Player Discussion: Bryan Little

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Little was always all class. Worked his tail off for his team, and never complained. Was always one of the fittest players coming to camp. True professional, and an underrated player.

I agree , He was just not the right center to mentor ehlers and laine. It didn’t work and he was in a shit spot.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am also a member of the Little Fan Club. His two way game has often been completely missed or overlooked. Having played C, I could really appreciate how well he handled the complete responsibilities in that role. Yeah, he lost a bit of a step lately before his unfortunate injury, but in line with his age. He always gave it his all, no complaints, do the job, do it well.

If he comes back, I will still be cheering. I dont expect him to. He owes us nothing. He owes his family everything.

Reactions: JetsUK and Jets 31

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Tough end (if it is so) obviously the contract was not great for the team, great for him he cashed out at the perfect time on that deal then appeared to begin his decline instantly after. Just bad timing we could not afford to lose him to UFA for nothing. Contract aside he deserved to play out a final season. Now he joins the list of forgotten players that never really get an official retirement. The guy was so badly underrated in his prime. Broke 60 points, and then without looking I believe his 2 shortened seasons due to injury a few years back starting with the broken neck then the knee, those 2 seasons i believe he scored around a 60 point pace. IMO back in those few years the guy almost should have been in Selke talk for his all around game. Part of it i think was in his prime in his days with Ladd, Wheeler and Frolik he was more of a 1B, low end 1C. Then when Scheif emerged and he was a 2C he declined down to more of a 3C. So he was never quite in a proper spot, this brought some negative talk. He never really meshed well again with anyone after Ladd and Frolik left and Wheeler was glued to Scheifele. Anyways a lot of good memories and huge goals he scored for us i remember. Class act, one of my fav players of the franchise and in the game. Best wishes hope he is living a good life with family.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This is so sad. :( He was one of few players along with Ladd, Wheeler and Buff that made some of those awful first few year teams of Jets 2.0 worth watching. I hope his health is okay going forward and he can live a normal life. Anyone know if he lives in Winnipeg?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If he's really done then I'll miss him, I never had any complaints about Little. Pure class and a hard worker.

A freak puck to the head is a shitty way to have your career ended. I feel a bit for Ehlers as well. It was obviously a complete accident but I think most people would still guilty in that scenario.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
My only issue with Little was that he was the wrong guy to center Ehlers and Laine. I stand by that opinion to this day. But I will miss everything else he brought to the team and the game, in general. I must admit it was quite often a true pleasure to watch him play the game.
If he is done, I wish him nothing but the best in the future and I would gladly buy a ticket to see his name raised to the rafters.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and hn777

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
A well deserved thread. The Swiss-army knife when we had nothing else. Him, Ladd and Wheeler were our only glimmer of hope for years :laugh: Underpaid for most of his tenure and underappreciated for even longer.

Overpaid now, sure, but not by so much that he deserves to be the whipping boy. Would be awesome if Lowry or Copp could usurp the 2C role and let Little be a solid 3C for us.

I stand by this. Underrated and underpaid for a good portion of his tenure here. When they came to Winnipeg, obviously he started to get noticed a bit more. Maybe he was never a true 1C but he played above his pay grade for many, many years. Of course when he signed that contract you knew it potentially wouldn't age well but I always thought he deserved it, especially because it wasn't a huge raise and he wasn't making 10+ mil.

Best of luck to him, if this is the end of his career. LOVED Litts. First hatty in 2.0's history.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Really sad to hear this. Little was a very underrated player when he got here. Him Ladd, Wheeler or Frolik later on won most of there matchups they played against even the against the biggest stars in the league. There line seemed to outshoot most lines they played against. He truly was a very good two way centre. Will miss him if true. Also never complained about anything (publicly anyway).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sad news about Little but he needs to think about his health and future first.

While I wasn't super enamored with his play on his later years he represented the city and organization really well. He was also a darn good player through his prime here and we could really use that player now.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and hn777

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Class act and one of my favorite all time Jets - not because he was the most dynamic player - more because he gave top effort every night regardless of the situation the team put him in.
Hope he enjoys his retirement and the Jet's find a place for him in the org if he's interested.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Always liked Little's game, Little, Ladd and Wheeler were a damn good line . Brain bleeds i know about very well and when i had mine the first thing the neurologist told me was all contact sports were over for me. I know everyone is different but i just didn't think they would tell him he could keep playing NHL hockey. Anyway thanks for all the great hockey and professionalism Brian and good luck with future endeavors , maybe head coaching one day.:naughty:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
The man carried the load and was underrated league wide for years. I wish people hadn't based his value on Laine's totals the last few years. He was fantastic between injuries.

Team is worse without him, but you don't mess around with brain trauma. All the best.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Always liked Little's game, Little, Ladd and Wheeler were a damn good line . Brain bleeds i know about very well and when i had mine the first thing the neurologist told me was all contact sports were over for me. I know everyone is different but i just didn't think they would tell him he could keep playing NHL hockey. Anyway thanks for all the great hockey and professionalism Brian and good luck with future endeavors , maybe head coaching one day.:naughty:

I had an aneurysm from a blood clot in the brain (non sports related). I was told I couldn't play sports again too. I graduated high school with a credit for gym, but I couldn't participate, it was given to me for coaching basketball. I didn't start to play hockey again for 6 more years, and when I did it immediately took its toll (seizures, etc.). I loved the game, but it cost me my educational future, and my health, and I certainly didn't have millions to fall back on.

I agree with you. He should become a coach. Would love to see him in the vacant assistant spot. Makes being away from the game less painful. Probably my favourite Jet from opening day, a guy who wasn't well known, but gave his best every night.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Nothing but class from a perenially underrated player. He was our best C for many years, busted his ass and was no question a very good player and leader, but he never got accolades in the league or media, and for some reason there were so few Jets jerseys with the name "Little" on them. I do hope he bounces back, but not at the expensive of his safety or health. Family is always #1 and he should be comfortable enough with what he's made, there is no shame for a warrior like him to hang 'em up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00