Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
The season just started and we're still not healthy. No one knows exactly what we are or where we're going. The team is winning, wait for the deadline.
Season just started? Haven't they played like 27 games? Wait for the deadline? For what, Lee Stempniak? I'm only talking about a couple role players. Our core guys and youngsters are great.

Reactions: Strafer

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Season just started? Haven't they played like 27 games? Wait for the deadline? For what, Lee Stempniak? I'm only talking about a couple role players. Our core guys and youngsters are great.
27 games in and we're gelling. Why frig with it? I like impact trades as much as as anyone, but be patient with the kids they are all getting better.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
27 games in and we're gelling. Why frig with it? I like impact trades as much as as anyone, but be patient with the kids they are all getting better.
Adding a couple bangers isn't exactly making an impact trade. Well, not for other GMs anyways.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Seriously people?? How many times does a moderator have to come on here and tell everyone to stay on topic?

This is a thread for Bruins trade rumours and proposals.

It is NOT a thread to bitch about the draft, Don Sweeney’s “failures”, former players... and (possibly least of all) Matt f***ing Barzal.

I HATE handing out infractions, especially to good posters who know better. Please, for the love of Holy Christmas, don't put me or any of this moderating team in that position... Especially when it's so clearly easy to avoid.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Adding a couple bangers isn't exactly making an impact trade. Well, not for other GMs anyways.
Is your favourite player Wilson, Martin types?
Dan Paille was a 1st round pick who “played in the NHL”, doesn’t make him a good 1st round pick. I never said they were “busts”. My point is, Sweeney had 3 whacks in a row, and consensus picks at his spots were picked later and are contributing at the NHL level. While his guys aren’t. Maybe, MAYBE in 2-3 years Senshyn & co. are roster regulars? Connor and Barzal already are however.

Hamilton was/ is a *****. So was Gretzky, so was Lemieux, so was Yzerman, Sakic, Coffey, etc... doesn’t mean it’s ok if they were traded for a 1st and (2) 2nds. You can dislike Hamilton (& his parents meddling) all you want, it still doesn’t make it ok for Sweeney to trade one of the NHL’s young premier offensive defenseman for a “meh” package.
I don't think Hamilton wanted to be a Bruin. So be it.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Rask looking sharp

Rooks contributing

McQuaid back soon (toughness)

No need to make a panick move. Young players only going to improve. Sweeney has a boatload of prospects. As season progresses and teams fall out of playoff picture, they’ll come sniffing around Sweeney. He’ll make a move when it makes sense. Until then, hold tight and enjoy the show.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Rask looking sharp

Rooks contributing

McQuaid back soon (toughness)

No need to make a panick move. Young players only going to improve. Sweeney has a boatload of prospects. As season progresses and teams fall out of playoff picture, they’ll come sniffing around Sweeney. He’ll make a move when it makes sense. Until then, hold tight and enjoy the show.
Why is the idea of a trade to improve the team called a “panic move” by folks who don’t want to see kids moved? When this team was losing you could credibly call a move a panic move, if in fact they made a dumb trade. But now? How would Sweeney be “panicking” by trying to improve the team? Last I checked that was the job description.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Why is the idea of a trade to improve the team called a “panic move” by folks who don’t want to see kids moved? When this team was losing you could credibly call a move a panic move, if in fact they made a dumb trade. But now? How would Sweeney be “panicking” by trying to improve the team? Last I checked that was the job description.
Because it can be to soon when a team any team or players are finding their way. Joe Thornton traded way earlier than this point of the season and he goes on and wins the MVP

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wonder if there's a trade with Ottawa. Despite being in the same division, I think the 2 franchises probably could find a deal. Specially if it's roster players from there coming here, and prospects heading back that way.

Pageau anyone? I'd love him at 3C. 200 foot game too. I'd give up quite a few prospects to get him too. Plus I guess something to make the cap work. At 3.1m he's got a pretty cap friendly deal too.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Wonder if there's a trade with Ottawa. Despite being in the same division, I think the 2 franchises probably could find a deal. Specially if it's roster players from there coming here, and prospects heading back that way.

Pageau anyone? I'd love him at 3C. 200 foot game too. I'd give up quite a few prospects to get him too. Plus I guess something to make the cap work. At 3.1m he's got a pretty cap friendly deal too.
Id definitely like Pageau here for sure. I wouldnt give up a few good prospects for him though? Spooner one for one is what I'd do. Don't know if that helps them but it definitely helps us.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Because it can be to soon when a team any team or players are finding their way. Joe Thornton traded way earlier than this point of the season and he goes on and wins the MVP
So if you make a trade before Christmas it’s a panic trade? At what date on the calendar is it no longer a panic trade?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is your favourite player Wilson, Martin types?

I don't think Hamilton wanted to be a Bruin. So be it.
He had zero say. His mother didn't want him to be a Bruins after Chiarelli wouldn't trade for his older brother.

Can't really blame her not wanting to take care of her kids

In the end he got same contract in Canada and his brother as well

Mother of the year :handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So if you make a trade before Christmas it’s a panic trade? At what date on the calendar is it no longer a panic trade?
The key word is panic

I don't see a panic situation as of this morning or any reason to make a deal unless it's one sided

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Id definitely like Pageau here for sure. I wouldnt give up a few good prospects for him though? Spooner one for one is what I'd do. Don't know if that helps them but it definitely helps us.

Spooner makes sense but we'd have to include a pick, personally I'd do spooner and Vatrano, offsets the cap hit and Ottawa gets better value for a better player that just spooner (last I remember anyways)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Other than the rare disgruntled player (Duchene), which team will make players available in early December? Most wait until they’re completely out of playoff race before they attempt to sell.

The only teams looking to make moves now are GM’s looking to clear salary and rebuild, ex. Detroit? Ottawa has an internal budget but don’t make good trade partners with Sweeney because they most likely aren’t taking salary back (Beleskey).

I’d love for someone to propose a realistic trade here where Sweeney doesn’t get bent over a barrel

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Little premature to declare them busts especially when all look like they have the requisite skills to play in the NHL

Hamilton is a world class pusssy with the **** he and his mother pulled on Boston

I hate the puke because of it

My lasting image is that 6'5" ginger feather getting abused by Nathan Gerbe

I agree.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA

He was probably hit with a real dose of pro hockey reality when he started in the AHL. He went from being the go to scorer without much other responsibility in junior to learning to play a 2way game in the pros. He will only benefit from this. The days of taking the puck outside and burning the poor dman every single time are gone. If he's got the willingness to play in the dirty areas, like Debrusk, it should pay off for him.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The key word is panic

I don't see a panic situation as of this morning or any reason to make a deal unless it's one sided

But if there's no "need" to make a trade, and thus they shouldn't make one until there is a "need", wouldn't that trade then be a "panic" trade as their need will clearly be known?

I ask these questions because when the team was struggling and also had some injuries, some guys defended inaction by saying he shouldn't trade when they're losing as it would be a panic move. I've never put any stock in that argument, but it still seemed to imply that the time to make a trade is when you're winning, which I generally agree with. And now they're on a little roll, and now we hear a trade now would ALSO be "panic" because they don't "need" anything?

My point is simple. This is not a perfect team, and like any team, it can improve. If I were GM I'd be using windows like this where all the prospects look good to try to make trades to improve the roster. I wouldn't assume all my rookies were going to continue on the same trajectory - I would trust my scouting team and if any of these guys are maybe punching above their weight, I'd try to capitalize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad