Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
two realistic targets in my mind...

1/ I feel it would be easy to get carl soderberg out of Colorado. the downside is 3 years at 4.75 mill is huge overpayment. the price I'm willing to pay has to be measured by how much I think he would bounce back coming home to boston and getting out of that hellhole Colorado situation? we'd have to balance the money too. I'm thinking first offer matt belesky for carl soderberg straight up... gives Colorado a 850 thousand dollar cap saving every year for 3 years. if Colorado is willing to eat a million dollars of the cap hit then I think we could throw in a dman like ogara maybe if they think he has a future. maybe a 3rd round pick instead of ogara? definitely try to balance out the cap hit.

2/ josh Anderson from Columbus screams to me the type of player we need here. and I think we have a hole on the right side too. how does Columbus view him after the big contract holdout? could we get him for a couple of our promising kids? I like heinens hot streak scoring right now but I think heinen is a lw and I think our lw is too full of prospects. I like the potential of cehelrik but again will there be room for him? I like senshyn but I like Anderson more. id give Columbus any 2 of these 3 kids if they are willing to give us josh Anderson. Anderson at 1.8mill for 3 years is a contract we can live with

waive spooner if he has no trade value when he returns... and the cap will work ok for us... and when healthy heres our 2017-2018 lineup up front

Bjork/Bergeron/marchand
pastrnak/krejci/soderberg
Anderson/backes/debrusk
accari/nash/kuraly/schaller

we are still working in a couple kids this year... we still have a few left to work in next year and the year after... this wont kill the youth movement. we add two much needed bigger bodies. we increase our depth at center. we increase our offense potential. we increase team grit

make it so

we

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I would not trade Frederick before we get a look at him in a Boston uni for a nice long period of time. Of course there are very rare exceptions, but those are... very rare.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
id also be all on board with the josh anderson trade, but doubtful columbus wants to get rid of him.. too bad , because he is exactly what we need.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Do we get any kind of LTIR cap relief from Backes and McQuaid?

Ltir allows teams to EXCEED the daily cap max by an amount upto the contract of the guy s on ltir. Basically its there ONLY to allow you to ice a team

But... you dont get a penny until you are already MAXED OUT. If we are using any ltir it means we are spending every penny we are allowed to spend

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
INCOMING PIPE DREAM :
i love me some pasta .. but its concerning how he cant seem to gel with krejci and (insert random linemate here) .. theres always been reports about how well he and zacha played together. C is an obvious weakness currently and possibly in the future.. so lets see if we can make a big splash on the trade front
DEVILS get: spooner, belesky, carlo
BRUINS get: zacha
i know ill get the "ea nhl18 gm jargon" but its a trade that works for everyone. i hate to give up carlo, but the ol' addage you gotta give to get comes into play. plus you are basically paying a little extra to get rid of belesky's contract. they get an established rfa c to do whatever they want. a solid dman for years to come and a reclamation project in belesky. bruins get an projected top 6 center with pleny of upside on the offensive side, while being an responsible two way center that allows the team to divy up the offense more than the first line . win win for both clubs.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Krejci plays better with "power" wings, not skaters like Pasta. I am worried about us down the middle as Bergy and Krejci are both getting brittle. These guys must be healthy for us to win and if they are healthy we can win. Krejci needs wingers. Wonder what it would take to get Sam Bennett from Calgary.

The guy who really has me thinking is Tavares from the Isles. If he makes himself or they make him available, I think we could offer them a great package. Obviously money must go back also but these teams match up well and could get a great deal done to help both teams.

Carlo is a guy we could part with and would be a starting point they could respect. Question is who else do we give them of quality.

Tavares is a guy you give a kings ransom for and we have many chips.....McAvoy, is untouchable.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Krejci plays better with "power" wings, not skaters like Pasta. I am worried about us down the middle as Bergy and Krejci are both getting brittle. These guys must be healthy for us to win and if they are healthy we can win. Krejci needs wingers. Wonder what it would take to get Sam Bennett from Calgary.

The guy who really has me thinking is Tavares from the Isles. If he makes himself or they make him available, I think we could offer them a great package. Obviously money must go back also but these teams match up well and could get a great deal done to help both teams.

Carlo is a guy we could part with and would be a starting point they could respect. Question is who else do we give them of quality.

Tavares is a guy you give a kings ransom for and we have many chips.....McAvoy, is untouchable.

I'm behind the Tavares idea, but it's such a risk because he's UFA after this season. If they could come up with a deal that includes contingencies, I'd be okay with it, but IMO if you put Tavares out there for everyone to bid on, the price could become very, very steep.

In a vacuum, where you're the only one making an offer for him, I'd be fine with sending Carlo, Frederic and conditional picks their way for him. (First rounder and a 3rd rounder if he re-signs, a 4th if he doesn't, for example).

Problem is that once other teams get involved, you'd probably either need to add significantly (Think Pasta instead of Frederic) or you wouldn't be able to match what other teams offer.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I'm behind the Tavares idea, but it's such a risk because he's UFA after this season. If they could come up with a deal that includes contingencies, I'd be okay with it, but IMO if you put Tavares out there for everyone to bid on, the price could become very, very steep.

In a vacuum, where you're the only one making an offer for him, I'd be fine with sending Carlo, Frederic and conditional picks their way for him. (First rounder and a 3rd rounder if he re-signs, a 4th if he doesn't, for example).

Problem is that once other teams get involved, you'd probably either need to add significantly (Think Pasta instead of Frederic) or you wouldn't be able to match what other teams offer.

You would only make that deal for Taveras if its a sign and trade.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
two realistic targets in my mind...

1/ I feel it would be easy to get carl soderberg out of Colorado. the downside is 3 years at 4.75 mill is huge overpayment. the price I'm willing to pay has to be measured by how much I think he would bounce back coming home to boston and getting out of that hellhole Colorado situation? we'd have to balance the money too. I'm thinking first offer matt belesky for carl soderberg straight up... gives Colorado a 850 thousand dollar cap saving every year for 3 years. if Colorado is willing to eat a million dollars of the cap hit then I think we could throw in a dman like ogara maybe if they think he has a future. maybe a 3rd round pick instead of ogara? definitely try to balance out the cap hit.

2/ josh Anderson from Columbus screams to me the type of player we need here. and I think we have a hole on the right side too. how does Columbus view him after the big contract holdout? could we get him for a couple of our promising kids? I like heinens hot streak scoring right now but I think heinen is a lw and I think our lw is too full of prospects. I like the potential of cehelrik but again will there be room for him? I like senshyn but I like Anderson more. id give Columbus any 2 of these 3 kids if they are willing to give us josh Anderson. Anderson at 1.8mill for 3 years is a contract we can live with

waive spooner if he has no trade value when he returns... and the cap will work ok for us... and when healthy heres our 2017-2018 lineup up front

Bjork/Bergeron/marchand
pastrnak/krejci/soderberg
Anderson/backes/debrusk
accari/nash/kuraly/schaller

we are still working in a couple kids this year... we still have a few left to work in next year and the year after... this wont kill the youth movement. we add two much needed bigger bodies. we increase our depth at center. we increase our offense potential. we increase team grit

make it so

we
Carl Soderberg been there done that

I'd rather go with the Schwartz kid

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
As much as I dislike the guy, I wonder what it would take to land James Neal. I think he would go well with Krejci and say Bjork or Pasta (whoever doesn't play with Bergy and Marchy). Starting with Spooner, I wonder what else it would take. I'm sure Vegas is clamouring for a first, but a 2nd, Spooner plus another mid-range prospect (O'Gara or Grizz) has to at least be tempting to an expansion club.
Perron looked good last night as well......

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
As much as I dislike the guy, I wonder what it would take to land James Neal. I think he would go well with Krejci and say Bjork or Pasta (whoever doesn't play with Bergy and Marchy). Starting with Spooner, I wonder what else it would take. I'm sure Vegas is clamouring for a first, but a 2nd, Spooner plus another mid-range prospect (O'Gara or Grizz) has to at least be tempting to an expansion club.

Neal is a guy who would make a difference here and fills a lot of needs. Scorer, big, mean, dirty . Negatives are UFA and his 6m contract but I would do what it took to get him if he was extended before trade.

Spooner, Senyshyn and one of Lauzon or Zboril.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Neal-Krecji-Bjork
DeBrusk-Backes-
x-x-White

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
When the Rangers decide to sell: 2018 1st, 2019 3rd, one of Zboril/Lauzon/Urho/Lindgren, Ryan Spooner, and Paul Postma for Ryan McDonagh and David Desharnais

* Approximately 3.5 million in cap space out and 5.7 million in. Bruins currently have $1.7 million in cap space but should able to accumulate $500k more between now and when the Rangers sell (through LTIR, roster moves, cap wizardry).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Neal is a guy who would make a difference here and fills a lot of needs. Scorer, big, mean, dirty . Negatives are UFA and his 6m contract but I would do what it took to get him if he was extended before trade.

Spooner, Senyshyn and one of Lauzon or Zboril.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Neal-Krecji-Bjork
DeBrusk-Backes-
x-x-White

Does that work with our cap, though? I like Neal, and would like him here, but I don't see how he is a viable acquisition at 6m AAV without also unloading Beleskey and that is tough one to see happening.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Perron did look good but
LOL Schwartz kid huh. He is not for sale at any price.
haha I was kidding

Bruins are in a tough spot only if Krejci is going to be out awhile - hopefully he's back soon and playing like he did the first week

Frederic is leading his Wisconsin team in scoring and JFK could be on the DeBrusk development time line

They need to hang in there and not overreact

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When the Rangers decide to sell: 2018 1st, 2019 3rd, one of Zboril/Lauzon/Urho/Lindgren, Ryan Spooner, and Paul Postma for Ryan McDonagh and David Desharnais

* Approximately 3.5 million in cap space out and 5.7 million in. Bruins currently have $1.7 million in cap space but should able to accumulate $500k more between now and when the Rangers sell (through LTIR, roster moves, cap wizardry).

If the Rangers do decide to sell, and consider moving McDonagh, you can be certain the line-up of interested teams will be LONG, and the Rangers will get many offers substantially better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln