Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
There is a rumor out there that the Sens, Colorado and Preds almost had a 3 way deal for Duchene, Turris, White were mentioned and Chabot's name too. We have nothing like that to match to get Duchene and I would like him as a 2nd center, so we have to be in the game talent wise to get considered. For sure it has to be Carlo and who else, who knows. It has to include salary but our guys Spooner are injured, maybe Beleskey is being shopped.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
They've come this far it only makes sense to stand pat and ride it out right now. For a team not trying to win anything yet, expending assets for a short term fix is a waste. Also pending how serious the Krejci and Backes situations are in terms of months lets see what we can little we can get for guys not in the plan going forward and get as many ping pong balls as we can.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
At this point you have to believe Sweeney is happy with a team that when fully healthy can compete but is paper thin in the depth department and must depend on young kids to win games...And the Young kids have seemed to disappear the last few games....

But the bottom line is ownership is happy at the sellouts every game, and the beer is 11 bucs a cup........Sweeney has a Pope like hold on the job so he does not care to make the team better.....The team is what it is and they dont care which way it goes....

By now it is safe to say....Even a guarantee to say that Sweeney is the PUPPET on strings and thats the way they want it. It is safe to say they dont care if they win or not.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
At this point you have to believe Sweeney is happy with a team that when fully healthy can compete but is paper thin in the depth department and must depend on young kids to win games...And the Young kids have seemed to disappear the last few games....

But the bottom line is ownership is happy at the sellouts every game, and the beer is 11 bucs a cup........Sweeney has a Pope like hold on the job so he does not care to make the team better.....The team is what it is and they dont care which way it goes....

By now it is safe to say....Even a guarantee to say that Sweeney is the PUPPET on strings and thats the way they want it. It is safe to say they dont care if they win or not.
Give me a break.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
was my thornton proposal worst than the one we ended up getting? the one I remember you and I debating... was

thornton to phoenix for roenick and tkachuk
but also
Allison to Philadelphia for Lindros and leclair

my plan was to have

Guerin/roenick/tkachuk
samsonov/Lindros/leclair

it was... swing at the fences type proposal... it might not have worked... but what did we get instead... and was it better?

ive been accused of selling low here for 15 years... 95% of the response I get to my proposals is I'm selling low. but how many of my proposals look better once we see what we really get?

fans say... the thornton trade didn't get enough... the seguin trade... the lucic trade... the Hamilton and boychuk trades... the kessel trade even... not enough... not enough

where is the pattern here? are fans normally not happy with the return? I know most of us are happy with the barry Pederson trade but on the day it was made I HATED IT! I'm a fan too... I often feel its not enough. but personally I think I have been happy with more trades than not

I remember being happy with kevin stevens... with al iafrate... with other trades that turned out bad but I liked at the time they were made

you give me too much credit when you say you would trust me... I know you are just having fun... but its still too much credit. my watching hockey doesn't make me infallible. but then again I'm like you in a way... I don't need to claim to be infallible. I don't think anyone else is infallible either. I don't see very many example of people that are right more than 50% of the time

if the average success rate is 50% and that's what I believe in... I'm willing to accept I'm wrong 50% of the time without feeling shame. I'm willing to let others be wrong 50% of the time before I blow a gasket

would trading heinen be 50% wrong? I mean... I love going back over history and heaven knows that most trades result in a winner and loser... in most trades there is someone that was wrong

but I'm also a big picture person. I don't think you need to win every single battle in order to win a war.

if we didn't have an ABUNDENCE of TOO MANY similar guys competing for TOO FEW spots... id feel much more gun shy about suggesting trading one or two to fill a hole

but we do have too many similar guys... and we do have holes. Is my trade idea the best one? probably not... but I'm not able to call the other gms and ask what is available or what they want.

I do defend my idea as one I think would help... getting cap space will help. adding 4th line experienced grit will help. a defensive responsible 3rd line center with size will help

I will trust my hockey knowledge enough to be certain of that

is the price too high? that's the question I like to debate... and I respect your position that you want to keep heinen. always enjoy being able to discuss these things

but at the end of the day... I want to trade some of the kids before they whither on the vine and die. it was more fun seeing peter kalus turn into mark recchi than it was having Jordan knight just go poof into the past
I've read you long enough to know you know more than me

Don't worry

You need only look at my Kalus over Krejci HF rant

Kalus went for Manny Fernandez

And DKH is an acronym for Don't Know Hockey

All you need to know

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

You are pulling more than toilet paper out of your ass with this statement of the puppet

It's realky a moronic statement

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
There is a rumor out there that the Sens, Colorado and Preds almost had a 3 way deal for Duchene, Turris, White were mentioned and Chabot's name too. We have nothing like that to match to get Duchene and I would like him as a 2nd center, so we have to be in the game talent wise to get considered. For sure it has to be Carlo and who else, who knows. It has to include salary but our guys Spooner are injured, maybe Beleskey is being shopped.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Sweeney would need to move Krejci or Backes to bring in a center at Duchenes cap hit. Not happening. And he’s not worth that package Sakic rumored to be asking.

At this point it’s time to wait out these kids.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You are pulling more than toilet paper out of your ass with this statement of the puppet

It's realky a moronic statement
Can you tell me how in three years he has made the team better on the ice with an impact established player ?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Can you tell me how in three years he has made the team better on the ice with an impact established player ?

Although not addressed to me allow me to ask who was the Bruins to get (impact) from what team and why would the deal have worked?

Second question, do you have any investments that lower your ability/ lifestyle now to enhance your ability later?
CDs, Stocks, 401ks, a mortgage, etc...?
Im curious.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
He’s doing what Chiarelli should of done that he sucked at and that’s rebuilding the prospect pool. Chiarelli’s almost horrific drafting is what put this team in a hole in the first place. Sweeney has rebuilt the system while trying to compete as well which isn’t the easiest job. Usually teams trade away stars and do a complete overhaul but unfortunately this isn’t the easiest town to do that in. I give Sweeney huge credit for trying to do both at the same time.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So they're talking like 2 first and 2 thirds plus a guy like Frederic OR Zboril, Lauzon, 1st and 3rd?

You have to think you could get Taveres or RNH or someone like that for cheaper. That asking price is outlandish.

My understanding is this:

Duchene would have ended up in Ottawa for picks/prospects and Turris.
Turris then flipped to Nashville for picks/prospects.

Both Dreger and Friedman tweeted as much on Friday, but it seems Dreger has heard something else (yesterday).

If you go by the original rumor, it's not as though the picks/prospects were all coming from Ottawa for Duchene. Something came from Nashville for flipping Turris to them.

Again, that's how I understand it.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Although not addressed to me allow me to ask who was the Bruins to get (impact) from what team and why would the deal have worked?

Second question, do you have any investments that lower your ability/ lifestyle now to enhance your ability later?
CDs, Stocks, 401ks, a mortgage, etc...?
Im curious.
So the answer is you cant ?. Deflection is always a form of denial. Again, it is easy to trade a Looch, it is simple to trade a Dougie, (Both trades i had no problem with). It is easy to trade young quality players.

But if i am Chara and i am Bergie and Krejci and Marchand, i do wonder why my Stanley Cup nucleus are wasting my prime years with a GM who is looking long term....Oh is he, He signed Backes. So wait, confused, exactly what is/was the plan ???.

It is too late for Sweeney, He is a half in and Half out kind of guy. Scared, timid, safe, i mean why make waves. Why go for the gusto ?

Lets leave that for the Chicago's and the LA's and the Pens. Funny how they have won cups while managing salary and cap. But for me.....At least they go for it.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't like making trade proposals, because... well I don't know why. But here is one:

Matt Beleskey to Dallas for a 5th round pick and 30% retained salary or,

same team for a 4th round pick with 50% retained salary.

Dallas cap, $660,000 in space and could send Remi Elie and Jason Dickinson to the AHL for an additional $1,639,000 in space.

Reactions: DKH

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
divver saying o’gara not in warmups despite being healthy, suggests “wheels are turning up top”. more than likely a recall and not a trade, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia