Brutal crosscheck by Morrissey on Staal (upd: one game suspension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
You're entire statement was hypocritical and when facts and truth hit you, you completely ignore it. Like when I said History + Intent = longer suspension you completely ignore it and counter with a dumb response that doesn't argue you're point at all.

And the intent is clear with Kadri. Here are more facts and truths for you to ignore:

That hit is so reckless and tells us all we need to know about this player. He was intentionally trying to crush his head with his hip/butt. And to add insult to injury, also leaves his feet in order to generate more force. Not even in the same universe as the Morrissey cross check.

Reactions: Heldig

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
You think what Kadri did is worse then this? WOW. oops sorry I forgot that objectivity isn't often used on these boards.
I think excluding Leaf fans most people would agree it wasn't as bad.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I think excluding Leaf fans most people would agree it wasn't as bad.

I haven't talked to a fan of any team, other then on these non-objective boards, that doesn't know the cross check to the face was worse. Trying to make it into a team bias is weak.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
see post# 666, if the roles were reversed you would say the exact opposite of what you are saying whereas my stance would be the exact same. Oh well, have fun.

btw - I did not ignore the inane comment about intent but I'm not surprised you ignored it. Yawn.

You haven't provided a single argument as to why this deserves a bigger suspension than Kadri. Not a signal one. When I responded to your comment about intent, you did exactly as I expected and ignored the video evidence provided. You are content with spouting your logical fallacies and hypocrisy so I don't think it's possible to have a reasonable conversation with you. Your commitment is hilarious and entertaining though :popcorn:.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yeah that cross check to the head/face wasn't obvious. :huh:
Alright, since you apparently don't know what a straw man argument is:

You were in the midst of an argument with Jets fans about whether Kadri's or Morrissey's hit was worse. If you weren't arguing against someone who claimed that Morrissey's hit was an acceptable (see: tolerable, fine) hit, your insinuating that someone claimed so only to laugh at that means you're arguing against a claim that wasn't made. This is a straw man argument.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
DOPS got it wrong
Morrissey should be drawn and quartered.:sarcasm:
It was a missed cross check and Staal was just fine.
1 game so let’s move on.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

You were in the midst of an argument with Jets fans about whether Kadri's or Morrissey's hit was worse. If you weren't arguing against someone who claimed that Morrissey's hit was an acceptable (see: tolerable, fine) hit, your insinuating that someone claimed so only to laugh at that means you're arguing against a claim that wasn't made. This is a straw man argument.
I think they actually may be the straw man
Just sayin

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg

I'm pretty sure you used too many words. And "insinuating" - sooooo many syllables.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I haven't talked to a fan of any team, other then on these non-objective boards, that doesn't know the cross check to the face was worse. Trying to make it into a team bias is weak.
*Than

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
You haven't provided a single argument as to why this deserves a bigger suspension than Kadri. Not a signal one. When I responded to your comment about intent, you did exactly as I expected and ignored the video evidence provided. You are content with spouting your logical fallacies and hypocrisy so I don't think it's possible to have a reasonable conversation with you. Your commitment is hilarious and entertaining though :popcorn:.

LOL. You haven't answered how you know what another person's intent is. Frankly this post is just a bunch of garbage.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I’m a little surprised it was only 1 game. I thought it was worse than Doughty but not quite on the Kadri level. Figured 2 for sure.

Reactions: ehhedler and Al14

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

LOL, I was in no argument whatsoever. I took logic in university, I know what a straw man argument is. You sure use a lot of words to say nothing.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
LOL. You haven't answered how you know what another person's intent is. Frankly this post is just a bunch of garbage.

tenor.gif

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

LOL, I was in no argument whatsoever. I took logic in university, I know what a straw man argument is. You sure use a lot of words to say nothing.

I'm sure you crushed it.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Ok look at the number of pages of discussion about the Kadri hit and compare them to this. Clearly more people felt that was worth commenting about that hit than this one.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
You took logic in university?
Do tell.
I’m listening.
Heck we’re all listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->