Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not sure why the Sens do this? Spoons would die a slow death under Boucher`s system and Pageau is the kind of player who is fit for that system and I think his salary is in the 3 mill range so reasonable cost control

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
While I'm a big fan of Reilly Nash and everything he does I still think the Bruins would be best to look for a 3rd line centre with more of a scoring upside which would slide Nash to 4th line centre. I would love for Sweeney to go after JG Pageau.

He's a very good 200 foot player, 53% at the dot and has more scoring potential than Nash.

Spooner + 3rd (I'd go 2nd if that is the deal breaker)

for

Pageau

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork/Cehlarik
Heinen-Pageau-Backes
Kuraly-Nash-Acciari
Schaller

This is the type of deal I'd be for. However, you're blocking JFK next year, if he proves to be ready. JP Pageau has 2 years left after this one.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
hmmmm Landeskog has 16 goals. Wonder if Aho could be had?

I don't see Colorado moving Landeskog now that Duchene is gone. They're actually winning games. They're only 6 points back from the Blues, 7 back from the Predators and have 4 games in hand. Sebastian Aho, I assume you mean the one from Carolina, is a young piece for that franchise under control for a while. I'm not sure why they'd move on from him. He's also having a monster season in his 2nd year. It would a serious penny to acquire. He also doesn't fill the need. Bruins are more than set at LW.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
This is the type of deal I'd be for. However, you're blocking JFK next year, if he proves to be ready. JP Pageau has 2 years left after this one.

This feels like a temporary band-aid move that I would not be for. I think we either have to live with Nash and let him walk to allow JFK/Frederic/Donato an opportunity to be our 3C, or trade for a really solid solution.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I'm not convinced that Pageau is better than Nash. Also, playing 3 million for the next three seasons for a player of that caliber is a pretty risky investment (cough Chris Kelly).

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
TSN did a breakdown of needs in the east, suggest the B's should target Ian Cole - sorry if this has already been posted, you can read here

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
While I'm a big fan of Reilly Nash and everything he does I still think the Bruins would be best to look for a 3rd line centre with more of a scoring upside which would slide Nash to 4th line centre. I would love for Sweeney to go after JG Pageau.

Nash to the 4th breaks up the identity of the 4th line and has a negative impact, imo. That line is all about tenacity. The Tenacious Three - a rather perfect 4th line.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not convinced that Pageau is better than Nash. Also, playing 3 million for the next three seasons for a player of that caliber is a pretty risky investment (cough Chris Kelly).

Pageau is a better player than Nash.

Nash's contract with just this year remaining vs. this year + 2 more, is better than Pageau's.

I'll go with Nash.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Well, in fairness - they didn't speculate on what would it would take to get him...it's been widely reported that the Pens were shopping him.

Why do the Bruins need another 6-7dman with Postma/McQuaid in the press box already?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Pageau is a better player than Nash.

Nash's contract with just this year remaining vs. this year + 2 more, is better than Pageau's.

I'll go with Nash.

yup. it does seem like nash is basically placeholding for JFK. plug and play next year, assuming he's ready.

Reactions: BruinDust

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
What about Hoffman? I think another sniper on one of the wings would work. That said he might be too expensive in terms of futures. I love the player though.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If we're not getting a top 3 dman, we do not need to trade for one.
We have McQuaid who is our insurance policy.
Debrusk is looking great with Krejci, I just dont think Spooner is right for that line. I'd drop him to centre Backes and Heinen.
Drop Nash to centre Kuraly and Acciari.
13th forward Schaller
Trade a pick+ prospect for Krejci's RW or promote Donato/Bjork
Call it a day......

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
paul martin just went on waviers... but theres a problem with his cap hit. I think he is an upgrade over mcquaid or postma for our 7th dman but we would need to trade mcquaid to have any chance of fitting the cap hit.

I guess id be very surprised if this happens. I think someone will claim martin though. but seeing him on waivers does show us how difficult it is to move a salary

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
paul martin just went on waviers... but theres a problem with his cap hit. I think he is an upgrade over mcquaid or postma for our 7th dman but we would need to trade mcquaid to have any chance of fitting the cap hit.

I guess id be very surprised if this happens. I think someone will claim martin though. but seeing him on waivers does show us how difficult it is to move a salary

No thanks, old, broken down and expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad