Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Neal is a guy who would make a difference here and fills a lot of needs. Scorer, big, mean, dirty . Negatives are UFA and his 6m contract but I would do what it took to get him if he was extended before trade.

Spooner, Senyshyn and one of Lauzon or Zboril.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Neal-Krecji-Bjork
DeBrusk-Backes-
x-x-White

I have to agree we could use his Ryder like scoring bursts and get in your face style.
Neal for Spooner, McQuaid , might as well get rid of guys we really do not need anymore as they are duplicated and have been replaced, by cheaper healthier options

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak (Not sure why people still try and put Bjork back, Pasta stays here)
Neal-Krecji-Bjork (Gives Krech a Horton like player he seems to jell with)
DeBrusk-Czarnik-Backes, (keep Backes off the center spot, too slow for 200 feet)
Schaller-Nash-Acciari, (this can be any combo of the bottom 5 guys revolving in)

Chara-Mac
Krug-Carlo
Miller-O'Gara

Last edited:

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
If the Rangers do decide to sell, and consider moving McDonagh, you can be certain the line-up of interested teams will be LONG, and the Rangers will get many offers substantially better than that.

Many offers absolutely, not sure they'll be substantially better though. McDonagh is a beauty with a beauty cap hit but there just aren't very many deals with multiple firsts + prospects + young players. On the other hand, maybe this is a one-for-one type deal like Hall-Larsson (in which case, I agree, we won't be too competitive).

Here they're offered a 1st from a non-contender (at the moment), a former first round pick D (or Lauzon who is well regarded), a useful forward (Spooner), and they don't have to take Beleskey. It's a reasonable offer but I wouldn't be opposed to negotiating a bit higher.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Many offers absolutely, not sure they'll be substantially better though. McDonagh is a beauty with a beauty cap hit but there just aren't very many deals with multiple firsts + prospects + young players. On the other hand, maybe this is a one-for-one type deal like Hall-Larsson (in which case, I agree, we won't be too competitive).

Here they're offered a 1st from a non-contender (at the moment), a former first round pick D (or Lauzon who is well regarded), a useful forward (Spooner), and they don't have to take Beleskey. It's a reasonable offer but I wouldn't be opposed to negotiating a bit higher.

Yeah they will be.

McDonagh is consider at least in the Top 20 D-men in the league. He's a No.1 D on some teams, a very strong No.2 on most. 28-years old, and with two years left on his deal at a reasonable cap hit.

That deal you propose wouldn't get Duchene from Colorado, a good, but not great, C/W. A mid-1st, a B+ D-man prospect, and a guy with next to no value (and requires a 3 million qualifying offer this summer) wouldn't get Duchene, who also has 2 years left, it doesn't come close to acquiring McDonagh. Not even close.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah they will be.

McDonagh is consider at least in the Top 20 D-men in the league. He's a No.1 D on some teams, a very strong No.2 on most. 28-years old, and with two years left on his deal at a reasonable cap hit.

That deal you propose wouldn't get Duchene from Colorado, a good, but not great, C/W. A mid-1st, a B+ D-man prospect, and a guy with next to no value (and requires a 3 million qualifying offer this summer) wouldn't get Duchene, who also has 2 years left, it doesn't come close to acquiring McDonagh. Not even close.

I don't think Sakic ends up getting what he wants for Duchene, tbh.

Agree that 1st + Lauzon + doesn't get the Rangers to think for a second, though.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I do like trade proposals so i will add another

To vancouver
Matt belesky (3 year salary dump)
Ryan spooner (pending rfa)
Danton heinen (bc area kid)
2018 first (in a great draft but lottery protected)

For

Brandon sutter (5 years at 4.38... need 2 mill retention)
Derek dorsette (2 x 2.65)
Second round pick in deep 2018 draft)

At 2.38 mill for 5 years sutter would be pretty useful and when federik/jfk make him expendable we can trade him.

Dorsette is very expensive for a 4th liner but he knows his role and does it well. Easy upgrade over accari

Fit these 2 guys in for 5 mill... belesky and spooner out 6.5 mill... a bit more than 1.5 mill savings

Heinen wont be popular name to offer up and no one wants to trade down a first rounder in the draft but i think we are knocking on the door of serious contention. This move is big upgrade to bottom 6

Bjork/bergeron/marchand (first line good enough check)
Pastrnak/krejci/cehlerik (might be other lw)
Backes/sutter/debrusk (me like this)
Dorsette/nash/kuraly/schaller (yes

With the 1.5 mill cap savings we can continue to upgrade team as needed.

Reactions: Fenian24

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Agree that 1st + Lauzon + doesn't get the Rangers to think for a second, though.

I agree, I don't think he does either.

I do think he'll do better than a mid-1st + Lauzon/Zboril/Vaak + Spooner though. That qualifying offer (3 million) for Spooner next summer really hurts his trade value, and it wasn't great to begin with.

Reactions: wintersej

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
3 million is close to walk away for Spooner in my book.

Yeah I think so, based on what we saw thus far. I think he is arbitration eligible again as well.

For a team to acquire him, they either have to really like him (and see him part of their team moving forward in order to qualify him at that amount), or they just see him as a stop-gap measure for this season. Either way, he ain't bringing back much.

I came across a Spooner pro stock stick the other day, and was surprised to see he uses a 65 flex stick, which is really low. Now certainly it's a personal preference for any player, I use a 75 flex and am shorter than Spooner but heavier, but I wonder if the whippiness of such a low flex stick is why he always seems to need to cup the puck when he receives it cross-slot on the PP, rather than unleash a one-timer. Just an observation.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I figured I may as well try this, so here it goes. Tell me if I'm doing it right.

Matt Beleskey, Frank Vatrano, Adam McQuaid, and Ryan Spooner to Toronto for Austin Matthews and Mitch Marner. I assume a sweetner will be needed, so they can throw in their first round picks in 18 and 19.

Classic

I think a Vatrano and Beleskey for Ekman-Larsson is totally on the doable list too:)

Reactions: LSCII

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah I think so, based on what we saw thus far. I think he is arbitration eligible again as well.

For a team to acquire him, they either have to really like him (and see him part of their team moving forward in order to qualify him at that amount), or they just see him as a stop-gap measure for this season. Either way, he ain't bringing back much.

I came across a Spooner pro stock stick the other day, and was surprised to see he uses a 65 flex stick, which is really low. Now certainly it's a personal preference for any player, I use a 75 flex and am shorter than Spooner but heavier, but I wonder if the whippiness of such a low flex stick is why he always seems to need to cup the puck when he receives it cross-slot on the PP, rather than unleash a one-timer. Just an observation.

That is interesting. And its not like he is firing off wicked snap shots with that flex like Kessel.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I look at moving some players like Zboril and Senyshen for a 3rd line center that can pass as a 2nd line center. Branding Sutter comes to mind. Maybe look at bringing Soderberg back with some cash retained.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

To vancouver

For

At 2.38 mill for 5 years sutter would be pretty useful and when federik/jfk make him expendable we can trade him.

Dorsette is very expensive for a 4th liner but he knows his role and does it well. Easy upgrade over accari

Fit these 2 guys in for 5 mill... belesky and spooner out 6.5 mill... a bit more than 1.5 mill savings

Heinen wont be popular name to offer up and no one wants to trade down a first rounder in the draft but i think we are knocking on the door of serious contention. This move is big upgrade to bottom 6

NHL 18 called and said nice deal.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Still sickens me that McQuaid is seen as a joke and disposable by so many. Only tough player on team and people think a guy who block shots, hits, fights and does everything you could want from a bottom pair D doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Maybe grelyk or another midget who doesn' hit, doesn' fight, doesn't block shots but " oh look he can skate" will take his spot and make the Cassidy fans happy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

To vancouver

For

You should watch Heinen pretty good prospect

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
How about Ryan Spooner for Jon Merril?

It would give Vegas a playmaker for the PP where they're in the bottom third of the league.

It would give Boston a LH'd puck mover for the 3rd pair.

Neither guy seems to be fitting well with their team (Merrill has been scratched 9 times this year). Both guys are 25, both are affordable...

Chara-McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Merril-Miller

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

It would give Vegas a playmaker for the PP where they're in the bottom third of the league.

Neither guy seems to be fitting well with their team (Merrill has been scratched 9 times this year). Both guys are 25, both are affordable...

Chara-McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Merril-Miller

I always liked Merrill with NJ, but haven't seen him this year.

Lou probably has a better handle on him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Chara-McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Merril-Miller

I'd make that move.

Reactions: gumgum

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You should watch Heinen pretty good prospect
you've been around long enough to remember guys like Geoff courtnall... mike krushlinsky... tom fergers... and a lot of other names you and I could toss out as we play the memory lain game. not every 'pretty good prospect' is ultimately going to find a long term home on his original team.

in order for a forest to grow and be healthy... sometimes some deforesting is necessary. sometimes you even need a devastating fire to clear the room for the new trees to get the room they need to grow.

any kid might be traded... and its possible the trade wont work out. any kid might be traded and its possible the trade might work out.

team results are ultimately how I measure a trade

brett hull was a pretty good prospect when Calgary traded him... and their only Stanley cup in franchise history followed

jarome iginla was a pretty good prospect when dallas traded him... and their only Stanley cup in franchise history followed

eric Lindros was a generational prospect when Colorado/Quebec traded him... and they won that trade too.

better prospects than danton heinen have been traded when we look at our history books. sometimes it didn't work... sometimes it did

and better prospects will be kept here even if we were to trade danton heinen. I say Bjork/debrusk/cehlerik/even senshyn are guys I prioritize to give growth room to on the wings over the next 2-3 years

I know its never a popular choice to trade away kids that we have attactchments too. I was in angst when we traded Jordan caron, and kevyn adams, and kyle wanvig escaped, and cameraon mann disappeared. danton heinen is better than all of them put together I'm sure but is he better than randy burridge or shawn bates?

if I'm wrong and the team sees him the way you see him... no worries... he wont be dealt. but if he is just a run of the mill guy who might be a 45-50 point guy without a lot of jam to his game, then I think we got better prospects that deserve the opportunity to stay and grow with us and become more special.

I have never said I believe heinen cant play in nhl... I wouldn't be using him as a sweetner if I thought he had no value

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017

the feeling seems to be that in the reported 3-way, col was acquiring picks and possibly prospects

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
you've been around long enough to remember guys like Geoff courtnall... mike krushlinsky... tom fergers... and a lot of other names you and I could toss out as we play the memory lain game. not every 'pretty good prospect' is ultimately going to find a long term home on his original team.

in order for a forest to grow and be healthy... sometimes some deforesting is necessary. sometimes you even need a devastating fire to clear the room for the new trees to get the room they need to grow.

any kid might be traded... and its possible the trade wont work out. any kid might be traded and its possible the trade might work out.

team results are ultimately how I measure a trade

brett hull was a pretty good prospect when Calgary traded him... and their only Stanley cup in franchise history followed

jarome iginla was a pretty good prospect when dallas traded him... and their only Stanley cup in franchise history followed

eric Lindros was a generational prospect when Colorado/Quebec traded him... and they won that trade too.

better prospects than danton heinen have been traded when we look at our history books. sometimes it didn't work... sometimes it did

and better prospects will be kept here even if we were to trade danton heinen. I say Bjork/debrusk/cehlerik/even senshyn are guys I prioritize to give growth room to on the wings over the next 2-3 years

I know its never a popular choice to trade away kids that we have attactchments too. I was in angst when we traded Jordan caron, and kevyn adams, and kyle wanvig escaped, and cameraon mann disappeared. danton heinen is better than all of them put together I'm sure but is he better than randy burridge or shawn bates?

if I'm wrong and the team sees him the way you see him... no worries... he wont be dealt. but if he is just a run of the mill guy who might be a 45-50 point guy without a lot of jam to his game, then I think we got better prospects that deserve the opportunity to stay and grow with us and become more special.

I have never said I believe heinen cant play in nhl... I wouldn't be using him as a sweetner if I thought he had no value
I remember them very well especially Fergus and Courtnall off the ice

Interestingly when Harry traded Courtnall and Fergus I was bat dhit angry

600 NHL goals gone for a pile of steaming shit

I'm not a fan of your deal but you been watching hockey a long time and I focus on football and baseball during their seasons and only keep one eye on hockey until neither are playing

Been watching Heinen since college on TV and then in AHL - his progression has been excellent. He will end up better than anyone in this deal of yours to me and his versatility and smarts appeal to me

But if you think it's a good deal I trust you it is

JUST TO ADD (edit)

If I was the GM I never would have dealt Courtnall especially for what they got- and it was personal with Harry against him. Screw Harry on this one

I would never in a freaking million years deal Secord for O'Connell. I cant believe to this day 40 years later I'm still pissed about that,

Fergus for Delargo was again Harry pissed off for something off ice that wouldnt even be a blip on the radar- boys will be boys, and Harry f***ing just gave him away- horrible

Krushelnyski for Linseman I heard on the radio in 95 degree weather on route 128 Waltham and it made my day,,,,I remember it like it was yesterday

also, hated the McLeish deal and the Leach deal (although my sister was his kid Jamie's babysitter and he was often over our house and a fun little kid who ended up in the NHL himself)

its a shame I wasnt GM back

Heinen may not be what these guys were but he might and I know what Sutter is and Heinen can be much more valuable

you love to give up on kids

you wanted to deal Thornton in his early years for JR who was on the back nine

your a great fan but when I think of you, I think of selling low

Last edited:
Reactions: Dom - OHL

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I remember them very well especially Fergus and Courtnall off the ice

Interestingly when Harry traded Courtnall and Fergus I was bat dhit angry

600 NHL goals gone for a pile of steaming ****

I'm not a fan of your deal but you been watching hockey a long time and I focus on football and baseball during their seasons and only keep one eye on hockey until neither are playing

Been watching Heinen since college on TV and then in AHL - his progression has been excellent. He will end up better than anyone in this deal of yours to me and his versatility and smarts appeal to me

But if you think it's a good deal I trust you it is

JUST TO ADD (edit)

If I was the GM I never would have dealt Courtnall especially for what they got- and it was personal with Harry against him. Screw Harry on this one

I would never in a freaking million years deal Secord for O'Connell. I cant believe to this day 40 years later I'm still pissed about that,

Fergus for Delargo was again Harry pissed off for something off ice that wouldnt even be a blip on the radar- boys will be boys, and Harry ****ing just gave him away- horrible

Krushelnyski for Linseman I heard on the radio in 95 degree weather on route 128 Waltham and it made my day,,,,I remember it like it was yesterday

also, hated the McLeish deal and the Leach deal (although my sister was his kid Jamie's babysitter and he was often over our house and a fun little kid who ended up in the NHL himself)

its a shame I wasnt GM back

Heinen may not be what these guys were but he might and I know what Sutter is and Heinen can be much more valuable

you love to give up on kids

you wanted to deal Thornton in his early years for JR who was on the back nine

your a great fan but when I think of you, I think of selling low
Is that Billy D as in Billy Derlago the moustached cossack

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad