Brutal crosscheck by Morrissey on Staal (upd: one game suspension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Does it matter? Parise and Suter are both out. Wild are on their last legs
Looks like the Jets will have 4 of their top 6 D out, along with a good forward in Perreault. Friday should be as good a chance as any for the Wild to win a game in Winnipeg.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Once there was no penalty called the DoPS was in a tough situation. Cant let this thing go, there have been far worse out there. Look the other way and people point to the time Staal got hit an it was nothing. There is this questionable call vs that one, etc... And you can never get all calls 100% right.

Its going to come down to, call more penalties. Or risk more suspensions. Or just play a clean game.

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Honestly it’s a joke that it’s only a game especially since he wasn’t tossed right away.

Reactions: Iapyi

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I expected one game. Had he been penalized on the play he might have gotten off.
That's what I think. The reasonable expectation was that he would get two minutes, which would've resulted in a 5 v3, which would've had a likely result of a goal and a 1-0. Instead, the Jets scored shortly after the non call, and won 1-0. Hard to argue it wasn't a pivotal call.

I'm not mad at the Jets, or Morrissey( who I think is a clean player who made a dirty play). My issue is with the refs, who I am convinced, saw, and decided not to call the play because they didn't want to see a 5 v3.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Seeler is playing alright, Soucy adequate so LHD isn't a huge issue. Forward depth is technically there but they seem to be out to lunch the last week or 12. Russo had a good article on this subject at The Athletic.

i think the problem is our forwards are tasked with playing less aggressively than they do during the regular season to cover for our mishmash defense. or part of the problem, any way. everyone seems to be forgetting what a huge part of our offense was generated by defense--they're playing sort of jumbled so there's not two good pairs out there right now. who are comfortable enough to handle things as easily as they did during the regular season. And against the Jets thats a very tough ask.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
NHL has spoken, 30 pages of posts so HFB has spoken. I think we’re good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->