Brutal crosscheck by Morrissey on Staal (upd: one game suspension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Alright, since you apparently don't know what a straw man argument is:

You were in the midst of an argument with Jets fans about whether Kadri's or Morrissey's hit was worse. If you weren't arguing against someone who claimed that Morrissey's hit was an acceptable (see: tolerable, fine) hit, your insinuating that someone claimed so only to laugh at that means you're arguing against a claim that wasn't made. This is a straw man argument.

Thanks. I have a test on Friday where I have to explain a straw man argument for one of the questions. Like for real

Reactions: Atoyot

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I was hoping he'd get the same hearty handshake and pat on the back that Foligno got after he injured Myers. Oh well, can't expect any consistency with the NHL.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I was hoping he'd get the same hearty handshake and pat on the back that Foligno got after he injured Myers. Oh well, can't expect any consistency with the NHL.

Even more disappointed he’ll miss the handshakes at the end of next game

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The league is a joke for not using video replays on plays like that one

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
How important is Morrissey to the Jets? Is he as important to his team as, say, the other suspension of the playoffs (ie Kadri’s Toronto importance/value on the ice)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Logic in this thread, " if a dirty play isn't called, our player can go cross check their guy in the head because it makes up for it."

By the way, the headbutt was minor..helmet to helmet with little force. I can pick multiple dirty plays by Buff alone that haven't been called that are worse than the headbutt.
Head-butt is always an automatic penalty. Even an attempted head-butt that doesn't connect at all is supposed to be a double minor.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The league is a joke for not using video replays on plays like that one

Jets fan agreeing completely.

If you're allowing replay challenges for offsides that require calipers, you should be able to challenge blatant non-calls.

Let the refs decide things on the ice. Take as much out of the hands of hockey ops as you possibly can.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So based on this logic, we must go back to the very first time the Wild and Jets ever played, and then determine who is owed a penalty. Bringing up Nino is a fallacy...that has nothing to do with the cross-check. Just like if there is a thread on the head butt and I say...well, they didn't call the cross-check. Logical fallacy.
No, I'm more interested in the constant moaning by Boudreau and a contingent of fans, as if the Wild have somehow been jobbed by the refs over one missed call.

Reactions: Hulide and Saidin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->