Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Belesky and Sponner and Vatrano for Brett Richie Dallas Star Power Foward 6 ft 3 215 lbs right wing natural

My line up : Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Kreci Ritchie ( Ritchie protect Kreci and Debrusk ) very good player
Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Bjork

Chara McAvoy Krug Carlo Grzelcyk Miller

Mcquaid Cehlarik and Acciari

Rask kudo
I would do it and even throw in Schaller. The question is why would Dallas want to do this?

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Holiday roster freeze December 19 to the 27.

Bruins games in that time
At Buffalo
vs Winnipeg
vs Detroit
vs Ottawa

The only movement I am expecting before the 19th is one or two guys sent to Providence.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Belesky and Sponner and Vatrano for Brett Richie Dallas Star Power Foward 6 ft 3 215 lbs right wing natural

Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Bjork

Rask kudo

That isn't bad if you find a way to add Roussell or McKenzie and replace Schaller with them.

I would find a way to put McQuaid in

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I didn't want Duchene but I will cut you a break... the kid is obviously talented

but the whole Duchene thing illustrates a greater point that ive been arguing on for the past 10-15 years here... and that's where guys can get broken by their situations... guys can become losers if exposed to losing for too long... if they become conditioned to accepting losing, they more likely than not, will be losers wherever they go imo

its interesting that when I look at rnh... I feel I see signs that he hasn't been damaged beyond repair yet in Edmonton. I might be wrong about that. I try to hear what guys say in their little interviews... I try to watch patterns of their play on the ice... its no exact science to be sure and I have been wrong about guys I thought would never become winners.

phil kessel might not fit my example perfectly since he started in a winning enviorment in boston... but he seams to be more of a team player now that he was earlier in his career... I might have to give him props.

I do think character of the player is far more important than the analytics people will say. the analytics people might argue a guy like Duchene is so fast... and he excels in some particular statistical category... but to me, I just really saw some major character concerns with him. it isn't at all surprising to me that he hasn't caught on in Ottawa.

at the same time... he Is very talented. if he suddenly puts up 20 points in the next 20 games tht wouldn't terribly surprise me either

I just don't think that he has the X factor to be a leader to a winning situation in Ottawa or anywhere else

Indeed. And this is why having pure, straight-up winners like Bergeron, Chara etc. teaching our kids how to approach the game is the reason the B's have a chance to succeed for many years when the prospects start to filter through (as they already are doing). A winning culture is everything.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
That isn't bad if you find a way to add Roussell or McKenzie and replace Schaller with them.

I would find a way to put McQuaid in
I like Roussell. Kid has grit and toughness and can play a little too. Believe he plays the PK for them too. Free agent at the end of year that could be a very good addition to the 4th line. Maybe even move up for a game or 2 cause of injuries.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I like Roussell. Kid has grit and toughness and can play a little too. Believe he plays the PK for them too. Free agent at the end of year that could be a very good addition to the 4th line. Maybe even move up for a game or 2 cause of injuries.

Sad part is Bruins had him on a pto in providence years ago and let him go

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Bjork

Rask kudo

While I agree with your proposal, I think that we would have to add in a reasonably good-great
prospect besides Spooner and Vatramp. I don't know what Dallas needs but the Bruins would have to dangle someone more than those two IMO, and adding in Beleskey is not an "addition" in any way for Dallas. Also, I like Ritchie, don't know if he could spot in at center if Krejci goes down with an injury but that would be a big plus. So, all in all a good trade but we would need to offer more.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I am guilty. I wanted to trade Heinen (plus Carlo) for Ducshene or Landeskog.
Heinen is proving to be quite the prospect. Imagine if my stupid offer went through and we were stuck with an underperforming Matt Duschene and a weak defence to boot.

That's why I post and am not paid to be GM.

BTW, all those people who are bashing the Barzal draft misque, history shows that there were a lot of other teams who made the same mistake.

Reactions: PB37

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Bjork

Rask kudo

I dunno man. I saw a lot of Texas Stars games when Brett was coming up. Big, but there is no way he belongs in Boston's top 6 anymore than Matt Beleskey does. Bigger than Beleskey, but less effort. Kinda like if you split the difference between Jimmy Hayes and Matt Beleskey. Actually, thats exactly who he is.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I dunno man. I saw a lot of Texas Stars games when Brett was coming up. Big, but there is no way he belongs in Boston's top 6 anymore than Matt Beleskey does. Bigger than Beleskey, but less effort. Kinda like if you split the difference between Jimmy Hayes and Matt Beleskey. Actually, thats exactly who he is.

Pretty much.

He's got 3 goals and 3 assist this year. Took him until game 22 to get his 2nd goal of the year.

Averages 10:33 a night, 11th in ATOI among Dallas's 12 regular forwards.

Averages 2 hits a game, doesn't kill penalties. Has had a total of 3 NHL fights in 142 games.

So basically a 4th line RW who doesn't kill penalties, doesn't score much (despite some PP time), hits a bit, and rarely fights.

The thought that this guy can play in Boston's top 6 is laughable.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
This may not be one of the flashier names out there but what about Blake Comeau? He’s a UFA at the end of the year making 2.4 so definitely affordable.

You know, he’s just a solid vet, pker and grinder. He’s up there with the best of them in hits with Kane, Anderson and Forbot so he’ll provide a little jam. 6-7-13 for the year. 64% defensive zone starts with a +3. He plays left wing but is a right hand shot and can take some draws.

He just seems like a great bottom 6 guy that could provide some stability for the playoffs.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
This may not be one of the flashier names out there but what about Blake Comeau? He’s a UFA at the end of the year making 2.4 so definitely affordable.

You know, he’s just a solid vet, pker and grinder. He’s up there with the best of them in hits with Kane, Anderson and Forbot so he’ll provide a little jam. 6-7-13 for the year. 64% defensive zone starts with a +3. He plays left wing but is a right hand shot and can take some draws.

He just seems like a great bottom 6 guy that could provide some stability for the playoffs.
This is a guy I like. I think he's been on quite a few teams now. Isles, Avs, etc. He's got to be like 35?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Seems like he'd be a good cheap rental add at the deadline if Colorado are out of it.

Hits, kill penalties, 13 points this far the year. He'd certainly be an upgrade over any of Schaller, Kuraly, or Acciari.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Seems like he'd be a good cheap rental add at the deadline if Colorado are out of it.

Hits, kill penalties, 13 points this far the year. He'd certainly be an upgrade over any of Schaller, Kuraly, or Acciari.
Agree on Acciari and Schaller, but I like Kuraly. Maybe Commeau and Kuraly on the same line?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Done. I like all three of them! All three are also capable of moving up a line of two.

The Nash we've seen the last 7 games I can tolerate. He provides more value in the middle than he does on the wing.

Kuraly on the other hand, while is fine as a part-time C, his tunnel-vision with the puck hurts and he'd be a more effective winger IMO, going north-south, would also give him more free-reign to use his speed and hustle on the forecheck with less responsibility in the neutral and defensive zones.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I stand corrected anyway! I thought that Ritchie was a wrecking machine when the B's played them a few times here and there over the last few years. I amend what I said before to "why would the Bruins do that ?!?!?!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I stand corrected anyway! I thought that Ritchie was a wrecking machine when the B's played them a few times here and there over the last few years. I amend what I said before to "why would the Bruins do that ?!?!?!

Inconsistent. I’ll admit I don’t catch as many stars games since moving back north so maybe he has found that consistency. Stat line doesn’t seem to indicate that.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Who would sign up to 2 1's, Krug + Spooner for Karlsson + DiDomenico (with Karlsson agreeing up front to a 7-8 year 11M deal in BOS)?

OTT get's to rebuild but NHL caliber players on reasonable contracts to fill gaps in interim. We give a lot with the 2 1's but would be setup for the next 8 years with Karlsson / McAvoy / Carlo / Miller as top 4 when Chara moves on and cost controlled guys for the mid 6 and bottom pair roles. We can recoup a 1st / 2nd at the deadline or draft with assets we have... Cap wise I believe it could work with Bjork, Heinen and Carlo on bridge deals, leaving enough to get McAvoy long term on a strong deal like Pasta... Byt hte time bridge deals are up we would have Krejci and Backes coming off their deals. Even if we have busts in the minors we should have enough depth and cap flex to find good middle 6 players.

Would set up the backend for the next 8 years injuries permitting and give that stability that Chara provided the past decade as a rock there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad