Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
My argument against that is that if you think you can compete for something other than a first round participation trophy, there’s a case to be made that his durability is a major concern. If you could guarantee he’d be 100% I’d want to keep him as he’s better than anyone he’d fetch in trade, but that’s because he carries a risk. He’s often injured or not 100%. And this team goes as he goes and he’s now the entire key to our secondary scoring. There’s a lot of risk in having to count on a guy you can’t actually count on.

What to do with Krejci is a really tough call IMO. Chances are this GM isn’t able/willing to move him anyway, but if he was I’d be torn. He’s a huge asset when healthy, but he kills you when you count on him and he’s half the guy or hurt (like last playoffs).
I'm glad you and others are coming around finally. Been saying it for years.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Let’s not give the GM a free pass here. He AND the pro scouting department are a frightening team. Together they’ve been terrible at pro acquisitions.

I can't think of many that are happy with either of their choices in pro acquisitions. I hope that issue has been remedied... maybe the lack of moves was the result of that.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Now this is interesting....Think Sweeney is scared to make a trade, but if he could pull this off....With Carlo as a piece back.....We can hope at least.

Is Erik Karlsson the trade the Boston Bruins have been waiting for?

I’d take Karlsson in a heartbeat but I don’t put much stock in the opinion of any writer that thinks the word “elusive” is spelled “allusive” and thinks Carlo and Beleskey would get it done.

They’d start by asking for McAvoy (a big no from me) and one or more of Heinen, Debrusk, JFK, Frederic, and probably picks too.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Seems like the cost of EK65 would be to high to pay for a divisional rival.

1st 2018, Krug, Vaakanainen, Heinen, and JFK? Would Ottawa demand something like that? Too much for my blood.

Could the Bruins lure him here as a FA?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Carlo, Louzan, Bjork, Beleskey (salary dump) and Spooner who is from there i think..and a number one.

Could be a productive package.......................

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Truth is all i hope we are in the conversation....Maybe all this great young talent we think we have can get him.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
He’s suggesting Carlo and Beleskey for Karlsson......

I stopped reading...... I assume he got to the +++++ point? Jesus.....

No kidding, I'm sure Dorion will be all over that package. Maybe we can toss in a couple of tomato cans and a $100 Quincy Market gift card to sweeten the deal.
Someone please get this guy who wrote the article signed up here stat, I need more unintentional comedy in my life.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The scary part about dealing for Karlsson is that he's a UFA who seems determined to go to market.

“When I go to market, I’m going to get what I’m worth, and it’s going to be no less, no matter where I’m going,” Karlsson said following a practice last week."
-From the linked article above.

You could end up paying a king's ransom to get him now only to watch him sign with someone else in a year and half.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The scary part about dealing for Karlsson is that he's a UFA who seems determined to go to market.

“When I go to market, I’m going to get what I’m worth, and it’s going to be no less, no matter where I’m going,” Karlsson said following a practice last week."
-From the linked article above.

You could end up paying a king's ransom to get him now only to watch him sign with someone else in a year and half.

EXACTLY!

Could turn out to be no more than a 1.5 year rental.
Unlessthere is a preagreed upon multi year contract attached I stay away.

Offseason surgery has sapped Karlsson (1-18-19 through 25 games, 25:43 workload per outing) of some of his electricity. Anderson (8-10-3, 3.05 GAA, .897 save percentage), re-upped on Sept. 29 to a two-year, $9.5 million extension, is not playing like he will fulfill the term of his new deal. Boucher has not been able to squeeze as much performance from his players as he did last year.
That’s not even the bad part.
Karlsson is one of the bargains of the league, signed through 2019 for $6.5 million annually. As is his right, the 27-year-old will not accept a discount. But Karlsson did not do himself any favors with his employers when he discussed his next deal.

The reach and influence of Jack Parker - The Boston Globe

Reactions: PlayMakers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
if the current pro scouting staff is still in place, frightening.
I'd still do the Backes deal I don't think they make the playoffs without him - he's still pretty good to me one of the problems with this place is few can separate the player and the contract

As for Beleskey I'm guilty as charged and as the only member here who liked the signing I am in awe at all the brilliant Bruins fans who didn't like it - I didn't see it so very impressed by the Bruins fans

Just curious what are all the mistakes by Pro Scouting? And isn't Bradley and JFJ key components of Pro Scouting

Rinaldo was a fourth liner at best and means nothing and a guy like Schaller rubs it out

Anyone who can only give me Rinaldo gets my trap door of fake Bruins knowledge

Riley Nash was an excellent signing

Dominic Moore was a super pick up and Rinaldo wasn't but all I hear about is a bunch of whiney bitchss on Rinaldo and 0.0 on Nash or Moore who actually played on the #1 PK and provided leadership

Oh, but they signed Rinaldo ..whah whah whah :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad