play with Scheif and Wheeler too . :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You just can't not like a guy who never complains , how many other players wouldn't complain when the team is trading for centers to push him down the lineup ? Love his work ethic and his sense of humor , ya i'd like to play with Scheif and Wheeler too . :laugh:
That was one of the best quotes of camp. Very hell played by Little.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
Let’s put it this way. Everybody loved Little a couple years ago. Lots even called him 1B centre. Then he has to play with a combination of three young wingers that don’t know where the the d-zone even is and all of a sudden he’s trash. Little needs a play maker on his line. He’s a good goal scorer. Always has been.
If someone was watching the playoffs last year he played way better then Hayes did who some people complained was not getting enough ice time. Which the truth was Hayes did absolutely nothing in the ice time he got on the second line.
If goal scoring is his thing then he really is done for. The excitement level actually goes down when he is on a breakaway. The only thing to wonder about is where on the Crest that puck is going to hit.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
If goal scoring is his thing then he really is done for. The excitement level actually goes down when he is on a breakaway. The only thing to wonder about is where on the Crest that puck is going to hit.

Well considering he maybe gets 2 breakaways a year I call BS. Would like to see his breakaway stats. Guy does not get very many breakaways or even odd man rushes because he is almost to catious on defence. Always stays back in the right place. Constantly covers for his linemates that are *cough* *cough* weak in our own end.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
He never gets a breakaway because he’s always in his zone fight for the puck. Without much help from his wingers. Little has an above average shooting percentage for his career. The last two years have been below his average. Problem is he doesn’t shoot enough.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I like Bryan Little, but my problem is with his contract. And whenever I see him, I think we could have still had Stastny if not for him.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Stastny has missed roughly 20 games the last 5 seasons and 30 last year. Don’t think he’s hit 50 points the last five years. He got over 50 points the last time in 2013-2014 season. How much is he worth? Our Gm did his homework in my opinion.

Edit. He did get 53 points combined with jets and blues in 2017-2018 season

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
The purpose of this thread is to honour and send a positive shout out to Little.

People have been concerned with Laine’s usage, stating that Laine deserves time on the top line ( this might be true)

However, Little has just as much reason to complain, if not more so:

-the player who Little has shown the most chemistry with, Wheeler, was pulled from him to play with Scheif
-despite the fact that Wheeler’s even strength point production has not increased much at all since the move to Scheifele, Maurice refuses to reunite Little with Wheeler
-instead, Maurice refuses to split up Scheif and Wheeler. Little knows his point production would increase back to a 2nd line centre level if he were reunited with Wheeler-he would’t be under such media and public scrutiny
-instead, Little has been paired with someone (Laine) who is also, a shooter, and, for this reason, there is no chemistry and even strength production.

Little has just as much reason, if not more, to feel misused by PoMo. However, he has shown a classy and team-first attitude throughout these years of misuse and poor deployment.

Little needs some recognition for the above.
Let’s give a shout out to Little!!
Brian Little.jpg

You had me worried with this post. I thought this revolved around a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00