Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Why are there speculations for Karlsson in terms of trade when you can sign him for zero assets when he hits the UFA market? It would legit agent be a waste to trade for him now, especially when all you have to do is pay him the astronomical value in the open market. No assets, no players, no picks, just sign the player when the time comes.

As far as EK65 goes, as I’ve said before, I’ll pass. Yes, he is absolutely a great, dynamic-player. But he’s also going to be 28-years old soon and will command one of the biggest contracts in the NHL. The Bruins already have a franchise-caliber RHD in McAvoy, they don’t need Karlsson. The future of the defense is here for the Bruins, and he’s 8-years younger than Karlsson.

The argument can be easily made that the Bruins would benefit by trading for a legitimate top-6 center rather than someone like Karlsson.

Reactions: Estlin

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If you're calling on Karlsson and the package doesn't include Pastrnak or (more likely) McAvoy, they hang up. So I wouldn't even call.

Karlsson is a phenomenal talent and McAvoy won't be as good as him, but he's 8 years younger and will be much more cap controlled. He also plays a much more rounded game. I really like him as our #1 guy going forward, I think he's as good of a defenseman to build around as any other one in this league. I don't see Karlsson declining anytime soon, but he's going to get at least 10 million, and that's only if he gives a team a discount. It won't be 12-13 million, but it'll at least be at the McDavid level.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
While the Karlson trade is probably not possible......

We must focus on Buffalo. They are one of the few teams where we could get what we need on both offense and defense. They are the perfect trade partners.

KANE and SCANDELLA....Boy if we could get these two in one swoop.

And get Pageau to upgrade third line.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I think Boston needs to deal Krug, with mcquaid coming back and Mcavoy and griz getting more confident each game I think krug is a good trade chip.

Remember to get a good player you'l have to deal one too.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
EXACTLY!

Could turn out to be no more than a 1.5 year rental.
Unlessthere is a preagreed upon multi year contract attached I stay away.

Offseason surgery has sapped Karlsson (1-18-19 through 25 games, 25:43 workload per outing) of some of his electricity. Anderson (8-10-3, 3.05 GAA, .897 save percentage), re-upped on Sept. 29 to a two-year, $9.5 million extension, is not playing like he will fulfill the term of his new deal. Boucher has not been able to squeeze as much performance from his players as he did last year.
That’s not even the bad part.
Karlsson is one of the bargains of the league, signed through 2019 for $6.5 million annually. As is his right, the 27-year-old will not accept a discount. But Karlsson did not do himself any favors with his employers when he discussed his next deal.

The reach and influence of Jack Parker - The Boston Globe

To me, he’s probably worth a significant payment that includes contingent picks if he re-signs.

Carlo, JFK, Spooner, a 3rd in 2018 and a first in 2019 if he re-signs here a 3rd if he doesn’t

For

Karlsson and a pick or prospect.

Even that may nit be enough, as there is typically someone that will offer more.

Philly?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If you're calling on Karlsson and the package doesn't include Pastrnak or (more likely) McAvoy, they hang up. So I wouldn't even call.

Karlsson is a phenomenal talent and McAvoy won't be as good as him, but he's 8 years younger and will be much more cap controlled. He also plays a much more rounded game. I really like him as our #1 guy going forward, I think he's as good of a defenseman to build around as any other one in this league. I don't see Karlsson declining anytime soon, but he's going to get at least 10 million, and that's only if he gives a team a discount. It won't be 12-13 million, but it'll at least be at the McDavid level.

Ya your probably right but I don't think any team would give up the likes of a McAvoy and Pasta in a package for Karlsson but you never know.

I do feel though the Bruins do have enough other assets to acquire him but it would take moving Krejci or Backus at some time in another deal to make it work contract wise.

Krug; Bruins would have to send some money back and thats Krug and he could help man Ott.pp until Chabot is ready.

Senyshyn: a Top Prospect and an Ottawa native

Heinen and DeBrusk
: young rookies who play the game the right way and are going to be around for the next 10-12yrs

Lauzon/Zboril/Lindgren/Carlo:- Four young potential top 4 defenseman

JFK and Donato:, two potential top 6 forwards

2018/19 1st rnd picks. Ottawa isn't going to have one in of these yrs so more than likely they'll be looking to land one.

So I'd say the Bruins do diffidently have the assets.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
ok, sure, but to who for what?

I think the Coyotes would be a great trade partner. I think they can take on salary as they are clearly in re build stage with some young players.

Plus I think Krug is a much cheaper option for the Yotes as OEL will be demanding big coin and cant imagine he will stay.

I think Stepan is an interesting player if your looking to compete in the next 2-3 years. He is having a down year but look where he is playing.

3 years at 6.5 million with limited NTC.

So what works for both teams, well I think first and foremost they need to take Belesky and will want some young players coming back. Vatrano is interesting as he could regain some touch and with more playing time could be a good fresh start.

To Coyotes: krug Belesky Vatrano and a 2nd rounder.

To Boston: stepan

I think a 2nd rounder plus Vatrano will help with the Belesky contract and who knows maybe Belesky finds some game.

Marhand Bergeron backes
Chelarik krecji pasta
Debrusk stepan Heinen
Schaller Nash accari

Chara Mcavoy
Miller Carlo
Griz mcquaid

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I think the Coyotes would be a great trade partner. I think they can take on salary as they are clearly in re build stage with some young players.

Plus I think Krug is a much cheaper option for the Yotes as OEL will be demanding big coin and cant imagine he will stay.

I think Stepan is an interesting player if your looking to compete in the next 2-3 years. He is having a down year but look where he is playing.

So what works for both teams, well I think first and foremost they need to take Belesky and will want some young players coming back. Vatrano is interesting as he could regain some touch and with more playing time could be a good fresh start.

I think a 2nd rounder plus Vatrano will help with the Belesky contract and who knows maybe Belesky finds some game.

Marhand Bergeron backes
Chelarik krecji pasta
Debrusk stepan Heinen
Schaller Nash accari

Bjork

Chara Mcavoy
Miller Carlo
Griz mcquaid

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I am probably around your age as my favorite player was also Terry O'Reilly and grew up in Brooklyn NY wearing his jersey to both Islander games and Ranger games....I get your drift with the picks we received in those deals as i remember them both. That said, That was Harry Sinden. A master trader. This is scared Donnie and i dont trust him. Krejci was our best player last night i think. He is 31/32....He can be an integral part of this team for 3-4 more years...He helped get me my only cup as a Bruin fan that started following them in 73-74.....Krejci is such a great Bruin.

His greatness is so underappreciated here.....Too bad.

That's awesome!!! The Icelanders must of loved you!

Grew up around the same time. Big OReilly fan! The man was a fanatic he'd wake-up in the middle of the night and start doing push-ups. Very few who've played the game has had his heart and determination.

I agree big time on Harry he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on a deal and made some dandy's. Of course he just had to deal with Jacobs and not Jacobs and the Salary cap as Sweeney does but Jacobs has become a lot more compliant since Harry's days.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'd still do the Backes deal I don't think they make the playoffs without him - he's still pretty good to me one of the problems with this place is few can separate the player and the contract

As for Beleskey I'm guilty as charged and as the only member here who liked the signing I am in awe at all the brilliant Bruins fans who didn't like it - I didn't see it so very impressed by the Bruins fans

Just curious what are all the mistakes by Pro Scouting? And isn't Bradley and JFJ key components of Pro Scouting

Rinaldo was a fourth liner at best and means nothing and a guy like Schaller rubs it out

Anyone who can only give me Rinaldo gets my trap door of fake Bruins knowledge

Riley Nash was an excellent signing

Dominic Moore was a super pick up and Rinaldo wasn't but all I hear about is a bunch of whiney *****ss on Rinaldo and 0.0 on Nash or Moore who actually played on the #1 PK and provided leadership

Oh, but they signed Rinaldo ..whah whah whah :cry:
I'd think at this point you may also be the only one would still do the Backes deal. The guy shows up about every third game or so and even when he does show up he's far from a force out there. Add to this three more years after this one? It's almost Belesky bad.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'd still do the Backes deal I don't think they make the playoffs without him - he's still pretty good to me one of the problems with this place is few can separate the player and the contract

As for Beleskey I'm guilty as charged and as the only member here who liked the signing I am in awe at all the brilliant Bruins fans who didn't like it - I didn't see it so very impressed by the Bruins fans

Just curious what are all the mistakes by Pro Scouting? And isn't Bradley and JFJ key components of Pro Scouting

Rinaldo was a fourth liner at best and means nothing and a guy like Schaller rubs it out

Anyone who can only give me Rinaldo gets my trap door of fake Bruins knowledge

Riley Nash was an excellent signing

Dominic Moore was a super pick up and Rinaldo wasn't but all I hear about is a bunch of whiney *****ss on Rinaldo and 0.0 on Nash or Moore who actually played on the #1 PK and provided leadership

Oh, but they signed Rinaldo ..whah whah whah :cry:

we know I normally support most bruin deals... I never begged for belesky or rinaldo but I had hopes they would work out

I did beg for backes... probably mentioned him at least 30 times over the years as a guy I felt would be the perfect winger for Bergeron/marchand. of course I thought Eriksson would also work out there. its strange these guys known for their defense don't mesh with Bergeron

I never liked the liles deal from day 1 and felt unhappy everyday he was here. in truth I don't like very many of the rental deals they made over the years

but in the grand scheme of things none of us are perfect. ive seen all the main posters here speak up or against moves this team made and be wrong. its funny every single one of us posters are allowed to get it wrong but we still come here and pretend we know everything... and yet we want to criticize every single move the team makes as though they need to be perfect

at the end of the day results speak for themselves. with 31 teams in the nhl we know that at least half the teams cant win the cup in the next 15 years. its impossible. winning a cup in the next 15 years is beating the odds.

we won just 6 years ago.. we got to the finals just 4 years ago... that's success. that's doing something right. that's beating the odds

I didn't like half the moves made as we put together our cup winner. I didn't like trading stuart for ference... didn't like trading for recchi... didn't like wheeler for peverly... didn't see the need for Kelly... didn't like letting kessel go...

but ultimately I was wrong. those series of moves brought us a cup. the team was right

it taught me some humility. I might not like every single move the team makes but I don't know the big plan. I have to show some faith. as a fan faith and support are all I have to offer. so my team deserves it.

go bruins go

Reactions: WJCJ

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
I'd think at this point you may also be the only one would still do the Backes deal. The guy shows up about every third game or so and even when he does show up he's far from a force out there. Add to this three more years after this one? It's almost Belesky bad.

Not the only one, I'd do it too. I really could care less about the contract because, who's kidding who, nobody is worth 50 times/100 times/3000 times what the average person earns to play a game. Saving lives, bettering humankind, writing unbelievably coherent posts on a hockey forum - sure they deserve it, athletes/actors/CEO's/investment bankers/that jerk I knew in high school - not so sure.

I also get the fact that this is a salary cap league and there are obvious implications but again it is not stopping the team from competing or dealing if they need to. Sure there will have to be some creativity, so what, nobody thinks Sweeney can make a deal anyways so the point is apparently moot on these boards.

Signing him does show: a) Bruins are open for free agency and willing to pay for past performance and character
b) Adds another leader to mentor all the upcoming youth - this is invaluable
c) Understands value and costs of acquiring talent without having to give up assets
d) Guy loves puppies, only heartless people don't like puppies​

As DKH states most can't separate the player and contract. He was arguably one of the best Bruins in last years playoffs and if he is in that category for all 5 years of his deal, I'm more than good.

Don't like the contract - lobby to change the system and cap free agency $'s - problem solved

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I like the player and didnt hate the deal. The fact that he isn't playing third line center is the problem I have. Signing him to that kind of money to play RW makes that contract very inflated IMO.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As far as Karlsson he has shown me too many red flags this season to make a huge investment money/prospects wise.

I'm not sure if his small stature is just breaking down or he's just miserable in Ottawa but he doesn't look like the same aggressive, dominant force he's been.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yah probably but even though I have a lot of posts and throw a lot of crap against the walls in the end I am a baseball first, football second, and hockey third.

I love the Bruins but hockey in general doesn't have enough scoring or fighting and I'd rather watch the Astros play the Yankees or Sea Hawks get bludgeoned by the Rams.

I also enjoy hating on NFL owners and the NHL doesn't give me that

So if I'm the only Backes guy here understand Brent I'm only keeping one eye on the Bruins and if you guys say he Sucks I would put more value on that

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Yah probably but even though I have a lot of posts and throw a lot of crap against the walls in the end I am a baseball first, football second, and hockey third.

I love the Bruins but hockey in general doesn't have enough scoring or fighting and I'd rather watch the Astros play the Yankees or Sea Hawks get bludgeoned by the Rams.

I also enjoy hating on NFL owners and the NHL doesn't give me that

So if I'm the only Backes guy here understand Brent I'm only keeping one eye on the Bruins and if you guys say he Sucks I would put more value on that
Nobody said he sucks. His contract does.

He was a total no-show last night. That seems to happen a little too often. Aside from his first game back, he hasn't done much of anything. Also, wasn't he considered tough in St Louis? Haven't seen much of that here. I guess coming back that soon is considered tough, but I kinda want to see it on the ice for once.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
ok, sure, but to who for what?
Till 2015 it was Marchand and a first round pick for Kane

Every year it showed up when Marchand got suspended or fined

Whatever the deal is HF posters demand Bjork 'must' be added

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

He was a total no-show last night. That seems to happen a little too often. Aside from his first game back, he hasn't done much of anything. Also, wasn't he considered tough in St Louis? Haven't seen much of that here. I guess coming back that soon is considered tough, but I kinda want to see it on the ice for once.

His toughness on the ice is evident every night that I watch him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I didn't watch St Louis Blues - Rams & Cardinals yes

Not sure if he's supposed to be tough

I know he likes to save animals

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
His toughness on the ice is evident every night that I watch him.
Really? I'm just not seeing it. His toughness is similar to Kevan Miller in that he'll occasionally drop his gloves with either a smaller guy or a non-fighter and most likely lose. Classic spot pickers. I can't say I've seen much hitting either. I also haven't seen evidence of all this leadership he was supposed to bring, either. Looking back on it, I wish we'd left him for someone else.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Marhand Bergeron backes
Chelarik krecji pasta
Debrusk stepan Heinen
Schaller Nash accari

Chara Mcavoy
Miller Carlo
Griz mcquaid

I don't know how you're not being completely raked over the coals for this offer. Krug is producing better offense by himself as a defenceman than Stepan. I wouldn't touch that deal one-for-one. Crazybad.

Reactions: DrJustice

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
That Backes contract is God awful. If he was a free agent today I’d offer him $4m per season for max 2 years. I like the player and I like his heart, but that was a bad signing. That has PR move written all over it.

At the moment they offered 5 years, $6m per. I’d have offered 4 years, $5m per, max. He probably wouldn’t have taken it, and that would have been just fine. Oh well...at least he’s not Beleskey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad