Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What if the players tell family and friends and the Bruins front office knows they won't waive there NMC

We just saw Giancarlo Stanton use it to veto a deal to the Giants and force his way to the Yankees for 10 cents on the dollar

David Krejci 100% will play out that contract

That NMC goes away in 17 months. Then they can trade him to half the teams in the league without his permission.

If I were David Krejci and the writing was on the wall in terms of this team going younger, I'd want to be traded when I had control over the destination.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
As a kid i was lucky my favorite player terry oreilly became a lifetime bruin and i was never forced to see him traded. Even as he broke down at the end i got to enjoy him as my hero with my favorite team.

One of the first trades that hurt me was barry pederson. I guess i was around 13 or 14 at the time. I was so angry my bruins were trading their best player for someone i never heard of

And a pick

A few years later that pick was a pretty good defdnseman that wanted a new contract. I was around 20 by that time but you cant believe my rage when we let wesley go for 3 unknown picks

I hated both the pederson and the wesley trade because very good players i loved were being traded for stuff i didnt love

Its difficult as fans to understand sometimes trading our favorite heros is the right thing to do

Krejci and carlo might stay bruins forever... but i saw pederson and wesley get moved and it made our team better in both cases. I saw oreilly fall apart before my eyes and retire a bruin but that didnt make our team better
I am probably around your age as my favorite player was also Terry O'Reilly and grew up in Brooklyn NY wearing his jersey to both Islander games and Ranger games....I get your drift with the picks we received in those deals as i remember them both. That said, That was Harry Sinden. A master trader. This is scared Donnie and i dont trust him. Krejci was our best player last night i think. He is 31/32....He can be an integral part of this team for 3-4 more years...He helped get me my only cup as a Bruin fan that started following them in 73-74.....Krejci is such a great Bruin.

His greatness is so underappreciated here.....Too bad.

Reactions: TCB and trenton1

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That NMC goes away in 17 months. Then they can trade him to half the teams in the league without his permission.

If I were David Krejci and the writing was on the wall in terms of this team going younger, I'd want to be traded when I had control over the destination.
I hate the idea of trading Krejci without a good center coming back. Our lineup depth is much weaker when he's not in.

Reactions: trenton1

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

Guy was our best player last night and when healthy is probably our most crucial player.......
Going nowhere.

Reactions: northeastern

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I hate the idea of trading Krejci without a good center coming back. Our lineup depth is much weaker when he's not in.

one reason that I might be ok dealing krejci is just my personal belief pastrnak doesn't mesh well with either Bergeron or krejci. hes still ok with them because he is that good... but they don't bring out the best in him

so having another center that plays better with pastrnak would have to be at the core of any decision to move krejci imo. whether that means we give spooner a chance or just immediately bring in someone... I'm not sure

honestly I do strongly suspect jfk will be around next year. and I honestly do believe backes can play center. I'm not sure I want to bring in some high priced outsider if we don't need him longterm.

I hate the idea that spooner is given up without ever giving him a 10-20 game stretch of hockey where hes playing with talent in a top 6 role. when spooner/pastrnak/lucic were together a few years ago I was impressed.

now if we are cup contenders... we cant give up krejci... we cant take a chance on spooner... so that would kill that idea. but are we cup contenders? or are we still trying to make the final moves that might get us their?

I keep krejci because I think we are cup contenders... but I can understand why theres an argument to be made that he might be moved

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Right now without upsetting AOF about insider knowledge Bruins liking Krejci more than not liking Krejci and Krejci has indicated he likes it here. All I can say is one of my sources is flying from West Palm as I type and Harry Sinden isn't far away lol not that has anything to do with it (Harry coming home for Christmas and looking good for 80 something)

Sorry guys about the double Krejci whammy - hey it could change but as of today both sides very happy

Message Boards hate hearing this I know

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Selling Krejci now is selling low. His price tag is high, he's often injured and he has control over where he goes. I would be very surprised if anything they get back in a trade is more useful to the team than Krejci himself when healthy.

He's staying here until his contract or very least NMC is done.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
You just figuring this out....?

Again, Krejci has missed 48 games in the last four seasons....Not more then most players. The Krejci always hurt this is such bull%#$*.....
That’s 15% of the season the past four years according to your numbers. Assuming you aren’t including playoffs? And you’re also assuming the second he returns from injury there is no rust and he is 100% Krejci?

That’s more or less $1.1m cap hit per season he’s on the books for but not playing. Disclaimer: Krejci is a very good player when healthy, offensively the play flows through him, even when he’s not putting in the max effort. He’s effective. But he misses quite a bit of games. And it takes him time to adjust once returning from injury. Compare players who make 7m+ per year who miss 15% of their games the past 4 years. I bet the list is short.

Reactions: Strafer

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
That’s 15% of the season the past four years according to your numbers. Assuming you aren’t including playoffs? And you’re also assuming the second he returns from injury there is no rust and he is 100% Krejci?

That’s more or less $1.1m cap hit per season he’s on the books for but not playing. Disclaimer: Krejci is a very good player when healthy, offensively the play flows through him, even when he’s not putting in the max effort. He’s effective. But he misses quite a bit of games. And it takes him time to adjust once returning from injury. Compare players who make 7m+ per year who miss 15% of their games the past 4 years. I bet the list is short.
Played all 82 games last year. Just off the top of my head, Malkin, Stamkos, Parise, Letang,...And thats thinking about Thirty seconds.....I bet i can name 15 more.......It is his fault that Mike Richards knifes and jumps him......You guys just dont get it.....As Krejci goes, so go the Bruins....Thats a fact and you better find someone pretty special to replace him while you are all so fast to run him out of town because he has been a great player and especially when it counts.

Reactions: NDiesel

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Played all 82 games last year. Just off the top of my head, Malkin, Stamkos, Parise, Letang,...And thats thinking about Thirty seconds.....I bet i can name 15 more.......It is his fault that Mike Richards knifes and jumps him......You guys just dont get it.....As Krejci goes, so go the Bruins....Thats a fact and you better find someone pretty special to replace him while you are all so fast to run him out of town because he has been a great player and especially when it counts.
2011 was almost 7 years ago. Krejci needs to stay on the ice, he needs to be engaged. Can’t afford to have sulking Krejci. He needs to observe Bergeron and use him as motivation.

7.25m is a steep cap hit

Reactions: bbruins3

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I think that goes without saying. Nobody wants to move Krejci just for the sake of moving him.

I think it would be a mistake not to move him within the next two years. He's a good player right now, very good, but how many 33/34 year olds are worth $7.25m?

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
There is no need to trade away defensive talent right now. Does anyone remember where we were a few seasons ago? How about in 2013 when we couldn't replace Seidenberg and likely lost a cup for that exact reason?

When you have to debate whether the defense is strong enough to withstand losing a nightly player, that should tell you everything you want to know. Don't trade a player like Carlo unless we have proven that he has become expendable. We don't have any prospects even close to proving they can handle that load...especially with Chara's retirement looming.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I think that goes without saying. Nobody wants to move Krejci just for the sake of moving him.

I think it would be a mistake not to move him within the next two years. He's a good player right now, very good, but how many 33/34 year olds are worth $7.25m?
If the cap goes up to 82 million next season, probably a few players will be.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I don't think anyone is suggesting Krejci is a bad player and should be traded. However if I were GM I'd be open to listening to offers. He's a good player on a semi-bad contract. Chiarelli struck again. I take a quick peak over to Washington and see Nicklas Backstrom signed at 6.75m per, rarely misses a game, has better offensive numbers than Krejci, is younger (30), and has a modified NTC in his contract. Imo Krejci is a 5.5 - 6m player.

Again, Krejci isn't the problem on this team. But I see far too many posters proclaiming Krejci is untouchable. I'm okay with healthy Krejci. But I wouldn't flinch if he's moved in a package for a top-4 dman or a young potent scoring winger.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The problem with all this trade Krejci talk is the reasons everyone gives for him to be traded: semi-bad/bad contract, age, injury proneness, lack of effort, etc. If those are all true, what NHL team would want to take that on unless we are getting the screwed end of the deal? For the record I don't want him moved, he's a great player, but if he's an albatross for the Bruins, what deal do you think we'd get for him that would make a trade worthwhile?

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's this about Carlo not being as good as last year? I think he's been even better. Let's not make too much of the occasional glaring mistake. All players make them, and when they lead to goals they tend to get dwelled upon.
Brandon Carlo on November 25, 2019 about another 150 games from today will still be 22 years old.

I say this because someone said he was 22 now

He will figure things out and who has him from age 23-38 will be very happy

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Brandon Carlo on November 25, 2019 about another 150 games from today will still be 22 years old.

I say this because someone said he was 22 now

He will figure things out and who has him from age 23-38 will be very happy

F-in A right- because he has become a regular for us, it is easy to forget these aren't the old days where the average defenseman came into the system at 19-20 and spent 3-4 years in the AHL before getting a good look at the big club. Carlo is way ahead of the traditional curve here and his best is more than likely still a ways off.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
F-in A right- because he has become a regular for us, it is easy to forget these aren't the old days where the average defenseman came into the system at 19-20 and spent 3-4 years in the AHL before getting a good look at the big club. Carlo is way ahead of the traditional curve here and his best is more than likely still a ways off.

Hey, quit making sense. This bum has turned the puck over 3 times, doesn't fight all comers and sometimes only brushes his teeth once a day - get rid of him and Beleskey while their value is high for McJesus and Larsson. Oh yeah, forgot that our stupid GM can't execute a real hockey trade and our owner is a cheapskate - scrap that idea.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Is it all possible to pry Hanifin out of Carolina? IIRC they’re loaded with young dmen?

I’d guess the ask would be Pastrnak. Any chance a package of of youth/ picks gets Carolina’s attention?

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
USA TODAY: Kevin Allen weighs in on the recent speculation over the future of Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson.
Allen’s best guess is Karlsson gets traded next season and then goes on to test the UFA market, where he expects the Detroit Red Wings could make him “a monstrous offer.” He also doesn’t rule out the Rangers, Leafs, Boston Bruins or New Jersey Devils as possible free-agent destinations.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
USA TODAY: Kevin Allen weighs in on the recent speculation over the future of Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson.
Allen’s best guess is Karlsson gets traded next season and then goes on to test the UFA market, where he expects the Detroit Red Wings could make him “a monstrous offer.” He also doesn’t rule out the Rangers, Leafs, Boston Bruins or New Jersey Devils as possible free-agent destinations.
Eh not going to happen. I don't see how we could fit a $12m or so contract (that's where I think he will come in) without gutting our team.
If it would be for a rental (the 1 1/2 year he has left): hell no to that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kind of sad that at least a couple of the Canadiens teams are going to have financial trouble with the cap going up. Teams like Philadelphia, Boston, Rangers, and Chicago can bury salaries here in trades and get star players for young inexpensive ones. It can benefit Boston but the weakest link in a chain comes into play.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The problem with all this trade Krejci talk is the reasons everyone gives for him to be traded: semi-bad/bad contract, age, injury proneness, lack of effort, etc. If those are all true, what NHL team would want to take that on unless we are getting the screwed end of the deal? For the record I don't want him moved, he's a great player, but if he's an albatross for the Bruins, what deal do you think we'd get for him that would make a trade worthwhile?

I could just as easily flip this around on you. You said yourself, "I don't want him moved, he's a great player..."

Put Krejci on Vegas and he takes them to a whole other level. Put him on Columbus and he might put them over the top. Columbus' most productive center is on pace for 32 points- yet they're still one of the top teams in the East.

You don't think there would be GM's who'd be willing to risk not getting full value in years 3 and 4 for a chance to contend this year and next? I do. We see it every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad