Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oilers struggle is no mystery to me... most young teams dont progress in a straight line

Oilers over achieved last year because talbot played much better than can be reasonably expected... their team was freakishly healthy

Well then you're the only one who saw it coming.

Was expectations unreasonable (Cup Contention).....perhaps.

But no one saw them being THIS bad.

And Talbot didn't overachieve last year. He was good the year before, and the year before that in NY.

He's underachieving big time right now.

And Klefbom, who was expected to be their No.1 D-man, has struggled mightily this season, and is a big reason why their D has been so porous. Once again, who saw that coming?

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

And Talbot didn't overachieve last year. He was good the year before, and the year before that in NY.

And Klefbom, who was expected to be their No.1 D-man, has struggled mightily this season, and is a big reason why their D has been so porous. Once again, who saw that coming?

Talbot was good last year, the one before the he only had 21 wins and the oilers had a top 5 pick. He had a good partial season in for the Rangers but that team was stacked.

They're not a good team, their D isn't great and the F are very thin after Mcdavid and Draisitl

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Talbot was good last year, the one before the he only had 21 wins and the oilers had a top 5 pick. He had a good partial season in for the Rangers but that team was stacked.

They're not a good team, their D isn't great and the F are very thin after Mcdavid and Draisitl

Yes, but he played well for a bad Oilers team in his first year there. He's a quality goaltender playing below expectations.

But you're right, they aren't a very good team right now. I think they only had a handful of goals from their bottom 6 F going into last night. Next to no secondary scoring. And their D has struggled with Klefbom's poor play combined with the lack of Sekara.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

this bad no... but struggling yes. I also wasn't surprised if Toronto struggles... they aren't struggling right now but if they go through a miserable 10-15 game stretch later I wont be surprised

my saying I'm not surprised isn't the same thing as my saying I am guaranteeing it will happen. young teams are quite unpredictable in my experience. the safest thing is to predict ups and downs. if you bet on the team struggling you will be more right than wrong

ive been saying for years here now that teams need veteran leadership and experience... and defensive responsibility. that going all youth and skill is a path to struggles

so yeah... when teams struggle with youth and skill it wont ever surprise me because that's my position from day 1

having guys like riley nash and tim schaller to me is better than slepyshev and karyira because it lessons the struggles in my experience

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I agree they overachieved last season, however Chiarelli has made some awful trades there. 16th + 33rd for Reinhart comes to mind. Now Barzal playing well with the Isles. Eberle needed to be moved but perhaps picks/ prospects package would’ve been a better return? Strome isn’t working out.

His FA signings aren’t that impressive either. Russel for 5m per long term. Sekera is solid but overpaid & long term. Lucic’s best days are behind him, he’s overpaid at 6m for 6yrs.

The glue on that team is McDavid and Draisaitl, 2 guys he inherited/ lucked into. Imo Chiarelli has done nothing positive in Edmonton thus far.

I was a big fan of trading for reinhart here in boston... so that's one of my own mistakes. cant get too upset if a gm did it too. of course the cost of that trade was way out of proportion and even at the time it was made I said it was overpayment. but I was a huge fan of reinhart. I like the big stay home defensemen

as for his other moves... I said the oilers needed a culture change so I was in favor of bringing in guys like Andrew ference {before chiarelli} and lucic... but the oilers never took this far enough. too many of the guys they brought in aren't well known for their culture

when boston turned things around in the late 2000 we had to bring in 4-5-6 guys with good leadership skills to turn our dressing room around.

chiarelli wanted to get bigger... and he did a damn good job at that

their goaltending is shaky... not proven imho... but clearly better than it was

their defense is miles better than it was before chiarelli. I actually like their 6 man group when everyone is healthy. but their only good experienced guy is out... the 5 guys they are going with are either inexperienced or not that good to be a top pairing guy...

I think the worst thing for the oilers was all the press clippings. young guys do sometimes get overly confident and stop working on the hard parts of hockey... the defense... the grinding...

McDavid isn't good enough to succeed without playing hard. gretzky played hard. Crosby plays hard.

those contracts McDavid and draisailt signed put unfair amounts of preasure on these kids

the team isn't really as bad as they are playing now... this stretch of hockey might have happened in the middle of the season. I'm sure they will go a 20 game stretch at some point where they win 13 games...

its bad timing to have it at the start of the year... but at the same time theres still holes on the oilers that need to be filled. they still need more character/leadership

when they kept chris Kelly around all year... I thought he was exactly what they need... but for some reason they didn't sign him. so I think they are making a mistake. and they should have traded eberle for leadership not another struggling kid. and they should trade Hopkins for leadership when they trade him.

maroon and kassian are big strong guys... but not leadership
letestu is a good utility guy but not leadership
Russell isn't leadership and neither is sekera

you need guys that were parts of winning teams... that learned winning culture

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If no trades have happened yet to get a center then I do not see one in the near future. Maybe when everyone is healthy we try and showcase a few and take a hit to take a few steps forward. In my view that is the best option, widdle down the roster and weed out some duplicates. Get some chemistry on the lines and move forward. We have some excellent rookies and a back up who can play. The dee is shaping up with the pairs getting settled.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If no trades have happened yet to get a center then I do not see one in the near future. Maybe when everyone is healthy we try and showcase a few and take a hit to take a few steps forward. In my view that is the best option, widdle down the roster and weed out some duplicates. Get some chemistry on the lines and move forward. We have some excellent rookies and a back up who can play. The dee is shaping up with the pairs getting settled.

all my life I heard its hard to deal from a position of weakness. when we had all our centers hurt, I'm sure no one was doing us any favors.

but this is why you should never panic trade in the first place

now weve seen the troops under fire... and the crisis is passing... now if we do need a trade is the time to trade... but do we?

I still feel we could use a winger with some size to strengthen the right side. I still feel we could use a short term {1 year} left shooting dman that could upgrade the 3rd pair.

I wouldn't say that the time for a trade has come and gone... but at least now we aren't panic trading. if we make a move now it will be easier to make a smart trade

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was a big fan of trading for reinhart here in boston... so that's one of my own mistakes. cant get too upset if a gm did it too. of course the cost of that trade was way out of proportion and even at the time it was made I said it was overpayment. but I was a huge fan of reinhart. I like the big stay home defensemen

as for his other moves... I said the oilers needed a culture change so I was in favor of bringing in guys like Andrew ference {before chiarelli} and lucic... but the oilers never took this far enough. too many of the guys they brought in aren't well known for their culture

when boston turned things around in the late 2000 we had to bring in 4-5-6 guys with good leadership skills to turn our dressing room around.

chiarelli wanted to get bigger... and he did a damn good job at that

their goaltending is shaky... not proven imho... but clearly better than it was

their defense is miles better than it was before chiarelli. I actually like their 6 man group when everyone is healthy. but their only good experienced guy is out... the 5 guys they are going with are either inexperienced or not that good to be a top pairing guy...

I think the worst thing for the oilers was all the press clippings. young guys do sometimes get overly confident and stop working on the hard parts of hockey... the defense... the grinding...

McDavid isn't good enough to succeed without playing hard. gretzky played hard. Crosby plays hard.

those contracts McDavid and draisailt signed put unfair amounts of preasure on these kids

the team isn't really as bad as they are playing now... this stretch of hockey might have happened in the middle of the season. I'm sure they will go a 20 game stretch at some point where they win 13 games...

its bad timing to have it at the start of the year... but at the same time theres still holes on the oilers that need to be filled. they still need more character/leadership

when they kept chris Kelly around all year... I thought he was exactly what they need... but for some reason they didn't sign him. so I think they are making a mistake. and they should have traded eberle for leadership not another struggling kid. and they should trade Hopkins for leadership when they trade him.

maroon and kassian are big strong guys... but not leadership
letestu is a good utility guy but not leadership
Russell isn't leadership and neither is sekera

you need guys that were parts of winning teams... that learned winning culture

I wish I had a dollar for every time I disagreed with something you say. I could have retired to a life of luxury already.

I saw Reinhart in the Memorial Cup and thought he was OK, even if he was a reach with the 4th pick. Then I watched him play 5/6 games for Bridgeport in the AHL (live). After the 3/4th game, I texted DKH and told him Reinhart was going to bust. Watched him with some other Isles D prospects in those games (Czuczman, Mayfield, Pelech, Pulock) and he was far and away the least impressive of the group. When Chia traded the 16 and 33 picks for him in 2015, I told Dan that it was one of the worst deals I had ever seen. As it turns out, it was worse than anything Sweeney has done (IMO). Even if he did pass on Barzal, he still has three good prospects while Reinhart is no longer with EDM.

Chia did get bigger, he also got real slow.

From the EDM games I have seen this year, McDavid is not the problem. It appears to me that he is working just as hard this year as last.

I like Chris Kelly, and he is a good leader, but unfortunately he’s not a good hockey player any more.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC plans for tomorrow include a segment on the possibility that the Bruins are now shopping Tuukka. Pierre has put together a piece that compares Dobbie and Tim Thomas in 2011 and NBC is hearing whispers that Tuukka might be a cancer in the room.

:popcorn:

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
NBC plans for tomorrow include a segment on the possibility that the Bruins are now shopping Tuukka. Pierre has put together a piece that compares Dobbie and Tim Thomas in 2011 and NBC is hearing whispers that Tuukka might be a cancer in the room.

So after 3 consecutive starts because the guy is playing lights out, all of sudden he's the next Thomas, and Rask is a dressing room cancer.

Seems a little tooooo coincidental for my liking.......I smell bull manure.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So after 3 consecutive starts because the guy is playing lights out, all of sudden he's the next Thomas, and Rask is a dressing room cancer.

NBC needs to cook up a story line for tomorrow as they have to fill 15 minutes before the game starts. Milbury will work with Doc and Pierre will be down between the benches.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
It is really hard for me to love a goalie for some reason, Moog and Thomas might be the only 2.

Locker room cancer, first I have heard but hey you never know.\

Also, Go Sup Sup Superchargers!!!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

locker rooms can be complicated... and traditionally goal tenders are outsiders. if rask is hard to get along with that wouldnt shock me

but because goalies are usually outsiders i dont think theres too many examples in history where a goalie was traded because he was on the outs.

least none that come to my mind

speaking of locker rooms draisdailt seams to have been punched in the face recently. no one from the team is talking but the buzz in the media is that a teammate did it... ive heard discussion on the talk shows that the locker room is divided

when yakupov left he said they never let him be accepted

when ferrence was here he called out the kids especially hall and friends

locker room cohesion leads to team together on ice which is necessary for team battle for each other

it is important

but im with bruinsdust when it comes to putting any stock in this rumor that the team might move rask for this reason

if he is traded it will be for cap management

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I don't think there is anything wrong with Rask. Just your usual goalie and most goalies are weird. Rask was a lot more popular than Thomas a handful of years ago with the skaters.

But Khudobin is uncommonly popular/normal for a goalie. Rask could have bought himself 2-3 years of good faith if he dragged the depleted D group past Ottawa last spring. He didn't and Khudobin is hot so let the rumors swirl.

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rask[7m,28m,U] and Spooner[2.825m,R]
for
RNH[6m,24m,U] and Talbot[4.17m,8.35m,U]

Money is basically a wash. Get it done SweeNeely.

For the oilers they have a serious cap problem next year (although if they let maroon and strome go it might be more managable)

The most common thought is hopkins will be moved for a much cheaper 3rd liner

Trading him for the more expensive rask would not make alot of sense

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

What is his contract status? I thought he had NTC that lessens over time. Also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Rask[7m,28m,U] and Spooner[2.825m,R]
for
RNH[6m,24m,U] and Talbot[4.17m,8.35m,U]

Money is basically a wash. Get it done SweeNeely.

A year ago Peter Chiarelli was respected enough to be allowed to pick Team Canada for the World Cup. Now hes a laughing stock. If there is one thing he is not going to let happen to him before he gets fired its let the Bruins beat him in a trade.

He'd take that return from another team but ask us to add 2 1sts.

If we want an Oil player maybe ask another team to trade for them and flip them to us. Sort of what we pulled on LA with Jones flipping him to SJ when the Kings would never have let him go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad