Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would do it but Ottawa will not, also this would have to be in the offseason as it wouldn't fit under the cap no?

They're asking for Mac and pasta back, especially after the duchene debacle

Even if they made the deal tomorrow, and then re-signed him to an 8-year extension, Bruins would be looking at having Karlsson from ages 27.5 until age 36-37.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have McAvoy the next 7 years (if not longer) from ages 20-28, than Karlsson from age 27-36.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Who would sign up to 2 1's, Krug + Spooner for Karlsson + DiDomenico (with Karlsson agreeing up front to a 7-8 year 11M deal in BOS)?

OTT get's to rebuild but NHL caliber players on reasonable contracts to fill gaps in interim. We give a lot with the 2 1's but would be setup for the next 8 years with Karlsson / McAvoy / Carlo / Miller as top 4 when Chara moves on and cost controlled guys for the mid 6 and bottom pair roles. We can recoup a 1st / 2nd at the deadline or draft with assets we have... Cap wise I believe it could work with Bjork, Heinen and Carlo on bridge deals, leaving enough to get McAvoy long term on a strong deal like Pasta... Byt hte time bridge deals are up we would have Krejci and Backes coming off their deals. Even if we have busts in the minors we should have enough depth and cap flex to find good middle 6 players.

Would set up the backend for the next 8 years injuries permitting and give that stability that Chara provided the past decade as a rock there...
First of all that’s not enough to trade for Karlsson. Secondly, you’re proposing Kevan Miller as a top-4 dman. You’re also proposing 4 RH shooting dmen as Boston’s top-4.

No thanks

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
First of all that’s not enough to trade for Karlsson. Secondly, you’re proposing Kevan Miller as a top-4 dman. You’re also proposing 4 RH shooting dmen as Boston’s top-4.

No thanks

Not commenting on the trade but I liked Miller on the left playing with Carlo. Thought he did a good job.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Karlsson has not played well at all this year, still recovering from last year's injury. Would hold off any trade talk until the " old " Karlsson returns.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Sad part is Bruins had him on a pto in providence years ago and let him go
Come on..... that's not really very sad. Antoine Roussel is not the kind of player you look back on and think "damn..... if only we had AR." Jesus -- this place is nuts sometimes.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Come on..... that's not really very sad. Antoine Roussel is not the kind of player you look back on and think "damn..... if only we had AR." Jesus -- this place is nuts sometimes.

Really, because they don't need a tough third line winger that would have been a good free agent pick up and cost them nothing? Roussel is just the type of player they need for the bottom 6.

Reactions: Strafer

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would do it but Ottawa will not, also this would have to be in the offseason as it wouldn't fit under the cap no?

They're asking for Mac and pasta back, especially after the duchene debacle

Exactly. Ottawa does not trade Karlsson without it being a home run for them. Not a hope in hell we would give what it takes to get him and it's even less likely that either team would want to move those kinds of assets within the division. Karlsson isn't coming our way for Krug and a couple of firsts -- firsts that would be closer to early seconds anyway.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Really, because they don't need a tough third line winger that would have been a good free agent pick up and cost them nothing? Roussel is just the type of player they need for the bottom 6.
I'm not saying he is garbage and that he wouldn't be a decent bottom 6. You just continually say how Boston management is crap. If you're going to suggest then that losing Roussel from a PTO four or five years ago is "sad" then I call BS. Minor transaction surrounding an add on player at best from five years ago.

If that's the standard you are going to hold a GM to, then Stan Bowman would have been sh** management.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Even if they made the deal tomorrow, and then re-signed him to an 8-year extension, Bruins would be looking at having Karlsson from ages 27.5 until age 36-37.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have McAvoy the next 7 years (if not longer) from ages 20-28, than Karlsson from age 27-36.

I'll do it...I'll call you crazy. Well actually not crazy, but I'd rather have Karlsson 27-36 than McAvoy 20-28. However, I wouldn't want to lose McAvoy from 28-37, so I wouldn't make that deal. However, end of the day I'd probably offer Carlo and Pasta for Karlsson. Might not be enough and I'd hate to lose Pasta, but I think the Bruins win that trade if they make it.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm not saying he is garbage and that he wouldn't be a decent bottom 6. You just continually say how Boston management is crap. If you're going to suggest then that losing Roussel from a PTO four or five years ago is "sad" then I call BS. Minor transaction surrounding an add on player at best from five years ago.

If that's the standard you are going to hold a GM to, then Stan Bowman would have been sh** management.

Well management is awful, but that was another group and I wasn't blaming management. My "sad" was more this is what we need, had it and let him go for nothing.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

A bunch of bad minor transactions/scouting/player decisions has lead to the Bruins having a lack of depth in the middle-aged (23-28) year old pool.

AR by itself, you win some, you lose some. I think we just had a lot of losing in terms of scouting and player management. Enough that I think we could have kept pace being a contender had we even had a few more wins than loses (in terms of players and play management).

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

I agree. I would reserve that statement for Barzal. One of those three picks, just one.

Reactions: Strafer

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Cody Ceci is rumored to be available. Any interest in him? I think he could eat a lot of minutes on the blue line.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Let's get Krejci a nice toy for a playoff run. The rookies have been good but we aren't as far off as people think. If we add a rental top 6 winger then I like what I'm seeing.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Let's get Krejci a nice toy for a playoff run. The rookies have been good but we aren't as far off as people think

Speaking of Ottawa, Hoffman is available. He would look great on Krejci's left.

Our rookies are great, let them dominate the bottom 6 matchups against other teams. If they can do that, no one can beat our top line, and it'll be tough to beat a 30 goal scorer with a healthy Krejci.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
why are we even considering a team in division, much less the SAME team which ended your season, what advantage does that show, cap implications or not

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Let's get Krejci a nice toy for a playoff run. The rookies have been good but we aren't as far off as people think. If we add a rental top 6 winger then I like what I'm seeing.

I dunno if we need to.

I know I'm really pushing my luck....but Debrusk reminds me of a quicker version of Lucic. They've really created some great chemistry together and feel like Debrusk can be a consistent 20goal scorer.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

What about a guy like Mark Stone from OTT ?
Better yet HOFFMAN ???

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Speaking of Ottawa, Hoffman is available. He would look great on Krejci's left.

Our rookies are great, let them dominate the bottom 6 matchups against other teams. If they can do that, no one can beat our top line, and it'll be tough to beat a 30 goal scorer with a healthy Krejci.
If we can get this SNIPER we need to do it and yes, him and Krejci would be purely deadly....I would trade them Cehlarik and a second for Hoffman. No doubt.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They have 6 winger spots in the top 9.

Marchand, Pastrnak, Heinen and Backes have 4 of the six on lockdown. That leaves DeBrusk, Bjork, Vatrano, and Cehlarik fighting over the last two spots with DeBrusk and Bjork in the lead. If you add another winger for Krejci (not a bad idea on its own), one of DeBrusk or Bjork doesn't have a home. Which is fine if you are making a real upgrade. But, better to include one of those guys in the deal and get a real upgrade. Also, have to consider cap.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Hoffman is interesting, however some Ottawa fans are saying he has looked disinterested out there at times this season which is a worry of mine. His addition would definitely add another scoring threat to the lineup which is always welcomed.

I am more interested in Brassard though. Bergeron, Krejci, and Brassard down the middle would be fantastic and in case of injury, Brassard is more than capable of moving up the lineup. It allows DeBrusk, Bjork, and Heinen to play in the top 9 as well. A lot of teams that need a center like Montreal will probably be willing to outbid the Bruins as those teams' need is more than the luxury of adding a player like Brassard for the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad